Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biffy Clyro

• 16-02-2005 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭

biffy clyro are playing these dates

Apr 14: BELFAST, The Limelight
    Apr 15: DERRY, The Nerve Centre
    Apr 16: DUBLIN, Voodoo Lounge
    Apr 17: CORK, An Cruiscin Lan
    Apr 18: GALWAY, Roisin Dubh

anyone have any idea where the voodoo lounge is??

i don't understand why they are playing there as they sold out whelans last time there were here and should be aiming for a bigger venue (tbmc)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Voodoo is bigger than Whelan's. It' on the quay's, past the four courts. Might go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tickets are only 17.50 it's cheaper than a CD in a cd shop in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Could any of you guys please tell me if their new album is any good? I'm thinking about making a purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh it's great, it's really varied though,

it starts off with a disco intro and you're wondering where the feck they are going but after a minute the heavy classic biffy riffs kick in.

it's hard to describe another band like biffy as they always said that there's no point in making the same music twice, and because of that all their three albums are totally different.

their newest one is their heaviest and has more screaming, but it is used to good effect. I'd download a track first before buying into them first as they are not every one's cup of tea but they certainly are better - in my opinion - than most of scottish bands out there (except for the exception of idlewild)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

I'd be a bit sceptical about that method of judging/rating music, "it's good for a scottish band".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

How serious are the Voodoo Lounge about ID? I'd love to go but if they're strict then I can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

*gasps, bumps*
    Oh to be over 18.
    So, yes, Voodoo Lounge, strict? I mean, would a 15 year old girl such as myself be able to get herself in at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

ah lovely i'll be looking forward to this

now if only the postal service would tour here

Advertisement