Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orton is Wrestler of the Year

• 16-02-2005 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

well according to this story:

Randy Orton has won "Wrestler of the Year" in voting by fans at the Sun Online website.

Orton captured 20.2 percent of votes in the British based poll, finishing ahead of Chris Benoit, John Cena, Undertaker, and Triple H.

To read full results, http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2005061878,00.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I'd actually give it to either Jericho or Christian because they have shown great consistency...more than likely Jericho cus Christian was injured for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

what orton thats not right i would have rathered steph mcmahon than that no talent git but still no-one this year was any good tyring to bring up a superstar from nothing is hard so with no good new guys in he won

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Don't take it too seriously, it's people who read the Sun who voted on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Shelton was the best wrestler of last year.
    Either him or the usual suspects of Benoit, Angle or Eddie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Odd combo, people who read and watch wrestling.

I would give it to mysterio myself or jericho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Randy Orton

give me a ****ing break

That poll reads more like a popularity contest than a considered response. Undertaker in fourth place shows that pretty clearly. I guess I'd give my vote to HHH because of his consistency over the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Despatch wrote:
    That poll reads more like a popularity contest than a considered response. Undertaker in fourth place shows that pretty clearly. I guess I'd give my vote to HHH because of his consistency over the year.

Sure, consistancy in not letting anyone else wear his world title for very long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Seed

Orton can't wrestle. He can take a hit alright but he has no actual wrestling ability. How in the hell did he win 'Best wrestler'? o.O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Despatch wrote:

the smirk on my face is large, as you are right HHH has been consistent this year - consisten on ruining peoples' careers :)

• Advertisement

Ph3n0m wrote:
    the smirk on my face is large, as you are right HHH has been consistent this year - consisten on ruining peoples' careers :)

Well that's a matter of opinion but he's a good worker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Seed

To be fair to the guy, both his knees are buggered, yet he still goes out there every week. And last week he had a brilliant match with Edge. Which is..strange..cause..Edge..HHH...'brilliant'..in the..same..sentence..*head explodes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^^^

Since turning heel, Edges ring work has immeasurably improved. Proof of this is just look at some of his recent matches Vs HBK, and the start of the EC.

Orton as Wrestler of the Year is a joke. Anyone who reads these forums knows my feelings on him, so i dont feel the need to post them here again. We will see how big a star Randy is in the coming few months, when is is trying to earn the top spot that was given to him in 2004. Somehow, I doubt he will ever get that high on the card ever again, and unless he improves 10 fold, he wont deserve to either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Chris Benoit should be wrestler of the year.He won the Rumble at the start of 2004,kept beating everyone he went up against on Raw,won the World Title at WM,made HBK tap out in his home of Edmonton in a WM rematch at Backlash,held the title until Summerslam where he lost it in a match with Orton in which he performed magnificently as usual,had his rematch against Orton the next night on Raw interrupted by Evolution(notice how he didn't get another title shot?),he then single-handedly won the tag titles off La Resistance at Taboo Tuesday!

What more can you ask for?The man is a great wrestler and without him,2004 would've been an even bigger disappointment.

When you put it like that, its hard to imagine how Randy got it at all! Added tot he above that Benoits matches were all great, beating Kane, HBK, HHH time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I would have liked Christian or Shelton to have gotten it.

Yes, but why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Hmmm. Ortan has been the most pushed wrestler last year by a mile. He was a nobody really at the start of last year and was built up and built up until he became world champion. However, Chris Benoit was the world chamption for a long time there and is the best wrestler in the world. Benoit saved Raw from the Smackdown syndrome.

Ortan has along way to go before he deserves to win something like this. A result doesnt have any credibility if people dont believe it, This is the case, nobody could honestly believe this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Chris Benoit should be wrestler of the year.He won the Rumble at the start of 2004,kept beating everyone he went up against on Raw,won the World Title at WM,made HBK tap out in his home of Edmonton in a WM rematch at Backlash,held the title until Summerslam where he lost it in a match with Orton in which he performed magnificently as usual,had his rematch against Orton the next night on Raw interrupted by Evolution(notice how he didn't get another title shot?),he then single-handedly won the tag titles off La Resistance at Taboo Tuesday!

What more can you ask for?The man is a great wrestler and without him,2004 would've been an even bigger disappointment.
    Your dead right. Surly 2004 will be remembered as Benoits year and god knows hes worked for it.

Advertisement