Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

miss enzo wrote: »
    from experience... ribs is not the most pleasant place to get a tattoo!!

now saying that my next one will be my other ribs but as a first ud wanna be pretty ballsy imo!
    I'm really dead set on the ribs...sure no pain no gain!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

Really nice piece hitlersson!

Think the right colours would be amazing on it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Well you have 2 years to think it over anyway!

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Well you have 2 years to think it over anyway!
    Yeah I know, my brother said on my 18th he'll buy it for me so we'll see by then!
    I love old Japanese stuff its so cool

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

my latest one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

agreed!! its totally worth it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Doogieboogie

I was thinking of getting a Koi Dragon along my ribs for my 1st, thoughts?

I have exactly that!

Hurts like a bitch, I have to say, but looks impressive when it's done. I have a pic of mine somewhere.... *rummages around laptop*.... there you are!

DSCN0098-1.jpg

Pics a bit big, sorry. It isn't a squashed looking as that, just a strange photo...unfortunately, the width of my belly is the same, can't blame the camera for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

^ ^ ^ Beautiful! :)

Thank you!! I love it - it gets a lot of conversations started (got a great one up on a lad at Electric Picnic who showed me his teeny little arm tattoo and claimed it was the Worst. Pain. Ever. I got to lift my top and call him a wussy little bitch!)

Ha, ha... that would have been sweet. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

im getting this on my leg chandra-tiki.jpg could it be done in colour because i would love it to be :)

that looks like a great piece, it should even better in colour.

does anybody remember a sleeve tattoo posted on here in a similar style (tiki island theme) on here ages ago? i remember the guy said he got it done in 'evil from the needle' in london but i cant seem to find the pictures. that was an amazing tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

Ooooh Doogieboogie.... serious ink envy! Fabulous piece :)

Thank you!! I want to add more lotus flowers to it, maybe extend it around my back, but the memory of the pain is a bit too fresh!!

I have exactly that!

Hurts like a bitch, I have to say, but looks impressive when it's done. I have a pic of mine somewhere.... *rummages around laptop*.... there you are!

DSCN0098-1.jpg

Pics a bit big, sorry. It isn't a squashed looking as that, just a strange photo...unfortunately, the width of my belly is the same, can't blame the camera for that!
    Thats the exact placement where I want mine!...is the pain unbearable or is it manageable?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

newest tattoo, i got friday! :)
    it's on the inside of my upper arm and can't take another picture as my camera is deaaaaaad!
    this is from the artists page! :D
    19932_102045533159345_100000616961301_59091_4405702_n.jpg

Thats the exact placement where I want mine!...is the pain unbearable or is it manageable?

It's unbearably manageable! When I was getting it done, the guy drew it up and was discussing it with me, and he turned to me and said, ''Now, this is going to be very sore'' to which I replied, ''Oh, I'm a grown woman, I can take pain,'' blah blah blah. The guy just looked at me and said, ''Don't be cocky, love - it's gonna be ****ing sore!''
    Of course, after that comment, I couldn't show any weakness, so I just had to lay there for an hour quietly while he did the line work! I put my ipod on and breathed steadily, and got through it alright.. The worst part is that you can't move at all - you can't even breathe in sharply if it stings! The worst bits were the skin on my belly and just under my breast ( you're male? you, won't have that problem!) It is very very sore, make no mistake! Afterwards it felt like road rash, you know that awful stingy scraped feeling, and it felt bruised as well.
    However! It is short-lived pain, and it can be broken down into sections - I had the line work done the first day, due to a scheduling mix-up, I had the shading done over two sessions. The line work is the sorest, as I'm sure many others will agree. Mine took an hour, so it's do-able pain, and you can always ask for a short break. The shading wasn't bad at all.

The guy who did my tatt did say to me afterwards that he thought I sat through it well - it's a good job he didn't see me shaking and weeping as I sparked up outside afterwards!!! ;):P

suzanne - wow!

It's unbearably manageable! When I was getting it done, the guy drew it up and was discussing it with me, and he turned to me and said, ''Now, this is going to be very sore'' to which I replied, ''Oh, I'm a grown woman, I can take pain,'' blah blah blah. The guy just looked at me and said, ''Don't be cocky, love - it's gonna be ****ing sore!''
    Of course, after that comment, I couldn't show any weakness, so I just had to lay there for an hour quietly while he did the line work! I put my ipod on and breathed steadily, and got through it alright.. The worst part is that you can't move at all - you can't even breathe in sharply if it stings! The worst bits were the skin on my belly and just under my breast ( you're male? you, won't have that problem!) It is very very sore, make no mistake! Afterwards it felt like road rash, you know that awful stingy scraped feeling, and it felt bruised as well.
    However! It is short-lived pain, and it can be broken down into sections - I had the line work done the first day, due to a scheduling mix-up, I had the shading done over two sessions. The line work is the sorest, as I'm sure many others will agree. Mine took an hour, so it's do-able pain, and you can always ask for a short break. The shading wasn't bad at all.

The guy who did my tatt did say to me afterwards that he thought I sat through it well - it's a good job he didn't see me shaking and weeping as I sparked up outside afterwards!!! ;):P
    Yeah I'm male I (hopefully) wont have that problem!:P...Y'know that sounds absolutely horrible but It hasnt changed my mind one bit!Seriously I'm willing to go through to that no question to get a kick arse tatt.

And suzanne that is fcuking awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

suzaane wrote: »
    newest tattoo, i got friday! :)
    it's on the inside of my upper arm and can't take another picture as my camera is deaaaaaad!
    this is from the artists page! :D
    19932_102045533159345_100000616961301_59091_4405702_n.jpg

Holy shizz, LOVEIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tarrah

Im not even 17 yet, and im tattoo'd twice.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

As this is my first day here I stick to showing just one off my tatts for now.

Sod it but the pic I put up tends to come out over large.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Photo0098.jpg

1st tattoo, only got done earlier today..

sorry about the crappy picture

pic was taken when it was just done. It's on my forearm.

16143_210004500983_692580983_3986532_765168_n.jpg

Neat. :) Where'd ya get it done? (Am looking at getting a tiger tattoo myself.)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,914 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Whoopsadaisydoodles, that's just gorgeous! Who did it for you?

Thanks! I got it done in Vegas. By Big Justin in Vince Neil Ink.

No 2 on my list

• Advertisement

:D
    No 3 and still coming

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement