Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clamped!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

I saw a fcuking clamping van reversing around a corner and crash into a lampost the other day. was one of the funniest things I have seen in ages. I only wish I was closer so I could point at him and laugh, cos he drove off quick - didn't even check to see if he reversed into a car - could've been a kid on a bike and not a pole though... least he could've done was look. Pr1ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭veritable

RainyDay wrote: »
    Interesting - so now your estimate of the time involved has doubled (from 1 to 2) under questioning. We're all left wondering what the real figure was.

So please explain why there are double-yellows at that location at all?

So you tried to be nice until you realised that you couldn't spoof you way out of the fine, and then you reverted to your true form. I'm not sure what you do for a living, but do you expect your clients to be civil to you all the time?

Utter nonsense. They don't operate on commission. He gets the same pay cheque whether he clamps 1 car or 100 cars. In Dublin, his employer gets the same contract fee whether they clamp 1 car or 100 cars. The fine goes to the local authority, not the clamping sub-contractor.

Give the limerick lad a break. I can't stand the stench of naive self righteousness coming off you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

thast what I like , witty repartee...someone says something and straight away 3 1/2 years later someone has a aposite comment to make....:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There was a lot of clamping in Kevin Street / Georges Street today. Some awards or something going on too.

In France people used to superglue the locks on clamped cars, anyones not just their own. Whole system was unworkable when they couldn't release the cars so legend has it that they gave up after two weeks.

is it true that the lads have a pool to see who clamps / lifts the most expensive car ?

corktina wrote: »
    thast what I like , witty repartee...someone says something and straight away 3 1/2 years later someone has a aposite comment to make....:D

Maybe the clampers are a bit slow in removing them around those parts. ;)

There was a lot of clamping in Kevin Street / Georges Street today. Some awards or something going on too.

In France people used to superglue the locks on clamped cars, anyones not just their own. Whole system was unworkable when they couldn't release the cars so legend has it that they gave up after two weeks.

is it true that the lads have a pool to see who clamps / lifts the most expensive car ?

Don't forget Angle grinder man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Of course not. People with posh cars park worse, so we will be told:rolleyes:

Advertisement