Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Will have pics later when I clean up my leg :pac:

Pawel in snakebite today. 5 hours. Leg is swollen and sore. I think I sat well.

The pics don't do it justice, it's my crappy webcam. There are 4 or 5 shades of green in it. He did a super job. Wondering if Damo could snap a few pics if he is free this week. Going in again next Saturday to get it finished.

Just out of shower and after applying bepanthen so it's a bit shiny. Again my pics don't do it justice. Couldn't be happier with what he has done.

Yellows and oranges are going in the background seemingly, with some sort of fire ball type yolk also. I just let him do whatever he wants and tbh I think it's the best way to go if you want top work. They are artists after all.

Anywho, apart from all that it stings like hell and I'm very swollen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Will wrote: »
    Yellows and oranges are going in the background seemingly, with some sort of fire ball type yolk also. I just let him do whatever he wants and tbh I think it's the best way to go if you want top work. They are artists after all.

Anywho, apart from all that it stings like hell and I'm very swollen :)

I think I might have interrupted you today. About 2pmish? Came in to talk to one of the lads about a tatt. Seen the back of what I presume was you getting tattooed on the bench by Pawel.

I was there all day so was me then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

After years of procastinating, pondering, himming&hawing I decided it was time.
    (Usual disclaimers for quality of photos) :o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Some better quality pics; Hard to take pics of your own leg. You can see the different shades of greens and purple/plum Pawel used though, and the 3-D

OldGoat wrote: »

That's brilliant that you got pics up. Nice tattoo, quite simple and well done. You happy with it Old Goat? :)

It does somewhat like a scar, which is what you were aiming for. Hope you are thrilled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Happy enough with it Will. I'll give it a while but I think I'll be going back to get it inked over again to try and get it whiter.
    So now acording to the tattooist, apparently I'm 'One of us and not one of them'. Makes me feel Special. :rolleyes:
    Nice work on yer leg by the way.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Yeah, welcome to the fold ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

He did a really great job on your leg will., the shading is brilliant!! Pretty colors!:p

• Advertisement

seemingly it's not shading just intense colouring. Was a bit confused by that myself :-/ maybe hot2def will clarify if/when she see's this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

now im confused:pac:

I will ask him when at the next session to try explain it :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Great colours Will, I'd love some more purples in mine! Can't wait to see it when it's all done :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Will - looks awesome mate! Just gimmie a shout when you want me to take some pics, am working to 4 this week, so any day other than Tuesday suits me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Savage Will--Cant wait to see the finished piece.

i've gone through a tube of bepanthen already and only been 2 days :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

i've gone through a tube of bepanthen already and only been 2 days :(

Fook the Bepanthen and try my method.

Antibacterial soap 3 times a day with hot water(the hottest you can stand) and nothing else except mild moisturiser.Keeps the colours brighter and less scabbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Fook the Bepanthen and try my method.

Antibacterial soap 3 times a day with hot water(the hottest you can stand) and nothing else except mild moisturiser.Keeps the colours brighter and less scabbing.

i found when i used bepanthen, my tattoos didn't scab at all!!

very nice will, it'll be good to see a proper picture of it when it's all healed and lovely!

I'm gonna stick with bepanthen, last time i used it there was no scabbing at all, just gotta keep it well moisturised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

i usually stick with my tattoo wax, got some in san francisco and some in g's tattoo in galway, works great!

I use the anti-bacterial liquid soap wash AND bepanthen at least 3 times a day (when the tattoo is new)

Will a whole tube in 2 days sounds like a hell of a lot :o I know I got the big tube, and didn't go through even half of it healing mine up!

yeah i know but it's half of my entire leg too, i apply it anytime it gets dry

yeah i know but it's half of my entire leg too, i apply it anytime it gets dry

Thats a bit too often even for Bep tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Thats a bit too often even for Bep tbh.

Yeah i find when apply too much too often it takes longer to heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

Have been ignoring this thread out of jealousy...want more ink but promised myself nothing until November :(

Guys they are all looking FAB!!!!! Moar pics plz!!!! Thx...:D

Sorry, forgot to comment on yours OldGoat!
    I like it, looks well. You'll find that the white will look whiter after it's had some healing time, so give it a little while to heal up, then see how it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ger_dublin

Zongo wrote: »

cross_tattoo-fresh2.jpgcross_tattoo-healed.jpg

hi everybody, my first time posting here!! lookin at gettin my second tattoo and want to get a cross in the centre top of my back. the one above is the closest ive come across that i like. prefer the curved edges compared to sharp corners in crosses and thinking of gettin an inscription inside of the circle. love the grey faded look to this one too compared to pure black.

any opinions are suggestions would be great!!

cheers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

That's rapid, is it meant to look like satan or just a plain goat? reminds me a bit of nemesis too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

Bambi wrote: »
    That's rapid, is it meant to look like satan or just a plain goat? reminds me a bit of nemesis too..

It's Zurg from Toy story 2...

Looks cool oldgoat...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement