Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do we need a new mod?

• 16-02-2005 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

I think so.

New mod. needed for the pro wrestling forum? 7 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I disagree, but I only base this on the fact that you seem to dislike him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

once again, no one is having a go at the current mods, its just as a fan of wrestling and this board , when i come in to have some sort of discussion all im finding are trolls and flamers.... so i think an additional mod would be helpful in this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

It's nothing personal from any of us I believe, we all just want to board to run smoothly. I would like a new mod (for those of you that hadn't gathered that already!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh, well then I'm on your side!

I'll just return to staying out of the pro-wrestling forum

carry on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

One mod hadnt checked it in weeks until he was told to by a friend and he wont resign or that's what i was told.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

Hanza? Correct! I don't think he'll be too pleased with this thread but its necessary.

Well it was nice of him to show up yesterday so he could throw his weight around. Give him some credit :P

osama bin laden will sooner get credit for scoring the winner in the champions league final

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

stalfos wrote:
    One mod hadnt checked it in weeks until he was told to by a friend and he wont resign or that's what i was told.

Hanza will be staying as moderator, and he does check here most days but may not be around all the time as he aint got broadband and has a very busy schedule, but I feel we do need another 3rd moderator, one that will add alot of discussion here and update us on wrestling news & events etc.

im your man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I knew i should've voted nero last time :rolleyes:

Cianan2 wrote:
    I knew i should've voted nero last time :rolleyes:

hmmm

i think jesus would be a great mod.......

Its been taken into consideration for now, dunno what good that'll do though

Well if it's news and discussion you want I'll provide that if you consider me for the position. I'll post fresh news here every morning that will give the group a good kickstart for the day.

I vote despatch, me as well

Despatch wrote:
    Well if it's news and discussion you want I'll provide that if you consider me for the position. I'll post fresh news here every morning that will give the group a good kickstart for the day.

sounds like a bleedin ad for porridge

EDIT: I vote me, feck the lot of ya

AlcoholicA wrote:

Nice one :)

I'll also promise not to invade Iran if that helps.

AlcoholicA wrote:

that attitude wont get you voted for

I wouldn't have thought a new mod was needed,just to ost news every day. That'd seem kinda stupid,just someone who will look over the place regularly. You wouldn't have to get rid of Hanza,or bombidol but just have someone who is on more frequently than them....

Cianan2 wrote:
    I wouldn't have thought a new mod was needed,just to ost news every day. That'd seem kinda stupid,just someone who will look over the place regularly. You wouldn't have to get rid of Hanza,or bombidol but just have someone who is on more frequently than them....

and that ladies and gentlemen is the reason i brought all this up in the first place.

• Advertisement

Cianan2 wrote:

It's not just about posting news - read the thread in the feedback board if you don't know what we are proposing.

well i'll get a poll going so, to see who people want.
    ill provide a link soon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yeah thats all thats needed, just another additonal person that can post news and events, keep new posts coming all the time, like a news bot:)

AlcoholicA wrote:
    and that ladies and gentlemen is the reason i brought all this up in the first place.

Sorry man,never saw the feedback forum...anyway,how many people are gonna be goin up for it?

fitzer666 wrote:
    well i'll get a poll going so, to see who people want.
    ill provide a link soon

It might not be a good idea to have an election until the mods decide whether they are going to let us have a new mod. We wouldn't want to upset anybody.....

Cianan2 wrote:
    Sorry man,never saw the feedback forum...anyway,how many people are gonna be goin up for it?

I think everyone is so we will all get one vote each :)

If someone REALLY wants to do it I'll support them but if not I'm willing to put my name in the hat.

Isn't it strange that the numbers voting no is increasing yet nobody publicly expresses a negative opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Ok

Im not going to pout, Im not gonna say anything. And believe me I am doing my best to bite my tongue.

I AM RESIGNING AS MOD FROM THIS BOARD

However, you can bet that there are some people that will NOT become mod. It will be up to me and Bombidol.

Signing off (for good)
    Hanza

• Advertisement

Hanza wrote:
    However, you can bet that there are some people that will NOT become mod. It will be up to me and Bombidol.

Hanza

So the ex-mod gets to pick the new mod. I thought we lived in a democracy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The admins decide who is made mod (for the general boards anyway, community boards are somewhat different). So in that sense, no, it isn't a democracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Ireland is a democracy
    Boards.ie, however isnt.

Dont believe me, ask any other mod. Koneko is right. Thats the way it works.

So, you're bringing your politics into this,no matter what the people want. Any chance you could name who it is that wont be getting the job??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement