Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Websters wrote: »
    So let us stare blankly into the abyss of body art, just don't open your mouth?:rolleyes:

Please do everybody a favour and read Wills post again where he says feel free to start a thread for rating and discussing tatoos if you want to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

call it offensive call it an observation, but I thought you said this thread was about constructive criticism? whatever dudes

Okay excuse me if im blind to it , but where your "constructive criticism here"
    agreed, look like cartoons from the funday times or dilbert maybe,dont know what its reminding me of,certainly not the war of independence but whatever your into

please !! i cant see any !

back on topic... im looking at birdies to finish my back piece:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Websters

That is because your emo :) /pet

also, it is constructive, but it's only your perception that's causing the problem here. You could quite easily have said... "it looks nothing like dilbert" , but instead you turn to me and ask me to be quiet for perhaps stating the obvious. I think if it looked, LESS like dilbert, and MORE like Padriag Pearse then perhaps we wouldn't be throwing handbags at eachother over something that someone else got tattoo'd onto their body, which was their choice,and not yours. :)\

fact, if someone approaches me, no matter where I am, in life or on the internet, rolls up their sleeve and says "look what I did", your basically asking me not to give my opinion. I have to stand their and put my thumb in my mouth like a good boards user. It's absurd and childish, so excuse me for acting like one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They probably like it, and want to show it. They're not looking for people to slag them off because their tattoo is not to their liking. If you want to slag people off or bully people, we have the thunderdome forum.

also, it is constructive, but it's only your perception that's causing the problem here. You could quite easily have said... "it looks nothing like dilbert" , but instead you turn to me and ask me to be quiet for perhaps stating the obvious. I think if it looked, LESS like dilbert, and MORE like Padriag Pearse then perhaps we wouldn't be throwing handbags at eachother over something that someone else got tattoo'd onto their body, which was their choice,and not yours. :)\

fact, if someone approaches me, no matter where I am, in life or on the internet, rolls up their sleeve and says "look what I did", your basically asking me not to give my opinion. I have to stand their and put my thumb in my mouth like a good boards user. It's absurd and childish, so excuse me for acting like one.
    why dont you start a rate my tattoo theard then, like everyone keeps telling you , and ill glady put up my tattoos , so you " experts" can give constructive criticism on them :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

They probably like it, and want to show it. They're not looking for people to slag them off because their tattoo is not to their liking. If you want to slag people off or bully people, we have the thunderdome forum.

So now I'm "bullying" a clearly,fully grown man with his own mind and mouth and ability to do as he pleases such as post up here? No, I'm not going to play in crèche with all the other kids who are a little mouthy. I'm staying right here, and if something is posted and I don't like it and see something very clearly wrong with it, then I, as the honest individual I am,unwilling to be censored, am going to give my opinion on it. For christ sake the man has a tattoo on his back which in part is declaring free speech for irishmen in this country over 80 years ago, he's making the statement, I'm just point out a typo

and Emo!! don't try and get all "holier than thou" with me or take a bullet for the big guy with the bad tats, he can defend himself I'm sure, his python sized arms tell me that much at least.

One more buls***ty comment trying to push the rules and you will find yourself getting a two week ban.

You want a rate my tattoo thread, then go ahead and start one. Otherwise, drop it and drop it now.

The rules? Let's hear what one I'm "pushing"

The rules? Let's hear what one I'm "pushing"

Read this, because you obviously haven't done so already.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055471730
    You should be able to figure it out from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Internet power plays are hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

fact, if someone approaches me, no matter where I am, in life or on the internet, rolls up their sleeve and says "look what I did", your basically asking me not to give my opinion..

thats not what's happening. In this case, you are approaching a bunch of people having a conversation, and are looking to join in. If you want to join in, abide by the rules.

Power plays?
    The moderators are just here to keep the peace and to clean up messes.
    It's not a 'power' thing.

It is when he hasn't really broken any rules. It's especially funny when you set the rules and they are inline with everyone on heres inability to criticise crap tattoos. People should strive for better, I know citing skindeep forums as an example of this done better probably won't sway too many people but there was a guy there who posted a **** tattoo he'd gotten and people replied saying it was ****, he took it on board asked for advice and ended up going to a really great tattooer who was closer to him, cheaper and gave him a great sleeve including a cover up of the crap tattoo. If I still liked the same stuff I liked when I started getting tattooed I'd be covered in some awful ****e too.

That's fair enough when people are looking for that kind of feedback.

