Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Websters

not a big fan of that gordon chap. i dont like it when my friends bitch about eachother and it's VERY unproffesional to hear a tattoo artist bitch about his competitors, and from what I can see, he doesn't have a lot to gloat about...

can I ask how much you were charged for that tattoo mate? im glad your happy with it by the way,at the end of the day thats all that matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Sweenox wrote: »
    This isnt my tattoo but said Id put it up. Its the winner from the 'large black and grey' section of the Liverpool tattoo convention,looks AMAZIN in person. 1889042899a10994059335o.jpg

i dont like that at all:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

While you may not like the design, It is a very well done tattoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tallula

While you may not like the design, It is a very well done tattoo
    i agree,i'm not a fan of body suits anyway but up close the detail in that is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That's unbelievable work! Absolutely fantastic looking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Murts-Rig

Prince Albert! Oh Yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ChaoticBliss

I am such a sucker for tattoos and piercings. I have a total of 7, but only a picture of one. I will get pics up and put them in my profile album ASAP. But this was like my 5 tattoo, if I am not mistaken.
    1zlujqw.jpg

Is that a vertical Labret? Looks nicely settled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Zongo

Hey Everyone,
    I wanted to post a pic of my first tattoo that I picked up on a trip over to Ireland last month. I've had the idea for about 10 years, and wanted to thank everyone on here for the informative posts that helped me pick a shop and eased any fears I had. The knotwork was taken from gravestones in Kilkenny and Tipperary (where my family is from) and Mick at Stigmata-Tau worked up the final design and did all the work.

Thanks,
    -Ed (South Boston, MA, USA)

cross_tattoo-fresh2.jpgcross_tattoo-healed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Zongo wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,
    I wanted to post a pic of my first tattoo that I picked up on a trip over to Ireland last month. I've had the idea for about 10 years, and wanted to thank everyone on here for the informative posts that helped me pick a shop and eased any fears I had. The knotwork was taken from gravestones in Kilkenny and Tipperary (where my family is from) and Mick at Stigmata-Tau worked up the final design and did all the work.

Thanks,

I like it a lot man/not man(:rolleyes:) It's unlike most crosses I've seen, very deferent and very well done.

Glad our madness could help!
    (I'm drunk, so that took so long to type out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

Zongo wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks,

nice one ed. just got a similar one on my forearm back in october. its similar, but different. here is the pic of mine. im living in ireland, but originally from phila, pa. have you been in boston all your life?

tattoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ooh, i quite like the inclusion of the harp there.

and love the colouring/style of yours, zongo. some nice artwork lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

ooh, i quite like the inclusion of the harp there.

and love the colouring/style of yours, zongo. some nice artwork lads :)

cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ChaoticBliss

Is that a vertical Labret? Looks nicely settled!

Thanks! Yeah, I had to take it out pretty recently, because of jobs, but oh well. Soon enough I will have it done again.

I also have had my snakebites, my "cheeks" pierced, horizontally under both my eyes, nose, tongue, and I think that it is. haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Daragh101 wrote: »
    1889042899a10994059335o.jpg
    i dont like that at all:(

Considering you like the tribal monstrosity a few pages back and don't like this I'd have to question your taste. This won best large black & grey at the Krakow convention, really nice piece.

Considering you like the tribal monstrosity a few pages back and don't like this I'd have to question your taste. This won best large black & grey at the Krakow convention, really nice piece.

That's the thing about peoples tastes, they are different. If we all liked the same things, then it would be a very boring world, and we'd all be walking round with the same tattoos, listening to the same music, eating the same things.

Questioning someones taste because they like something you don't or don't like something that you do is not on tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Considering you like the tribal monstrosity a few pages back and don't like this I'd have to question your taste.

