Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jazz Open Mic

• 16-02-2005 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Hey, there's a Jazz open mic on in the Pale near christchurch every Tuesday night. All are welcome to come listen and play.

Fusion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Lactating Shark

The Pale? I'm not familiar with it. Does it have another name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Nope that's what it's called, it's just up past Jury's hotel on the right hand side.

Fusion251 wrote:
    Nope that's what it's called, it's just up past Jury's hotel on the right hand side.

Sounds like the place that used to be called Molloys. Sounds good, has it been going for long?

Could be not really sure about that area myself. It's been going since before christmas, it's a good night. Good rhythm section and a good chance to get some experience.....

Fusion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

How open is the open mic, is there a resident band that's set up and can just singers get up or is the stage open for bands to get up as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

Fusion251 wrote:
    Hey, there's a Jazz open mic on in the Pale near christchurch every Tuesday night. All are welcome to come listen and play.

Fusion

Don't suppose "all" includes u18's?????? :D ???????

Cousin it wrote:
    Don't suppose "all" includes u18's?????? :D ???????

They looked pretty young when I was there last week.

If you're under 18 then you're takin a chance. Dunno if you'll get in.

It's fairly open, a group can get up and play a tune or two yeah it's a jam session.

Did you play Lactating Shark?

Fusion

Fusion251 wrote:

Did you play Lactating Shark?

No, I dont know any standards, I really should learn some.

How open is the open mic, is there a resident band that's set up and can just singers get up or is the stage open for bands to get up as well?

Anyone?? :confused:

• Advertisement

There's a rhythm section there all the time but I'm sure they'd be cool to let you play a few tunes depending on how many musicians are there on the night, what tunes would you be looking to sing anyway? I'm sure the lads would have no problem playing whatever you wanted anyway as long as you bring a lead sheet :)

Fusion
    :cool:

Thanks fusion, it's just two of us, I'm a singer and I play with a guitarist. It'd be nice to play with the rhythm section and see what it sounds like. We play mainly play standards, but throw in a bit of soul/blues type stuff to.

Yeah that's cool, sure come along next tuesday if you're around usually starts around 9.30.

Fusion

I eventually got around to going to this place, we went along last night! How cool!!! I mean, it's a really nice place, the atmosphere is great and they were totally sound about people getting up to play, I didn't get up my self last night but my boyfriend and a few people he's in a jazz class with did and they were great!
    I asked them about singers and they seemed really interested, so I may just have to pop back very soon!
    All in all I would recommended it to many!

Cool! I didn't make it last night, i'll be there next week! The more the merrier!

Hey, just a note to say this has been moved to Thursdays, it's on tonight 9.30.

Cheers
    Fusion

Fusion do you play there sometimes? What do you play?

Yep I play guitar...havn't been there in a while though

Fusion251 wrote:
    Yep I play guitar...havn't been there in a while though
    Cool, well I must keep an eye out for you next time I'm there. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Does this still take place? I'd be interested in going along. Is it on tonight?

• Advertisement

Fusion251 wrote:
    Hey, just a note to say this has been moved to Thursdays, it's on tonight 9.30.

Cheers
    Fusion

Nope Thursday..

Advertisement