Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else played this Gem

Options
  • 16-02-2005 7:08pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi!
    I love Shooters and a couple of years back had a game for the PSone called Einhander.
    It was a shooter by Squaresoft of all people and kicked ass!
    The whole thing was from a mostly sideon view however this changed depending on the scene, it had fantastic bosses and a great weapon system.
    I believe it was only ever NTSC but if anyone knows different and wants to part with it let me know!
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A few members have it here, but I don't think they'll part with it. I was asking for good 2-d games for ps 1. It was recommended along with r-type delta. I got r-type delta and havent played any of my other ps games since. I have about 15 that I havent even played once.
    Einhander is next on my list.
    Try ebay, thats where I got r-type

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I own a copy of Einhander and will never part with it. It is NTSC only. It's one of the greatest shoot'em ups ever made and its surprising that its from Squaresoft. Graphics look fantastic for the PS1. The gameplay is excellent, loads of variety in the levels and the I love the art direction with the German speaking earthlings and the waste land that earth is. Bosses are brilliant and the weapon system is great especially because of the really meaty sound effects. But the best thing was the utterly fantastic soundtrack that I still listen to to this day. A really amazing game. Praetorian doesn't like shoot'em ups (because he is crap at them) but he loved Einhander.

Edit: It even had a great story that is only beaten by Panzer Dragoon Orta in the shoot'em up genre.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Its a fine title alright, the last time i had it was during the golden age of PSone piracy, came across it you might say by accident, got rid of it together with all the other dodgy stuff when I found i wasn't playing the half of them and immediately regretted it, especially Einhander, not to mention my perfect edition of Castlevania, Symphony of the Night.
    I still weep at nights over that one.
    Allthough would gladly swap my samba de amigo with maracas for it, maybe, perhaps, or maybe not, its all so confusing!!!
    Its like another peripheral with a groovy gae that I never get to play, just like my copy of Steel Batallion, although that is a keeper!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

One other thing, Einhander may have a great soundtrack but SkullMonkeys has the best soundtrack ever!
    Especially the Bonus Round, its all a bit mad really!

Advertisement