Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameCon 6 Announced - 300 Man PC/XBox Gaming Event

Options
  • 16-02-2005 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

gc6.jpg

New Year New Games, New Venue, New faces?? New GameCon

Yes guys we are back. And due to overwhelming demand we are back in a new 300 seat venue.

GameCon 6 will be held in the City West Conference Centre, Part of the City west hotel. Entry is E30 if you book online and E40 if you pay on the day. So save yourself E10 and book online now. Don't have access to a credit card? well don't worry. You can pay be check or postal order by making it payable to Jermain Williams and sending it to:

Jermain Williams
    Dialogue Marketing
    2-5 Wellington Quay.
    Temple Bar
    Dublin 2.

Please email me by clicking here if you are sending a cheque or postal order.

What is GameCon?

It's a 300 seat 24 hour fully networked games party. See, play and win the latest games on all formats before they hit the shops. Meet gamers with a similar passion to your own and play for 24 hours solid. Talk to the people who make the games and have your say on the games of tomorrow.

As always we will have PC and Console competitions with thousand of Euro's worth of prizes.

Click here to register!

Date: Saturday 26th of March to Sunday 27th of March
    Time: 9am to 9am
    Venue: Citywest Conference Centre, Saggart, Dublin

citywest.jpg
    Click here for a map and directions

Price: E40 for PC & Console gamers (E30 if you Pre-Pay Online)

Places: 300

What can you expect?

Well GameCon truly is a multimedia games party, all the major games systems will feature, PC, Xbox, PS2, GameCube, N-Gage and retro classics too. Competitions will be held on the day with instant prizes for the winners. You also gain point for every Competition game you win. Gain the most point and you walk home with our overall star prize and all the acclaim that goes with it. We will also have fun matches as well. Come for the comps, come for the games or just come to meet other people who share your passions.

What you need to bring:

PC Gamers need to bring their PC and all the standard bits..
    PC
    Monitor
    Mouse
    Keyboard
    Power cables
    Network cables (spare ones can always come in handy)
    Power strip
    Games
    Food/money
    Headphones
    General LAN bits

Console Gamers can bring their consoles if they please but dont have to. You should bring a TV if you bring a console. Extra Joypads always come in handy but you should mark them with your name if you bring them.

Games to be played inclued:
    Half Life 2
    Halo 2
    Doom 3
    Lord of the Rings - The Battle for Middle Earth
    Uefa Champions League
    Counter Strike (Source)
    FarCry
    Call of Duty
    Unreal Tournament 2004
    BF1942
    BF1942 - Desert combat
    BF Vietnam
    C&C Generals
    Quake
    Warlords Battlecry 3
    DefJam Fight For New York (Xbox)
    Splinter Cell PT(Xbox)
    Dead or Alive Ultimate(Xbox)
    Soul Calibur 2 (Xbox)
    Project Gotham 2 (Xbox)
    Topspin (Xbox)
    Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo DS)
    Metroid Prime Hunters (Nintendo DS)

And much much more.

Book your place now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Easy-C

Great, it would have to be on the day of my birthday.. No go for me ;/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

is it ok to bring a modded xbox :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

bah, only got one or 2 of those games

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

City West Hotel... not the best location, location, location.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Heck yes im gonna be there !

HL2 DM pwnage, tbh

:)
    CC

*cough, is there gonna be a modding comp this time BW ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

CombatCow wrote:

BluE-WinG wrote:

And there was me thinking that the above photo is of City West Hotel, and the above link to 'a map and directions' links to City West Hotel's website... I must be wrong.

My exact complaint of the location is that it is a bit too far out.

I stand corrected, thought the Conference Centre was a separate location, but it does say hotel on the pic so... ;)

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Heh, I live just down the road :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im thinking of going, console gamer here but i prefere to leave my xbox at home i know you said we dont have to bring our consoles but what happens if we dont and what console games are they there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I know theres probably nothing you can do about it but unfortunately theres an 8 clan cs only lan taking place in waterford on the 26th march. so thats a lot of pr0 gaymers that won't be able to go :/

Probably doesn't matter that its source and not 1.6 then I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 4000Holes

No DS? Pity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

u nailed it 4000 a ould metroid prime hunters comp would be class all ds owners just bring theres along we can quickly get a game goin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

4000Holes wrote:
    No DS? Pity

There's nothing stopping you getting people with DS's together for this...

Why don't you post and see if there's interest? I notice some people would rather complain than do something or help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

monument wrote:
    City West Hotel... not the best location, location, location.

Its still in Dublin, its 5minutes up the Nass road literally and then youre basically there, I thought it was far out, it isnt really.

4000Holes wrote:
    No DS? Pity

I was just gonna mail brock and see if we could get some DS going at the lan, Im gonna post around and see if any interest will be generated, but you guys are more than welcome to play DS at the event :)

Edit: Ive setup a thread : Here Anybody interested in playing nintendo DS Please post in this thread, and we'll see how many people we can get interested. Oh and we will be giving away a DS as a prize for one of the competitions :)

is it ok to bring a modded xbox :confused::confused::confused:

Just flick the switch so its not a modded xbox, and then you can bring it ;)

snoopdog wrote:
    im thinking of going, console gamer here but i prefere to leave my xbox at home i know you said we dont have to bring our consoles but what happens if we dont and what console games are they there

You dont have to bring a console, one will be provided for you for all of the console comps, and people generally will share for halo and the likes, however it is preferred if you bring your own to get the maximum amount of gaming in :) Bring a portable TV and xbox, only takes a few minutes to setup and youre good to go for 24hrs :)

News just in

Nintendo DS will feature at GameCon, Ive had a number of users asking for it, we will have DS Section with hopefully many DS gamers. You'll be able to link Wirelessly and finally play some other DS gamers :)

And to top it all off, we will be giving away a Nintendo DS as one of our many Prizes!

Please express your interest for the Nintendo DS here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

niiiccceeee. I may make an appearance and play some xbox games as well. any ideas what game cube games will be played?

evad_lhorg wrote:
    niiiccceeee. I may make an appearance and play some xbox games as well. any ideas what game cube games will be played?

Super Monkey balls Mainly ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

One thread will do. And BlueWing, before the rage builds up I want you to know that I'm letting you advertise your lan here despite the fact that I should move it to Lan Parties where these threads are susposed to be.

Complaints will generate a more by the books approach in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

BluE-WinG wrote:
    Just flick the switch so its not a modded xbox, and then you can bring it ;)
    but my xbox is modded and there no switch what then

amp wrote:
    One thread will do. And BlueWing, before the rage builds up I want you to know that I'm letting you advertise your lan here despite the fact that I should move it to Lan Parties where these threads are susposed to be.

Complaints will generate a more by the books approach in the future.

OK, thanks for letting me advertise it here Amp, apologies for starting a second thread, I meant no harm by it.

snoopdog wrote:
    but my xbox is modded and there no switch what then

We dont support modded consoles nor can we condone them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

damn no psp :(:(:(:(

No PSP yet.. however if the demand is there, this will pick up, what is the networking capabilities for the PSP?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Its all short range wifi, like the DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

w00t. DS section. Though I still see something wrong with the thread title. Who says it's gonna be 300 men?

:D

Either way im gonna whip ya all in HL2 DM, Toilet Pwnage !!

CC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Went to the last one, hopefully will go to this one if a few more friends come along, hint hint nudge nudge Ciaran

Advertisement