Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorbike Tyre Pressure

Options
  • 15-02-2005 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Can some one please tell me what the correct tyre pressure is for motorbikes, I need to know for my test on thursday. Its on a moped if that makes any difference!

Also dose anyone know how to cheak rear drum brakes?

Please somebody help me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Should all be in your handbook/manual.

Correct pressure should also be written on the sides of your tyres. I just realised I don't know what it is for my bike. :o I'm disgusted.

Drum brakes are easy peasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Dceire,

All pressures are different on bikes. Should you not have your manual, your best bet is to call the dealer where you bought your bike and ask them.

BTW - very best of luck in the test!

Shar. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

dceire wrote:
    Can some one please tell me what the correct tyre pressure is for motorbikes, I need to know for my test on thursday. Its on a moped if that makes any difference!

Also dose anyone know how to cheak rear drum brakes?

Please somebody help me!
    Re the brakes: There is a little silver arrow pointer on the brake shaft that goes into the wheel hub and markings on the drum wheel hub - as you press the brake you will see the arrow move against the scale. Too low or off the scale means time for new brake pads.
    Also - If you have to press the brake pedal down very far - you need to adjust the travel to max about 1inch -usually by hand tightning the nut on the threaded bar at the brake hub.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement