Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't Look Now

Options
  • 16-02-2005 3:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

If you've not seen Don't Look Now, then I urge you to! It's currently a mere £6.99 on play.com, so if you're a horror fan, you've no excuses.

If you're a fan of Dario Argento or Hideo Nakata, then it's great to see where they learned a lot of their tricks from. Nicolas Roeg's Don't Look Now issuch a starkly beautiful film, with some absolutely magnificent scenes, an absolutely unrelenting atmosphere that's thicker than your ma's homemade custard, and fantasticly captivating preformances from Doland Sutherland and Julie Christie. Gripping, mystifying, and utterly terrifying.

Pardon me for rather the blatant plug, but I think it's a landmark film in Horror, and it seems to be very under-rated, and almost unheard of by people who have the gaul to call themselves fans of horror. Would anyone else agree? Seen it? Thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmmm. I have the feeling that you talking about horror films is going to be an ongoing bad influence on my wallet...haven't seen it, will probably buy it just to take a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Just ordered it,thanks for the tip-off. Definitely a creepy film, very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

I remember seeing it years ago on BBC2.I think it was part of Alex Cox's moviedrome season.
    No blood what so ever and creepy as hell,then again casting Donald Sutherland helped as he usually creeps me out.
    Anyone remember the remake of Invasion of the body snatchers,Sutherland's last scene? Freaks me out every time I watch it.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hehe, sorry about that Fysh. :p
    Xcom2 wrote:
    Anyone remember the remake of Invasion of the body snatchers,Sutherland's last scene? Freaks me out every time I watch it.

X

Yeah, that was definetly my favorite version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Far superior to that horrible 1993 film set in the army base. And of course, they're making a new one. Although it does seem like we're getting a version ever decade at this point, so that's no suprise. Nothing will ever match the 1978 version.

Advertisement