Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Games Publisher

Options
  • 16-02-2005 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

Whose games do you respect the most?

Favourite Publisher 34 votes

Electronic Arts
    0% 0 votes
    Activision
    11% 4 votes
    Take-Two
    5% 2 votes
    Konami
    2% 1 vote
    Ubisoft
    8% 3 votes
    Nintendo
    5% 2 votes
    Sony
    52% 18 votes
    Other (Japanese)
    0% 0 votes
    Other (European)
    8% 3 votes
    Other (North American)
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Nintendo are the true daddies.
    Ubisoft are good. but seem to be hitting a bit of a slump at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nintendo all the way. There's actually very few of my favourite games that they didn't publish.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

These days - Nintendo.
    Way back when - System 3 and Thalamus. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I would say nintendo, but they didn't publish Beyond Good and Evil, so I'll go for Ubisoft.

Alright, who voted for EA? Come on, own up....

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

This thread upsets me, How can you not include Blizzard Entertainment / Vivendi Universal in the list? They are by far way superior than any of the above listed IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

i <3 Blizzard
    especially at the moment :)

flame: we already know there's plenty of ninty fanboys on this board :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Other Japanese for me, namely Koei. Why? Dynasty Warriors, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dynasty Tactics, Disgaea, G1 Jockey, La Pucelle: Tactics, Phantom Brave AND the near perfect Gitaroo-Man.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nintendo for me, although Ubisoft have been on a roll recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Nintendo all the way.
    Pfffft EA.... its in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Konami , whoever voted EA better be takin the piss .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

ea get my vote too...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

It should be more of "Favourite Games Developer" then Publisher. I love DICE (Well, Sweden not Canada as much) but I'm not the biggest fan of EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, developers. I have a soft spot for Monolith: AVP2, NOLF, NOLF2 and F.E.A.R (which looks great)

I'd take anything Lenny says with a pinch of salt, he's been known to be a wee bit of a troll.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have to say I've a soft spot for Capcom. They aren't afraid to let their developers run riot now and again and create some games that would be laughed out of the EA offices before they were even petitioned. They have made some stinkers but usually their output is mostly consistently brilliant and are one of the few companies that are still catering for the hardcore market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ye wheres Capcom?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

In response to where's capcom, vivendi, blizzard, etc. the damn poll only allows ten combatants. I would have loved to include more, and it killed me to leave out some that i really like, but it wouldn't have been a fair poll to just list the ten companies i like the most, so i based it loosely on market share.

In respones to a poll on developers as opposed to publishers, there are even more of them, so the above problem would be compounded. Besides, i asked whose games you respect the most, so it's really the average of their games you're supposed to be voting on, not "i like teh ubi logo so tehy get moy vote". In short, go make yer own poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Lenny wrote:
    ea get my vote too...

Hey stop posting crap and try and come up with some more hilarious threads .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'd go with Capcom, then Nintendo, then Sega.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 4000Holes

Konami for MGS and PES. KOEI and EA come close though...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I don’t really like the idea of going around hating or loving publishers, but I have to give credit to “Atari” (Infograms) for publishing one of my most loved games of 2004 - Chris Sawyer’s Locomotion.

And they said the bedroom / basement developer was long dead!

• Advertisement
Advertisement