Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which mobile to get?

Options
  • 16-02-2005 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking around for a pre-paid mobile. Not Meteor, and hopefully not Vodafone. Preferablly o2, as I've heard they're good (also I've used Vodafone & Meteor before & I don't like their service).

The things I'm looking for are;
    • Upgradable memory (so I can put 512MB, 1GB, etc into it).
    • Colour screen (for games & pictures, etc)
    • Bluetooth.
    • One of those flip-open ones would be nice, as my current Nokia keeps unlocking itself :(

I was going to get the 7200, but it has a fixed memory of 4MB's, which is way to small an amount.

Any help would be nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Well 02 dont seem to have a a great selection on mobiles that match your needs.So i suppose simfree would be your best bet.

Maybe a nokia 6260

Or Maybe a sharp gx30i

The only flip-phones I know of which contain removable memory are the Nokia 6260 and the Motorola V635 (which hasn't been released yet).

I think the Nokia 6230 would probably be your best bet otherwise. The 6630 can't be unlocked yet so you'd be stuck with VF if you got it. You'll have to get it SIM-free though. The only phone I know of with removable memory on prepaid is the Meteor 6230.

Just one note about O2, they are excellent but very expensive. Especially if you need to call Vodafone or Meteor numbers. Meteor are pants though, was with them for a few months and they sickened me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Maybe id say the 6230 or the 6260 is your best bet.Theres a few online sites that are somewhat cheaper than store prices.Fish4fones
    M-phone

They have a good range and considered cheap.

Advertisement