Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What mobile?

Options
  • 16-02-2005 10:13pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A colleague of mine is looking to buy a new mobile, however he has very specific requirements and I was wondering if someone here can help me out.

He is a business user, looking to store more then 600 contacts in the mobile. The contacts are more then just name and number, he would have multiple numbers for each contact (mobile, home, etc.), address, email, etc. It would also need to be able to sync the contacts with MS Outlook.

He doesn't care about cameras, music etc. but bluetooth and a decent battery life would be important.

I've been looking around and I think the following mobiles might be suitable:
    Motorola MPx220
    Nokia 6630
    Nokia 6670

Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of these models and are there any other mobiles I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

If hes into business try the p900 or maybe the p910i.
    Pda/phone in one.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yes, the P900/P910i would be ideal, but I think it is more phone then he needs. I think he doesn't like the size and the price tag.
    Barrie wrote:
    If hes into business try the p900 or maybe the p910i.
    Pda/phone in one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

bk wrote:
    Yes, the P900/P910i would be ideal, but I think it is more phone then he needs. I think he doesn't like the size and the price tag.
    you should be able to pick him up one here, on the FS Mobiles section for around €350-€500

Eventhough there old a nokia 7650/3650 does the job.They have the email function and stores alot of contacts.And you can sync with the handset manager.Its just a suggestion you could pick them up in fs mobiles for roughly 100eur.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

I'd recommend one of the smartphones based on windows mobile 2003.

• Advertisement

bk wrote:

Well if he's looking at the mpx220,6670 and the 6630 id say a p910i is not out of reach :)

mpx220

And the p900

Theres mostly round the same price.

Advertisement