Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how cool is the oc??

• 15-02-2005 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

don't tell me you don't watch it, i know you do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Altheus

It's cool like Dawson's Creek was cool.

It lacks a good plot, character depth, humour, and dialogue. So I'd put it right up there with Dawson's.

It's for women aged 16 - 21, their boyfriends and leering at Miranda (?) and Summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Mmmmm Marissa!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Well now, funny there should be a thread about this here now...

I never liked it before cos I just found it obnoxious BUT my friend lent me the first season on DVD and I have to say it really grew on me.

The jokes in it are quite witty and there was something resembling a storyline which I'd never noticed before.

Anyone any idea how far into the second season they are on E4 atm cos I was gonna watch it today but I wasn't sure how far in they were

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It's watchable but not good. Too much emotion and cheese.

simu wrote:
    It's watchable but not good. Too much emotion and cheese.

But the cheese.... the cheese she is good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

steveland? wrote:
    But the cheese.... the cheese she is good

yes, if she is mature and covered in fungus.

oc cheese is like processed cheese strings tho'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

steveland? wrote:
    Anyone any idea how far into the second season they are on E4 atm cos I was gonna watch it today but I wasn't sure how far in they were

As of the Episode on E4 tonight I think there 4 eps in to the new series. If you saw tonights your as up to date as you really need to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Frankie Smith

apparently the numbers of irish students on the j1 going to orange county has trebled or something this year- all cos of the oc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

she saved chrismaka!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

The O.C's quite awful in my opinion!

But that really skinny girl is beauuuutiful...

She makes my willy wonka go hard! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It's ****, I've watched it once and it's for women and gay men, or really sad guys that can't socalise with real women and sit at home **** to fully clothed "Hot" women on a sunday afternoon

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Altheus wrote:
    It's cool like Dawson's Creek was cool.

It lacks a good plot, character depth, humour, and dialogue. So I'd put it right up there with Dawson's.

It's for women aged 16 - 21, their boyfriends and leering at Miranda (?) and Summer

Its the only reason ive ever seen it. Was over with the girlfriend and she insisted. Couldnt even get a kiss (i might miss something she says!!!! wtf)
    Its is funny at times not enough to keep interest though.
    P.s. the women are hot, even, sorry, especially the mothers!!!!

Lump wrote:
    , or really sad guys that can't socalise with real women and sit at home **** to fully clothed "Hot" women on a sunday afternoon

Ah so you do understand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Lump wrote:
    It's ****, I've watched it once and it's for women and gay men, or really sad guys that can't socalise with real women and sit at home **** to fully clothed "Hot" women on a sunday afternoon

John

Ah yeah thats almighty coming from an person whos job entails that he spends 99% of his day in a small room lookin at computers screens..lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I love it! Seth is a laugh. I hate when people compare it to Dawson's Creek, it's nothing like it Creek is a show that parents would probably encourage their kids to watch while the OC includes booze, overdoses, parents having sex with their kids friends and the teenagers act like they want, the way it's supposed to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Even though I will admit that I loved Dawson's Creek (I'm a sucker for these type of shows!) - DC annoyed me a lot purely for the reason that they used too many big words! I mean who speaks like that at 16? Nobody :p

Aaanyhoo, my god I love The OC. I only started watching it in November, and managed to get Season 1, and now I've watched all of Season 2 up to episode 11. Tiz so cool, I can't believe I never watched it before!

I started watching One Tree Hill ages after that started too but now I've seen episodes up to the second series - up to 13, and I have to say OTH is actually sliding down the ladder now, I'm starting to prefer The OC.

I love Sandy in it! He's so hilarious! Did you all see the sex talk episode in Season 1 between Sandy and Seth? Ahhh brilliant, I played that scene over and over again coz twas so funny :D And I really like Seth too, he's so dramatic and tiz all me me me, he's hilarious. I used to like Marissa but her prissy behaviour is starting to annoy me now. Ryan's just neh - he doesn't really stand out that much, I think Seth is a better character. Oh and Julie Cooper - she is insane!!!
    did anyone of you see The OC Obsess Completely / A Day In The Life, where she's like "gimme some of that young stuff, when does Julie get a young un!!" Brilliant!

One day I wanted to see if there were actually houses like that in Orange County and I did a real estate search, my god I wanna live there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

how cool is the oc??

so cool it hurts.

