Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wire Free House Alarms

Options
  • 16-02-2005 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me, are wire free alarms any good. I noticed some new houses aren't being pre-wired for alarms I assume on the basis that you can get a wire free alarm installed.

Do they work well.
    Do the batteries in the sensors last a decent length of time.
    What are the best brands.
    I came across a brand called Marmitek - does anyone have any experience of them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭HybridTech

Take a look at this thread:

Wireless are always more expensive as each sensor doubles as a radio transmitter, and all the expense they entail. They are also larger sensors and hard to conceal on windows/doors.

Better off going for hard-wired system. Cheaper, easier to fault find after install, in terms of is it a radio fault or a sensor fault? In these days of dry-lined walls easy to run wires and hide them. No worries about battery or battery life (excepting the panel back-up battery inthe event of a mains failure). Plus, you're not inclined to leave gaps in your perimeter, to save money.

Aritech are good.

Advertisement