Different people like different things, get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Mina Loy

...This is my first by Walt in Classic Ink..it's a masonic-esque symbol from Smashing Pumpkins MCIS album booklet, the X.Y.U keys..I wanted it since I was 10...at 18 I forced myself to wait 2 more years, then got it :) I love it, also..its kinda cool because the only people who know who it is actually come up and say it to me and I've made a couple of friends that way lol :)
    2341177036a7093093443l.jpg

Second was started on 15th May (my birthday) by Jani in Zulu. My mother died two years ago and I wanted something to symbolise her and our relationship. I picked the Cherry Blossom becuase it was a tree that stood in our old house before she she sold it when I went to college and she entered a hospice/moved near my sister. I loved the tree and so did she, one of the few things we could agree on lol. It also symbolises all that is fragile and ephemeral in Japanese Art. i also didn't want to get 'Mother' emblazoned accross me, I think that is less personal some how than imagery, but thats just my opinion :) I am a fan of woodblock prints, originally I wanted it more like this, then I figured it would look a bit less natural than the way Jani did it. I love it..photos are bad at the mo as they were taken with webcam. The colour is amazing :D It took two sessions and got the last on Tuesday ^_^
    2341177036a11001630280l.jpgfresh ow..lots of people tried to talk me out of getting a background , I didn;t want it initially either myself but I put my trust in the artist and I think it looks much better with the background:)
    2341177036a11057386676l.jpg

I'll post better pics when it's healed !

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

that's gorgeous, it looks just like a waterpaint!

That's the thing about peoples tastes, they are different. If we all liked the same things, then it would be a very boring world, and we'd all be walking round with the same tattoos, listening to the same music, eating the same things.

Questioning someones taste because they like something you don't or don't like something that you do is not on tbh...

It's not really about taste as much as liking something that's got blown lines and is faded and then seeing something that 2 panels of judges consisting of tattoo magazine editors and respected tattoo artists considered to be the best large black & grey tattoo at a convention and not liking it at all. Whatever, I guess people are entitled to bad taste as well as good thats what keeps tattoo shops in business doing stereotypical tribal, stars and old english. Maybe I'm just fussy but the only pieces I've considered remotely good for the last few pages have been the neo-trad stuff on xNiamhx and the above black & grey bodysuit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Mina Loy

that's gorgeous, it looks just like a waterpaint!

Thanks, it looked honestly like someone painted on me without the background.. its is a bit out on its own though so eventually it'll be a sleeve..I was thinking of getting it carried around my arm, more branches/different size flowers etc!

It's not really about taste as much as liking something that's got blown lines and is faded...
    Again, a matter of your taste versus someone elses taste. I think the tribal style piece in question was meant to look the way it did, like it was old stone pieces. The tribal to the right of it though looks a little patchy/faded alright if you meant that one.
    ...Maybe I'm just fussy but the only pieces I've considered remotely good for the last few pages have been the neo-trad stuff on xNiamhx and the above black & grey bodysuit.

That's quite normal, the more you get into something, the more focused or niche your own likes tend to become. However you can't just say that someones opinion is invalid simply because they do not like something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Enid

Just wanted to pop up my Enid i got coloured a couple of weeks ago. Jani in Zulu did it. He's such a dude :)

However you can't just say that someones opinion is invalid simply because they do not like something.

That's fair enough but what I'm saying is from a technical point of view the one he said was a really nice tattoo was very poorly executed regardless of style. The black & grey bodysuit while not something I'd want on my own body was for the most part very well executed.

Lately I've been finding myself quite frustrated at the fact that the few artists in this country capable of nice custom work aren't getting it and due to this a lot of them are leaving. We have people leaving this country and being booked up for 3 months solid in England doing their own custom work. There's great artists both tattoo and other mediums in this country and as a whole were an artistic nation with a great culture and appreciation of art it's **** that this isn't reflected in Irish tattooing. We're losing our talent over this and it's sad to see.

5909077037a11076653332l.jpg

Yes the outlines are supposed to be thick like old school tattoo's nefore ye lot say it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

Yes the outlines are supposed to be thick like old school tattoo's nefore ye lot say it :P

I like it. The heavy lines are cool (thats just my OPINION)

Looks funky mate! :)
    Where did you get it done? And where on yourself? Can't tell if it's back of neck or very hairy chest :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

VANILLA GORILLA!! I knew it and now we have proof

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Like it, Ray.
    I hope to god it's your neck though, bloody hell!:eek:
    hahaha

• Advertisement

lol no sher my biohazzard is on my neck! it's on my chest!! Hairy chest indeed!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement