Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

DSC00425.jpg

first tattoo love it :D:D:D:D:D cost me 130 and zula tattoos ill defo be back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

How long did it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

half an hour 45 minutes

there was alot of ink used and its quite big 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

hellrazer thats fupping awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

but1er wrote: »
    half an hour 45 minutes

So €130 for less than 45 minutes? Holy shiiiiiiiiiiit!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

So €130 for less than 45 minutes? Holy shiiiiiiiiiiit!!!

Holy **** is right.I paid 250 for mine and sat there for almost 5 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Heres my new one.

Tis pants, doesn't even look like a real skull imo, someone rightly screwed you over mate :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thought you were in Greece checking out if they really did invent gayness??

This will answer your question (not really but it's cool)

hippoSPL0706_468x297.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

but1er wrote: »
    half an hour 45 minutes

Thats a high basic hourly rate to be sure.

Should of gone to mondos :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Here's my new one. Wanted it to looked carved out. It is straighter than the pic (if I stand up straight!)
    th_Tattoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

That's savage looking. Where'd you get it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Draconian Tattoo, Aberdeen. Quite happy with it. I'll throw up another pic in a few weeks when its healed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Websters

The portraits are very poorly done. Why are they in stars?

agreed, look like cartoons from the funday times or dilbert maybe,dont know what its reminding me of,certainly not the war of independence but whatever your into

Try not to slag off other peoples tattoos or piercings. Constructive criticism is ok, but anything derogatory is not acceptable.

Cmon lads.If the wearer is happy with their ink then so be it so can we drop the slagging now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

It was posted on a public forum and is open to opinions from that. People have as much of a right to dislike it as like it. I personally think it's poorly executed and perhaps if certain tattoo artists get a series of bad reviews people will think twice about going to them. I also don't remember many objections being raised to people absolutely slating Davey180's Last Supper disaster. You can't pick and choose when criticism is acceptable.

. You can't pick and choose when criticism is acceptable.

Actually in all fairness the problem with "The last supper" was that it was claimed that a well known world renowned artist had done the piece which was totally untrue and thats how it got so much stick.

As for picking and choosing critcism Im not.In the charter its says constructive criticism is ok but saying someones tattoo looks like a cartoon is not constructive.

My comment wasnt even directed at you Truthinwords it was directed at Websters.

I'm very aware that this place is very very afraid of litigation from studios but when all is said and done the board shouldn't have to be responsible for the views of individuals. This place could do with a healthy dose of criticism, there's so many people posting there 5 little stars and getting replys of "amazing" and so on which is stupid. If you saw 5 stars on a canvas would you be impressed? There's a lot of crap tribal with blown out lines and faded shading. There are more and more crap shops springing up in small towns and as the work gets worse nobody here is allowed say that it's crap. I post on the Skindeep magazine forums (http://www.skindeep.co.uk/forums/) also and I believe although sometimes it's very cliquey it's got the right idea about calling a spade a spade. This thread in particular really opened my eyes to some quality work, http://www.skindeep.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4838&page=611 people post tattoos that have impressed them and theres a bit of debate.

Also all this thank you carry on is just an excuse for some shameless arse licking.

Fair play to you for that Truthinwords.As for the reasons why we dont allow the whole "Thats sh1t" etc Its nothing to do with litigation.We have that rule in place so the thread doesnt descend into a flame war.Thats all--It is as simple as that.

Personally I post on a load of Tattoo sites and have posted my own work there--some of which are really not the best Ive done and I agree that criticism can be an eye opener.Some of that criticism can help with a struggling scratcher :)

Btw some of that work on that thread is amazing.

I have some **** work and friends have politely told me so. It's very easy to take a really biased view of your own work. I'm investing in some laser and hopefully booking in with Jurgen Eckel from Times of Grace in Germany, someone who's work I know I will never regret having on me. If you look on that thread there's about 3 pages taken up by people arguing over whether boog is **** or not and people spoke their mind.

• Advertisement

The thread title is "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours" it's a mutual thing where we don't want people to be afraid to post their tattoos. It gives the forum and it's contributors a sense of belonging in ways and has a varying degree of quality.

This isn't a "rate my tattoo" thread, it's just a place for people to post what they have had tattooed onto them and want to show it off. Whether it's a small kanji symbol done in some back street or a huge japanese back piece done by a master, the person who posts in here is proud and more importantly happy with what they have had done.

Criticism is good, very good but it's not what this thread is about, this thread is about sharing your tattoo no matter how sh¡t or awesome it is.

It might be an ideological approach but I'm a moderator here and can enforce it.

When an awesome tattoo is posted it gets "thanks" and people will usually comment on it, when a not so well done tattoo is posted it is glossed over.

If you want you can start a thread where people rate your tattoo or criticise it, or lavish praise on it and the artist.

But for the moment it's staying as it is.

wasn't trying to flame....just that Padraig Pearse looks a bit like Dilbert ...wont happen again...

Comments like that don't help at all.

you see that shouldn't need moderation or even comment, this is a forum, it should be like sitting in a room with people, not like being at church. That is quite simply my opinion,id like to know who did the work and where. Also political tattoos are a much brasher statement then anything I could ever say about the actual work being done.fact

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm always amazed at how some people seem to have mastered the art of typing without ever having learned to read...

Websters wrote: »
    you see that shouldn't need moderation or even comment, this is a forum, it should be like sitting in a room with people, not like being at church. That is quite simply my opinion,id like to know who did the work and where. Also political tattoos are a much brasher statement then anything I could ever say about the actual work being done.fact

I believe it does, since you were deliberately setting out to offend someone.

Back on topic please folks and if you've nothing good to say about someone or their ink then keep it to yourself.

call it offensive call it an observation, but you've gotta be blind not to... ok enjoy babysitting your self gratification thread so or whatever it is your trying to say it should be. skip the nasty and only compliment the tasty? I thought you said this thread was about constructive criticism? whatever dudes

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No the thread is not about any kind of criticism, it's about people showing what they have got done.

So let us stare blankly into the abyss of body art, just don't open your mouth?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    In the charter its says constructive criticism is ok.

Does the charter not apply to this thread? Also this is a public forum, open to the public's opinion be that positive or negative, nobody is forcing anyone to post their tattoo in this thread. Anyone who posts in this must at least think their tattoo is decent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement