Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector help needed (best for under 1000 euros)

Options
  • 16-02-2005 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi can anyone help me out with which would be a good choice of projector for under 1000 yo yo's! home cinema use and gaming on x-box :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

What's the general thinking on the Lidl model available from Thur 24th Feb.

Cal

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Cal wrote:
    What's the general thinking on the Lidl model available from Thur 24th Feb.

Cal
    Just googled it not much info unless ur fluent in german but it's a start Thanx Cal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43

If you asked here you are much more likely to get a more informed answer. There isn't a big PJ user base on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭gavnolan

i bought the targa projector from LIDL and what a purchase it was, it has a 3000hr lamp life ( on economy mode ) and it has a 5 colour wheel as opposed to some who have a 3 colour wheel, it is a DLP projector (digital light processing) all for 900 euros, well worth it...

Do you use it mostly for watching dvds with or game play? How easy was it to set up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Didnt that lidl projector only have 1000ansi ?!? and the resolution was something silly like 800*600 or smaller even. Didnt look that great for the price. 3000hours seems very good for the lamp they normally only last 2000.

I wouldnt recommend using a projector for gaming ive a fairly high end projector and while its great for movies, games make me feel sick after a while. Fun for a laugh with mates but not for long term use unless you want an epileptic attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

have to disagree Kristok. I use my xbox with a Seleco CRT projector and it's the dogs. Can play for couple hours at a time with no ill effects ... apart from wanting to shoot anything that walks in the door... that and the urge to drive really fast...

I've played all my games through my projector for extended periods with no ill effects. (except F-Zero GX that made my eyes feel very tired and started to water :D)

My mate has the same problem with his projector when playing games I dont think your suppose to play games on projectors from a health and safty point of view etc

Who cares when your playing on a 120" screen and with surround sound :D

• Advertisement

suppose so, but just saying i personally wouldnt recommend it just from personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

spuddy01 wrote:
    Hi can anyone help me out with which would be a good choice of projector for under 1000 yo yo's! home cinema use and gaming on x-box :)

Just bought me an In Focus X2 located here Only have it since Friday, but I've watched DVD's, TV and played FIFA 2005 and Half Life 2 on it. Certainly is the business, 897 Euro delivered from Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭fcukme

Is €1,000 as far as you can strech? At this price you are mainly looking a low resolution (800*600), which if my maths is right is not even wide-screen. These models of projectors are aimed at business presentations like powerpoint etc with very little movement on screen.

There are lately a new breed of real home cinema projectors. The cheapest of which is a panny model on komplett for around €1,500. I know its lcd and not dlp which might put some off but its the dogs dangles when it comes to pic quality. It's true wide -screen and high resolution.

Yeah I've been thinking that i may have to dig deeper to get something better than 800 x 600 and thanks to all the replys i now have a better knowledge of what to look for and where to look as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Try the IN Focus Screenplay 4805 just over 1400 euro from Komplett.ie
    It's a 16:9 format projector with progressive scan and seems to be the best option if movies are your main thing!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ciarancummins

you can get the EMP-TW10H Home Projector from dabs for Stg£549.99, check www.xe.com for Euro. they are pretty good at delivering to Ireland, and you can see both the Infocus Screenplay 4805 and the Epson side-by-side in Harvey Norman swords. The Epson is nearly half the price and looks really good. You can spend the rest of the 1k on a new progressive scan DVD player with component outputs and buy good component cables for better display. www.tvcables.co.uk (profigold component). You can always flog the projector and get a better one later when the top of the range ones are less than 1000 Euro...

HTH,
    Ciaran

Advertisement