It is when he hasn't really broken any rules. It's especially funny when you set the rules and they are inline with everyone on heres inability to criticise crap tattoos. People should strive for better, I know citing skindeep forums as an example of this done better probably won't sway too many people but there was a guy there who posted a **** tattoo he'd gotten and people replied saying it was ****, he took it on board asked for advice and ended up going to a really great tattooer who was closer to him, cheaper and gave him a great sleeve including a cover up of the crap tattoo. If I still liked the same stuff I liked when I started getting tattooed I'd be covered in some awful ****e too.
    ahhh its like banging yer head against the wall!!!

i havent seen one piece of good advise, come from you to at all , saying a face looks like dilbert, isnt going to help him in getting a better tattoo is it?

this used to be such a happy thread

Oh yeah I forgot, what people are looking for here are opinions but only positive ones. If you like it rave on about it, if not shut up. Does that not sound even mildly facist to you?

emo!! wrote: »
    this used to be such a happy thread

Of course it was happy, you weren't allowed express any other sentiment.

your user name describes as much as I care to express here, and I won't bite my tongue for bad work, especially with political roots. Portraits are very important, we've all seen disaster pieces where the picture and the tattoo are worlds apart, this is no exception to that. the world laughed at this guy: tattoo_fail.jpg

now if he posted up here with that would we all just skip blindly over it? perhaps, but that would be downright tragic.... anyway im bored of this as I'm sure everyone else is

Oh yeah I forgot, what people are looking for here are opinions but only positive ones. If you like it rave on about it, if not shut up. Does that not sound even mildly facist to you?
    this is a ill show you mine thread.... like it was said before start a rate my tattoo thread... two completly different things

people post up there tattoos here, cause they're happy about them, same way people start thread asking for help on **** tattoos... you got you realise people take things to heart, you dont need to be so cruel about it

edit

also saying A.) " his face looks a bit like dilbert "

and b)." i think maybe if you got a bit more shading here etc it will help"

are completly different types of feedback , example A.) just being pure ignorant imo

Enjoying your "power play"? Fight the power why don't you?
    You do know that arguing on threads about moderator decisions is one of the things that is not allowed by the boards wide rules?
    Will and myself have both said if you want a thread where it's 'rating' peoples tattoos one way or the other, start one. Otherwise, drop it.

Next person to continue 'fighting the power' will be banned, end of story. The mods are here voluntarily to help keep this site running well and smoothly, not to put up with **** from people that don't like that the site has rules.

• Advertisement

yes sir! all done now aren't we truth. no more posts after this about anything but good. I'm serious now. I'm sorry to everyone offended.

I haven't been cruel, I just call a spade a spade. It's not judgement on the individual more so on the artist. Especially if you consider that people have paid significant amounts for these badly done tattoos.

yes sir! all done now aren't we truth. no more posts after this about anything but good. I'm serious now. I'm sorry to everyone offended.

Banned for two weeks. Have fun now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Will wrote: »
    The thread title is "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours" it's a mutual thing where we don't want people to be afraid to post their tattoos. It gives the forum and it's contributors a sense of belonging in ways and has a varying degree of quality.

This isn't a "rate my tattoo" thread, it's just a place for people to post what they have had tattooed onto them and want to show it off. Whether it's a small kanji symbol done in some back street or a huge japanese back piece done by a master, the person who posts in here is proud and more importantly happy with what they have had done.

Criticism is good, very good but it's not what this thread is about, this thread is about sharing your tattoo no matter how sh¡t or awesome it is.

It might be an ideological approach but I'm a moderator here and can enforce it.

When an awesome tattoo is posted it gets "thanks" and people will usually comment on it, when a not so well done tattoo is posted it is glossed over.

If you want you can start a thread where people rate your tattoo or criticise it, or lavish praise on it and the artist.

But for the moment it's staying as it is.

I'm quoting this again as people are trying to gloss over the fact that this thread is about sharing your tattoos and NOT looking for criticisms.

There are threads all over boards similar to this one, "know your nerds" in after hours one of the most prominent. No one goes on there and tells someone they're ugly when they post a picture. Similar thread in the ladies lounge also, chat was allowed there but caused some hassle. I don't want this thread to go the same way.

If you are intent on hurting and belittling people's tattoos, and ignoring our requests start your own thread where people can post their own tattoos for scrutiny. If that doesn't satisfy your need, take it to the helpdesk and complain to the admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I for one am in no way offended that someone dislikes my tattoos. I've dealt with a lot in my life, but if I was to get bent out of shape at something so trivial, then my life would have been a lot rougher than it already has been.
    I'm happy with my tats (most of them anyway) and the ones on my back are especially meaningful and they have had an overwelmingly positive response from those that have seen them. (maybe that is due to the type of people that usually see them though) But if 2 lads on an internet forum don't like them, that's cool. I'll get over it. My own mother hates them more than those guys ever will.
    But cheap jibes at someone elses work says more about you than it does about me or the artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Less chat, more tat FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

i havent been on in awhile, i love the sugar skull. the eye is unique(i dont think i have ever seen one before) and the colours are very nice. i was kinda surprised because purple and pink would not be my first choices but it really works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Jeesh, you go away from the t&p forum for 4 days and this is what you come back to!

Anyway, love the sugar skull Hellrazer, it's amazing! Very unique!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

a few shots of my arm

2796_69998349062_708009062_1696565_7522111_n.jpg

2796_69998359062_708009062_1696566_3522976_n.jpg

2796_69998364062_708009062_1696567_1199294_n.jpg

2796_68273589062_708009062_1674309_2493483_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,914 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That's a really lovely tattoo :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement