Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hall of Fame - new inductee

• 16-02-2005 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

WWE announced Monday night on RAW that "Rowdy" Roddy Piper has been added to the list of inductees to the WWE Hall of Fame.

Which is really strange considering how Piper was released by WWE :) and also how he ruined a rising star in Sean O'Haire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

that was not pipers fault he is a god and should be in the hall of fame and im just happy he hogan to it ha ha hah ah aha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

He really ruined O' Haire WWE career,

I thought piper was on TNA now

piper didn't ruin o'hare he left and the wwe just left ohare to be what he is a bad preformer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Kencu

Anybody who thinks that O’Haire was a bad performer is a fool. He is far from a great mat based wrestler but his high impact moves have the required POP to get away with that. The guy was 6ft whatever and would do senton’s from the top. He also had a good look. If they had gone the whole hog and turned him into a proper Waylon Mercy type character he’d have been HUGE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

O Haire didnt suit the WWE 'style', was a sloppy, stiff worker, and had no real desire to be in the WWE.

Pity, as he certainly had the superstar look, his devils advocate gimmick would have been good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

O'Haire was a great entertainer - around the time of the Invasion, he could have been built up to be a future champion, but WWE don't take risks on anybody they can't control. I guess they prefer talentless boys like Randy.

Kencu wrote:
    Anybody who thinks that O’Haire was a bad performer is a fool. He is far from a great mat based wrestler but his high impact moves have the required POP to get away with that. The guy was 6ft whatever and would do senton’s from the top. He also had a good look. If they had gone the whole hog and turned him into a proper Waylon Mercy type character he’d have been HUGE!!

did i say o'haire was a crap wrestler no i said he was a bad preformer a bad actor and everyone else saw it once piper left he had no character so he was dumped wwe could have done what they did with stone cold but they didn't so

O'Haire was a great entertainer - around the time of the Invasion, he could have been built up to be a future champion, but WWE don't take risks on anybody they can't control. I guess they prefer talentless boys like Randy.

your just wrong o'haire alwasys needed some else there with him even in wcw so when piper left he was lost wwe dumped him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Not the least bit suprised to see Hot Rod get inducted , thoroughly deserved, even after his antics in '03. Vince and him have fallen out loeads of times, but as i said in the Lesnar thread, anyone can be forgiven of the ratings are right.

And if O'Haire got the Bullet just because of his association with Piper, then i'd balme WWE, not Piper.

Advertisement