Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting a classpath???

Options
  • 16-02-2005 4:44pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need to set my classpath for apache tomcat but i have no idea how to go about setting a classpath??

could someone tell me how to set a classpath on windows XP please.

Nice one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

on the command line - edit startup.bat in your tomcat install - it should be in there

universally:Right click My Computer->Properties->Advanced Tab->Environment Variables
    Under system variables choose New - Name (CLASSPATH), Value - what ever you need.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

thanks i thought i should use environment variables but wasnt sure how to go about it.

Nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

Kingp35 wrote:
    I need to set my classpath for apache tomcat but i have no idea how to go about setting a classpath??

could someone tell me how to set a classpath on windows XP please.

Nice one

the recommended way is to install tomcat as a service so no classpath
    settings required.

you need jre1.5 and latest tomcat 5.5.7

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

i have both of those but not sure if i installed tomcat as a service. How do you do this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

Kingp35 wrote:
    i have both of those but not sure if i installed tomcat as a service. How do you do this??
    you need 5.5.7.exe then after you have installed jdk1.5
    simply double click the 5.5.7.exe and follow the instructions

it will install tomcat in c:\program files\apache software foundation\tomcat5.5
    you can use the tomcat5w application located in above \bin to configure the
    service

to view installed services go
    1:start button
    2:settings
    3:control panel
    4:performance and maintenace(Category View)
    5:Administrative tools
    6:services

tomcat is called "Apache Tomcat"

• Advertisement
Advertisement