Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naruto: Licenced - 15/02/2005

Options
  • 16-02-2005 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Boo!

naruto has been licenced by a nasty company in the states.

apparently it's gonna be shown on Toonami, which is good... but it also means no more fansubs (probably) :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

It's been licensed by ShoPro (Viz), which isn't bad. At least 4Kids didn't get their grubby little hands on this.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Some fansubbers will keep on doing it.

Translators of the Naruto manga seem to be put out by this because of Viz's inaccurate translations of the manga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kastraelie

*cough* *cough*

Ahem:

NOOOOOOOOO000000000000000000000000000000ooooooooooooooo!

Naruto is one of my favoritest animes out there. I don't mind paying for the DVDs, don't get me wrong--but I REALLY don't want a crappy division like Viz to be the owner of it.....

But I am really surprised it took them this long to license it--considering its runaway popularity...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Probably held out for a tidy sum so it did. I know theyll make really ****ty dubs, there will still be fansubs but ten times harder to find now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yeah, animesuki.com took Naruto off the second they heard it was licensed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

It's probably still available on animeyume.org.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Well I'm more a One Piece fan myself but I still think that it is sad for one reason, now that it has been licensed, it will take for ever for the DVDs to be released and eventually reached where the Fansubs dropped. Another thing is that in theory we, in Europe, we can't buy Region 1 dvds but no-one has yet release Naruto in the UK so what do we do then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

*hugs region free dvd player*

enough said :)

Though I certainly wont we be buying all the DVDs - **** its scary how much that woudl cost! (120 todate /4 per DVD = 30 dvds @ 30euros a dvd....900+euro)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Art_Wolf wrote:
    *hugs region free dvd player*

enough said :)

Though I certainly wont we be buying all the DVDs - **** its scary how much that woudl cost! (120 todate /4 per DVD = 30 dvds @ 30euros a dvd....900+euro)

I meant that regarding the law we shouldn't normally purchase Region 1 DVDs except by paying a big tax on it :D but don't worry no offense taken ;)

Well Naruto will just generate the same phenomena as Dragon Ball Z in the States, a 100 DVDs + 100 DVDs v.2 :D

Advertisement