Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Story?

Options
  • 16-02-2005 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭

Just found this board. Whats the best anyones got on air out of a P3.4e Pressy on a 478 Skt (aircooled)?

Best Aircooled Superpi by any rig?
    Best Watercooled Superpi by any rig?

Best 3dMark05 by any Aircooled rig?
    Best 3dMark05 by any Watercooled rig?

Any mad bastard lashed out on Phase cooling?

2 x 200gb Seagate Barracudas
    MSI Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT at Ultra Speeds
    Thermaltake Shark Case
    Air Cooled Thermalright XP120 & Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5 on the GPU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I'd say you're looking at 3.8Ghz on air. 4Ghz with water/phase change etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I'll tell you on Monday. CPU arrives tomorrow :O)

I got 3.7 out of my old 533mhz 3.06ghz and 3.55 Prime95 Stable 24/7, so am hopeful of 4ghz this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Inquitus wrote:

I got 3.7 out of my old 533mhz 3.06ghz and 3.55 Prime95 Stable 24/7, so am hopeful of 4ghz this time.

Get lucky twice in a row :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Inquitus wrote:

You meen you got 3.55ghz out of it, i wouldnt really count non-stable speeds, as you cant run your system stably with those speeds. If so my rig would be a 3ghz fx51 lol.
    With a 3.4ghz prescott you should easily be able to hit 4ghz stable on air and id say 4.2 on water, on phasechange id reckon 4.4 - 4.8 whould be achievable, ive seen them reaching 5ghz on phasechange with volt mods etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

They couldn’t be stable at that gline could they(5GHz)?

• Advertisement

yeh with the right mods done, defo, people have had them at 5.2ghz (but that was on a cascade system)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

A fella called Fugger at [URL=http://]www.xtremesystems.org/[/URL] has managed to run SuperPI in 20 seconds with a P4 3.8 @6.2ghz using a triple cascade system.

He has also booted to the BIOS @ 7.2ghz

Inqui

Inquitus wrote:
    A fella called Fugger at [url="http:///"]www.xtremesystems.org/[/url] has managed to run SuperPI in 20 seconds with a P4 3.8 @6.2ghz using a triple cascade system.

He has also booted to the BIOS @ 7.2ghz

Inqui

Cool, interesting to see it is possible to nearly double speed of current cpus with the right cooling :)

Advertisement