Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Been lurking around here for a while and thought it was bout time I put up some pictures of my tattoos (that an I just treated myself to a new camera!). Anyway here they all are,

Link to my flickr where hopefully I have put them all up!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46660387@N07/sets/72157623105475049/

Hope that has worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

krystel wrote: »
    my right sleeve by Jeff Gogue (USA) and my left sleev by Cedric, Forever Tattoo (France). both work in progress but yeah, i just *love* them :D

Amazing ink! Love the right arm especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

joey100 wrote: »
    Been lurking around here for a while and thought it was bout time I put up some pictures of my tattoos (that an I just treated myself to a new camera!). Anyway here they all are,

Hope that has worked!

Savage Koi,really simple,love it,80% of Koi taats i don't like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Cheers gav, was done by Darren in colour works. Just went to him with idea of japanese sleeve and told him that i didnt want geisha's, masks or dragons as part of it. Rest was up to him, but did say i liked the style of yellow blaze tattoos. He drew most of it freehand and am very happy with the result. Still bit left to do on inside of arm but will leave that until i get more money!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Eadaoin_

Gorgeous Tatts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

joey100 wrote: »

Hope that has worked!

I like both sleeves, they're both very well done by the looks of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Eadaoin_

Swallow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Eadaoin_ wrote: »
    Swallow.jpg

Can't make that tattoo out properly??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's a Swallow (?) with ribbon in it's mouth and trailing behind. I think :o

Very nice anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

gavkm27 wrote: »

dsc00287desktopresoluti.jpg

Really nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Pugmister

Heres mine, have had more added to my back since but no photos at the moment

[IMG][/img]036.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Pugmister wrote: »
    Heres mine, have had more added to my back since but no photos at the moment

Padre Pio is some legend. Me mother has a pic of him in her car, supposedly it helps her find her car in a big parking lot.
    Tattoo is done good man. Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Websters

DSCF3661.jpg
    got it done last tuesday by Gordon in G's tattoo on prospect hill,galway. loving it! getting it finished, just shaded in black and grey next tuesday in g's new shop on shop street. (they took over metalworks, new ownership!) :D

Why the hell would you look at my tattoo from last may,even ask me some questions and thank me on the post(http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59954516&postcount=3088), then go and just get it done? <snip> That's pretty ****in invasive right there. seriously mate, i asked vicky what she thought about me getting it done and could i change the flower etc, I sent her a picture and we were both more than happy with the finished piece and she's happy to put her name to it. It just strikes me as damn weird you would see something on the forums in the same country and city that you live and blatantly copy it then post it back up in the same place? I'm a bit angry and bit more freaked out.

Let this be a lesson to anyone posting pictures of their artwork and tattoos up here. I know I wont be doing it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Websters wrote: »
    Why the hell would you look at my tattoo from last may,even ask me some questions and thank me on the post(http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59954516&postcount=3088), then go and just get it done? <snip> That's pretty ****in invasive right there. seriously mate, i asked vicky what she thought about me getting it done and could i change the flower etc, I sent her a picture and we were both more than happy with the finished piece and she's happy to put her name to it. It just strikes me as damn weird you would see something on the forums in the same country and city that you live and blatantly copy it then post it back up in the same place? I'm a bit angry and bit more freaked out.

Let this be a lesson to anyone posting pictures of their artwork and tattoos up here. I know I wont be doing it anymore.

Ouch... =/

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

That is a seriously bent thing to do!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I know that you individualised the design to suit you (I'd actually really like to see the finished product on you!) but to be fair the design is on the original artists myspace site for all to see and unfortunately, all to steal and get tattood on them. It's a risk when getting artwork from someone that publishes on the internet.

O_o

That really sucks. :(

Unfortunately, as Jenizzle said, it is something that can and (more than likely will) happen when your tattoo is based on a design that is freely available on the internet. Still, can only imagine how annoying it must be.

I'd discussed my tattoo design ideas with someone I knew before, and they went out and got pretty much exactly what I'd described, but said it wasn't going to be the same, as they got little characters on either side of it, so it wasn't copying my idea. -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

This is why I don't put pics of my new stuff up any more.

I put up a couple of pieces previously (popular enough designs) but the custom stuff I designed myself is staying offline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Websters

yeah sorry it seemed like a bit of a rant,but i had a history with that picture it actually meant something to me, be it posted on myspace or not. I was just so stunned and kinda gutted to see it up here (<snip>) i wonder where he pulled the picture from, was it straight from my photo? :/

all points taken, at the end of the day it was posted publically, i just found it so strange to comment on it and follow through several months later to actually getting it done. if he liked the style that i could understand but she has so much other stuff up there no. even derek noble shares the same style he could have copied some of that. still gutted, but accepting defeat and the errors of my ways. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

think we've all learned a lesson here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

I hope nobody copies my Koi:eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

yeah sorry it seemed like a bit of a rant,but i had a history with that picture it actually meant something to me, be it posted on myspace or not. I was just so stunned and kinda gutted to see it up here (<snip>) i wonder where he pulled the picture from, was it straight from my photo? :/

all points taken, at the end of the day it was posted publically, i just found it so strange to comment on it and follow through several months later to actually getting it done. if he liked the style that i could understand but she has so much other stuff up there no. even derek noble shares the same style he could have copied some of that. still gutted, but accepting defeat and the errors of my ways. :(

If it makes any odds I had a search back there for your original post - turns out I thanked it at the time, amazing tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

Erk Webster, bad situation indeed. Sorry you had it happen tbh :(

I'd like to think it won't discourage people from sharing their pieces on here though.

The majority of people here come in to ogle other people's stuff without ever wanting to take it for themselves. I hope we can all see this kind of thing as an exception rather than the rule!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Fairly ****ty thing to happen if true.

Websters I understand your annoyance, and I sympathise, but please refrain from slagging the other posters tattoo off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

although they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I was thinking of getting a Koi Dragon along my ribs for my 1st, thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

from experience... ribs is not the most pleasant place to get a tattoo!!

now saying that my next one will be my other ribs but as a first ud wanna be pretty ballsy imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

im getting this on my leg chandra-tiki.jpg could it be done in colour because i would love it to be :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭zero86r

No reason why it wouldn't be able to be done in colour really, would look pretty cool!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement