Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving theory test

Options
  • 16-02-2005 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

ok, at the moment I am studying for mine, but I have a little hitch, see whenever I read a novel (this does have a point btw) I always give the characters voices, like it is a film, or if it happening around me, but also I get visuals, the visuals are like dreams, in that I can't see everything, just whats important, and the book goes too fast to do some sight seeing, but anyway, as I look at all of the possible questions in the book and then at the choices I get visuals of what each choice entails, its just a snap thing, an examle would be...

you wish to turn your vehicle around on the road. you should...

(A) drive into somebody's driveway and reverse back onto the road. (I imagine someone driving up MY driveway and see how that gets annoying, therefor, not right)

(B) check ahead and behind for oncoming traffic and turn briskly while still keeping a lookout. (I think about it and it seems right, I imagine the scene)
    (C) drive onto a footpath, if necessary, in order to ensure that you have sufficient room to turn. (I imagine the scene, but there is a chance that I might hit someone or something might happen to the underside of the car, so, not the right choice)

however! this also servs as a hindrance, in that some questions have absurd options and when I think of what would happen then, I break my ****s laughing!

does/did anyone else get this problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I presume it is b) as with a) you are reversing onto a major road which is not allowed and with c) you are mounting the footpath which is not allowed.
    go with d) a neat and quick handbrake turn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

I get something similar but I did my test early in the morning so I was too tired to let the imagination run wild, I got 39, I really want to know what the one i got wrong was, But aside from not getting top marks in that I'm perfect.

Maybe a little modest sometimes though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

you'll be fine, I'm doing mine in the afternoon tomorrow so I'll be sure & post back my results & impressions, it's a handy baby though as far as i can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

I'm applying for mine soon. Yeah some of the options are ridiculous, which makes it that bit easier to give the right answer so its ok!

How many questions do you need to get right to pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

susanna wrote:
    I'm applying for mine soon. Yeah some of the options are ridiculous, which makes it that bit easier to give the right answer so its ok!

How many questions do you need to get right to pass?

There's 40 questions, you must get 35 or over, to pass! :D

Good luck with it and let us know how u get on :)

• Advertisement

Thanks, fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

AlienGav wrote:
    There's 40 questions, you must get 35 or over, to pass! :D

Are there different sets of 40 questions. ie, you get 40 questions out of possible 200.
    If only 40, it's a wonder they are not published somewhere already.

Don't know how many questions we have here, but there were 5 different sheets to choose from at the time I did the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

AMurphy wrote:
    Are there different sets of 40 questions. ie, you get 40 questions out of possible 200.
    If only 40, it's a wonder they are not published somewhere already.

Don't know how many questions we have here, but there were 5 different sheets to choose from at the time I did the test.
    its way more than 200. there are almost 200 on road signs alone. I think (though its a while since I've had anything to do with it) that its close to 700 possible questions (could be way off).

You can purchase either a cd-rom or book with all the questions on it. I would recommend the cd for anyone with a pc as it is exactly the same as what you will see on the day.

No I had the cd and I'm fairly sure it's 200, but make sure you get a new cd, I got a lend of an old one and some questions were different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

As i said, there were nearly 200 on the signs alone. This I'm certain of because it took so bloody long to go through them all

• Advertisement

There are 783 questions to be exact. That book is great for a bit of light reading :rolleyes:

Like I said I was using an old cd

Passed 40 out of 40, no surprises, now to put that into context I had the Theory book, rules of the road book & cd, the CD is as was aleady said almost exactly the same.

I'm still laughing about the question that went like so

When should Children drive a tractor

a) at night
    b) in a field
    c) never

ahahahahhhhaaa

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

sector wrote:

a) at night
    b) in a field
    c) never
    d) pulling a load of hay alone, at night, with no lights

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

kbannon wrote:
    d) pulling a load of hay alone, at night, with no lights

never did me any harm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

I reckon get the new cd. I passed mine 2 years ago so therefore I now have an old cd but when I went in and did the test all the same questions from my cd were coming up. I was finished in no time and then thought are they trying to give me trick questions. I was wondering why am I finished so quick lol. But I did pass 40 out of 40 so I recommend the CD rom to anyone. Best of luck with your tests. I am certain you will all pass :D

sector wrote:

a) at night
    b) in a field
    c) never

What aged child, 4, 14 or 44?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Just bought the CD today. They still havn't updated it to euros or kilometers.....

The real exam isn't updated to KMH yet either.

here are a few items of interest;

http://www.drivingschoolireland.com/

The John Ryan School of Motoring.

• Advertisement
Advertisement