Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mars Volta: Frances The Mute

Options
  • 16-02-2005 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

The most unbelievable album is coming out on Friday, and im putting the word out for everybody to go out and buy it as you will be astonished!

U guys just have to hear L'Via L'Viaquez, 12 minutes of AMAZINGNESS!

......imho ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

How did you hear it before the release date? ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

quank wrote:
    How did you hear it before the release date? ¬_¬
    The wonders of t'internet... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i dunno, I got this album a few weeks back and... I've only listened to it twice

it just didn't grab me by the ears and twiddle my lollipops like de-loused in the comatorium did.... but maybe it just needs more time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Looking forward to it. It's been on the web for a while but I'll be picking it up, legit, like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

aye, *Snip* gotta hear it as one continuing piece of music.

its a shame they arent playing over here in their current tour tho.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The length of the songs makes it a bit difficult to listen to, you need to make a bit of an effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Once you do make the effort its class though. Same with De-Loused.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

listening to it now and.. I'm liking it, track 3 just started and it's kicked off very nicely.

the mars volta are going to be one of the great bands in years to come methinks.. this stuff is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

I thought The Mars Volta only got together for one album, in dedication for their dead artist friend. Well, that's what I heard.

quank wrote:
    I thought The Mars Volta only got together for one album, in dedication for their dead artist friend. Well, that's what I heard.

nay laddie, quoth their biography:
    omar rodriguez-lopez and cedric bixler-zavala formed the mars volta in 2001 in order to dispose of lables and limitations of any kind, to move beyond genres strip-minded into obsolescence--be they dinosaur prog or 2-d punk

also, if their songs wern't as long as they were, they just wouldn't have any meaning imo :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Mordeth wrote:
    listening to it now and.. I'm liking it

Glad to hear Mordeth, spread the word of their excellentness! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

I mo thuarim ta ar an tiomant isteach nios fearr , ceap me go bhfuail on volta mars lan le ****nabull agus solo na drumminis ar ata an fhada arfad ,ta relatsionship an coimmead thar bear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Its a bloody great album

marvin2k wrote:
    ar an tiomant isteach

rofl

i think at the drive-in are just missing that little bit of perfection,
    relationship of command is class tho :D

Advertisement