Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Show p*ssed at Lesnar

• 16-02-2005 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

SportsTalkCleveland.com interviewed Big Show and John Cena yesterday and when Paul Belfi asked Show about his thoughts on Lesnar filing a lawsuit and a possible return to WWE, he had the following to say:

SHOW: You know what, I'm gonna tell you something. Brock, listen to me because I'm telling you the truth from the heart - I'm pissed at you. I did a lot for him when I came over to Smackdown. I worked hurt with herniated discs in my back, chewing vicodins like they were M&Ms just so I could stand up straight and get to the ring, to do my match, to take an F-5 or a belly-to-belly or whatever I had to do to get him over, because he was gonna be our man. Whatever got in his head, to turn his back, which he did, on a multi-million dollar contract, had everything he wanted, EVERYTHING HE WANTED, and he got it fast. Great work ethic, tremendous in the ring, a natural at understanding psychology, executing moves and just being a freak of nature in the ring. Brock was all that and a bag of chips, there's no doubt about it. To see him go pull some goofball stunt and go play football, it really showed a tremendous amount of lack of respect to the guys in the locker room because when we needed him...

BELFI: He wasn't there.

SHOW: I had to have knee surgery. I had worn my kneecap down to the bone and when Brock left I had to work an extra two months so I could get somebody over, I don't know who it was, (John Cena laughs) so I could leave to go get knee surgery. He dumped all that on everybody. Just the attitude of he wants this, he wants that, he only wants to work a certain amount of dates. Honestly, my personal opinion, hey we had a great run with him, and we don't need him. We can work around him. To give him the red carpet treatment again, hell no.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Well I guess when you're 7'2" you can say what you really think even if it is about Brock Lesner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Well the Big Show is not a locker room "leader" but I do believe he speaks for most of the other wrestlers, that Lesnar left them all in a fix - Lesnar had been groomed as the "man", while not initially a great promo guy he got over by his inhuman like strength, etc, plus when coupled with Heyman as his mouthpiece - everything seemed to gel nicely

But he walked on them - no matter how good he thought he might be in the NFL, he simply walked on his co-workers when they actually needed him - which in any job, is a big no-no, especially if you completely disregard their feelings.

I dont think we will see Lesnar in WWE anytime soon, but if we do, he will be made to re-pay his dues with the boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Don't forget he turned his back on the fans too. At least he got booed out of the building in his last match before he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

He deserved them though. Getting his just deserts now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I've said on previous threads that Brock was foolish to leave so hastily and foolish to sign a contract that he is now trying to have quashed,

but I’m just wondering, is there similar animosity towards the Rock, who also got a lot of special treatment during his career only to leave to pursue another ambition, all be it a different ambition to Lesnar's.

Or Kevin Nash, who got a ridiculous push in '04, only to walk out with Hall when Ted Turner jingled his pockets.

Are these guys as unpopular in the locker room as Brock?

• Advertisement

D-FENS wrote:
    I've said on previous threads that Brock was foolish to leave so hastily and foolish to sign a contract that he is now trying to have quashed,

but I’m just wondering, is there similar animosity towards the Rock, who also got a lot of special treatment during his career only to leave to pursue another ambition, all be it a different ambition to Lesnar's.

Or Kevin Nash, who got a ridiculous push in '04, only to walk out with Hall when Ted Turner jingled his pockets.

Are these guys as unpopular in the locker room as Brock?

Categorically no heat on the Rock at all - he was always there for WWE, he put people over (like Brock), he made others look good - hell he wrestled Billy Gunn!!!!

As for Nash - well it is generally accepted backstage that he can only perform for the money (allegedly 5000 for NWA TNA) - but back when he could wrestle, he was great for a big guy, and his promos where downright hilarious - but now, nah Nash is only beloved as part of the Scott Hall Memorial CLique Party :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Well i think Kevin nash and Scot hall werent going to save the WWE like Lesnar was going to and they didnt just walk out like Brock who for no good reason want to terminate his contract and join the NFL, the waited for there contracts to expire and then join WCW

Big Show has every right to say that
    Where did he say it?
    Do you have a link?

uhm he says it in the first post I made :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Couldn't agree more, It p!ssed me off as a fan who paid alot of money to see him Wrestle Goldberg in Madison Square Garden for those two @ssholes to go out and walk around for 10 minutes was a real kick in the teeth.He seemed genuinely hurt by the crowd but Goldberg and himself deserved it

Its interesting listening to Show and Cenas reactions, I would of thought WWE would gag them due to the lawsuit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I love the Rock and was also a fan of Nash, but if his contract only ran out last year, then there was about two -three years when he most certainly was not there for WWE, he was off making the Rundown or whatever.

And Nash may well have seen out his contract, but it was very clear at the time that WWF wanted him to sign a new one, not bugger off to a rival company.

My point is a lot of guys have abused their position over the years, Lesnar shouldn’t be blacklisted because of it.
    Disappointment sure, that such a talented wrestler doesn’t actually have a real passion for wrestling, but that Brock's loss.

Anyway, even a law suit doesn’t mean the door is completely closed.
    His girlfriend filed one and she came back.

Vince will forgive anyone if it means ratings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

i agree that lesnars departure from wwe was a big disappointment.I understand he left to pursue a goal to play in the nfl.However the way in which he left was v bad.lesnar had a huge fanbase and was considered one of the top wrestlers to ever work for wwe.He was put over by Hogan Rock Big Show and Angle.The timing for leaving was wrong.

I feel Lesnar should have waited at least a few more months/a year to leave WWE.I also feel that he was stupid to sign that contract prohibiting him to wrestle for any other wrestling company.But I also blame WWE.They are preventing Lesnar from working in his profession.I believe Lesnar is right to file a lawsuit but extremely wrong to turn down what McMahon and the WWE offered him.His demands were extremely unreasonable.Ric Flair has been wrestling for 30years and is a 16 time world champion.Lesnar signed a developmental deal with wwe and ovw.Sure he was an NCAA champ but compared to Ric Flair thats a bit miniscule.He shouldn't get as much as Flair and he should not have walked out when he was on such good money.

furthermore,brocks last match was the worst match of his career.I thought the best part of that match was when the crowd at msg were singing hey hey hey goodbye.I thought JR was wrong to point out to the tv audience that it was lesnar who was leaving.he forgot to mention Goldberg who was brutal in the wwe.it was as obvious that goldberg was leaving to.

back to lesnar,i wish he could read this because i am going to say something that would open his eyes.some of us here on boards.ie are training to become wrestlers with IWW.we are unfortunate not to have the physical build or skills that lesnar possesses.some of us are walking around in pain trying to make it into the wrestling business alone.getting into wwe is the biggest achievement a wrestler can hope for.Lesnar doesn't know how lucky he was and i don't know if he'll ever realise it.

Advertisement