Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Choosing driving tester...?

Options
  • 16-02-2005 4:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

OK first of all..not for me. (I have my license)

OK a friend of mine is doing her test is next Monday.
    Thing is. First time she did her test she got tested was by her ex's father. He e blatently failed for 'non legit' reasons. But that is all in tha past.

My question is...On the day, should she get a tester she finds 'unacceptable' can she ask to get another canditate?..Or is it 'take it as you get it'?

Just asking for a simple answer here folks, no sh1t3 talk as its not me taking the test.

Manky thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

I was told by my driving instructor when I failed my 1st test that the same tester is not allowed to test you on a subsequent time.

Having said that though this was 5 years ago so things may have changed! It would be worth her while contacting the test centre and making a discreet query. The information I was given as well was because I was considering making an appeal when i failed 1st time. .

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

samo wrote:
    I was told by my driving instructor when I failed my 1st test that the same tester is not allowed to test you on a subsequent time.
    From http://www.drivingtest.ie/drivingtest/HTMLContent/frameset.html
    Q. If I fail my test will the same tester conduct any subsequent test?

A. Occasionally you will be scheduled with the same tester. However, it is the policy of the Department that you are not scheduled repeatedly with the same tester.
    I've had the same tester twice. Once on the bike, and once in the car. Bastard failed me both times. He's a stony-faced **** too. Strange thing was he failed me in the car in Wicklow, and on the bike in Tallaght. If I get him when I go to Athlone for the next bike one, I'll go mad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

He could be stalking you there seamus ;)

It wouldnt suprise me though the way things are going with driving testers cancelling tests like there's no tomorrow if she didnt get a choice in the matter :mad:

Advertisement