Ah yeah thats almighty coming from an person whos job entails that he spends 99% of his day in a small room lookin at computers screens..lol

Ah no, My day entails, Working with Digi beta machines, D3's, 1 Inch players, Beta Sp Machines, VHS Machines, Tv's, Engineering Monitors, £200,000 non-linear suites. I spend very little time looking at computer monitors actually, and the rooms are rather big.

And since I only work 24 hours-ish a week, 99% isn't that bad.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

i can proudly say, i have never seen an episode.

Not really intentionally.Just has never been on when im looking at the telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

seen it twice, thought it was ****
    just another Dawsons Creek

teenagers television

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

OC - started well, but I think it rapidly went downhill plotwise after the first 7 episodes. Back then it was somewhat original - Seth was an unloved geek, Ryan had this new family, wasn't liked in town etc., but before long it took on the rich kids, wonky soapish plots of Beverly Hills and Dawson's Creek (though that had its moments in the early days as well).

Season 2 is even weaker, IMO - unless they turn a corner with it from the halfway point on. Could've been a fine show based on its beginnings, but some of the criticisms are spot on - it's become little more than a weak teen show.

But I agree the mothers are just as hot - Kirstin. Mmm!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

doh.ie wrote:
    OC - started well, but I think it rapidly went downhill plotwise after the first 7 episodes. Back then it was somewhat original
    Season 2 is even weaker, IMO - unless they turn a corner with it from the halfway point on.
    I think it's telling that they keep referring to S1's early Tijauna trip because that was, y'know, an interesting plot line. S2, what I've seen (which is up to the US) leaves a lot to be desired, particularly when you see some of the nasty fun you can have in the likes of 'Nip/Tuck' S2. Yes it can make me smile but the plots really really need to be beefed up and not feel so humdrum - the characters are charming but can't really makeup for the fact that I'm beginning to really not care...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

TimAy wrote:
    i can proudly say, i have never seen an episode.

Not really intentionally.Just has never been on when im looking at the telly.

Count yourself lucky.

But here's a condensed version of all the episodes in their entirety.

"Should I call her?" - white upper middle class whine
    "No, don't call her" - chorus
    "I should call her" - white upper middle class whine
    "Don't call her!" - chorus
    "I'm gonna call her" - white upper middle class whine

ixoy wrote:
    I think it's telling that they keep referring to S1's early Tijauna trip because that was, y'know, an interesting plot line.

I think that's the reason Tijuana stands out so much for me - it was the last interesting thing to happen on the programme! Love triangles and rhombuses and what-not are all well and good for a while, but the programme has descended into weak "You're my father?!" storylines and whiney in love/out of love angst. It had more potential than this at the beginning, but now it might as well be Sunset Beach. Know what you mean about not caring about the characters. Maybe if they hadn't suddenly become stereotypes, we might.

kasintahan wrote:
    Count yourself lucky.

But here's a condensed version of all the episodes in their entirety.

"Should I call her?" - white upper middle class whine
    "No, don't call her" - chorus
    "I should call her" - white upper middle class whine
    "Don't call her!" - chorus
    "I'm gonna call her" - white upper middle class whine

Isn't that a bit harsh?!?!

*Angel* wrote:
    Isn't that a bit harsh?!?!

Yeah, you're right. That's not quite right.

His last line should've been, "I'm *SO* gonna call her."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

:D Best show ever!!! :D
    supposedly its the 90210 of the 'noughties' altho i personally dunno coz i never watched it!
    got season 1 box set few days ago and managed to watch all 27 episodes in 2 sittings over 2 days...actually dont think thats very healthy!
    it has great storylines, great casting and great comedy. THe music in show is not bad either has helped launch/re-launch many musicians...

Yeah you're right scraggs the music is good, I dunno somehow it's just addictive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Lump wrote:
    Ah no, My day entails, Working with Digi beta machines, D3's, 1 Inch players, Beta Sp Machines, VHS Machines, Tv's, Engineering Monitors, £200,000 non-linear suites. I spend very little time looking at computer monitors actually, and the rooms are rather big.

And since I only work 24 hours-ish a week, 99% isn't that bad.

John
    Wow, congratulations. I'm sure everyone *really* cares.

Season 2 of the The OC has been pretty poor really, ditto Nip/Tuck. Where's Spooks season 4??

• Advertisement

Well I wasn't responding to every one, I was informing father_ted9t9 who obviously does care about my life.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I've seen one full episode, and bits and bobs when channel hopping. Seth and his dad are funny, but my god the plot and writing are woeful. The one full episode I saw was like dramatic irony by numbers. Just not my cup of tea.

Advertisement