Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widows messenger problem

Options
  • 16-02-2005 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭

I have been trying to access my Hotmail account but I cant get signed in to the .net Windows Messenger Service.

Each time I enter the username and password I get a message saying that I couln't get signed in because of a problem with the service or internet connection. everything appears to be running fine and i am connected to via BB.

Can anyone help or advise as to what the problem may be.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Messenger has been having alot of problems over the last few weeks but as far as i know its back to normality now(atleast it is on my computer), its probably a minor glitch that will resolve itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Did you download the latest patches (or better still, MSN 7 BETA)? Microsoft have made this a mandatory upgrade for all MSN users, and unless you have the updates, you may not be let onto the .net Messenger service.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks for the replies. This is a brand new PC with updates (Microsoft) downloaded and installed only 3 weeks ago. I checked the ms site for updates tonight but none available so I assume all available updates are installed.

As stated in other posts I am not over familiar with PC's but my son set up the whole system for me. (cant get hold of him till next week). I do recall that he disabled something after being recommended to do so by McAfee or the Microsoft anti-spyware programmeas.

Im not sure now if it was on this PC or the old one

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭happydude13

there have been messenger updates in the past 2 weeks.

also messenger 7.0 beta might be worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Muffler
    Try this link and check if you need any updates

http://messenger.msn.com/Help/Upgrades.aspx?mkt=en-us

Alternatively Read this

http://messenger.msn.com/feature/msgr3.aspx

Make sure you are have the latest client

Let us know what happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks a million for the help.

I logged on to the updates and downloaded Messenger 6.2 (4.7 was installed)and everything is flying. Have to say that even for a novice like me it was a very simple process.

I have a large volume of unread mail to get through but just grateful that I was able to get signed in.

Thanks again for the help

Deckie

Advertisement