Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Rob from colour works done this peice at the killybegs convention a couple of weeks ago....

He took first place in the new school category :)

and he will defo be reworkin the half sleeve i already have to add some colour to it :D

but he literally came up with exactly what I wanted, even though I didn't know exactly what that was!

That's exactly how I felt about my last tattoo!

It really is unbelievable.

I'm getting the itch again. This time it'll be a pretty large one and it'll be a cover up too (or even incorporating). Actually must search the forum for good cover up artists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Not the best pic but done today in Wildcat by Wojt - truly an amazing artist, and an awesome guy. First tat, four and a half hours! Worth every second though. Sorry about the redness/blood :o

wow..seriously, stunning tattoo..fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Savage tattoo JimmyBottlehead.
    Such a shame Wojt is leaving. This thread is full of **** black and grey, pieces like that show you how it should be done.

:( Is this true? Anyone know when he is heading off? Would love something done soon.

Which Wildcat studio is he in btw? Stephens green or Jervis Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Dancor wrote: »
    Savage tattoo JimmyBottlehead.

:( Is this true? Anyone know when he is heading off? Would love something done soon.

Which Wildcat studio is he in btw? Stephens green or Jervis Street?

Thanks a million :)

He said he was leaving in about a week or two, but he will be back every 3-4 months to hopefully do guest spots. I hope he is anyways. He is based in the Jervis Street studio, if you're lucky he might have some free slots left but I booked mine about three weeks ago and they were already getting scarce then :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭mig mag

That is a fab tattoo, bet u'll be proud of it forever! Well done ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭mig mag

I got this about 12 years ago and want to get a half sleeve done wit it. Any suggestions? Yes, it's facing backwards but anyhoo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Not the best pic but done today in Wildcat by Wojt - truly an amazing artist, and an awesome guy. First tat, four and a half hours! Worth every second though. Sorry about the redness/blood :o

That is just fucking..... WOW!
    Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spakks

My new tat

My new tat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

spakks wrote: »
    My new tat

Tree of life yeah? That's deadly...

Can't really make out what's going on around it? A boot strap or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Nice mate,

Where did you get that done? Impressive work

Damon form ATATTOOED in Bray did the work there is still a small bit of work to be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Very nice, but I can't help but feel that it's missing something, and that having it in colour would probably have added a lot to it.

I know a lot of people prefer B&W though.

B & W all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

From experience, I have found that people that prefer B&W*, are those that haven't got a colour piece done. I know now that I have had a nice colour piece done, I don't think I could/would go back to B&W.

*depending on the piece B&W sometimes suits better, sometimes less IMHO

I have a small colour tat on my right arm and have thought a long time b4 getting this 1 and i think B&W looks best

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

My new Tat... I'm loving it.

24584_1391713763217_1543339959_956434_5933813_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Simple but I love them.

26018_1407712482256_1515762923_31019301_6944256_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

don't mean to be nosey JQ, but whats the story behind them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

i may be wrong, but on his left right arm (his perspective) it equates to 13, and 7 on the other arm. now i may be wrong still, but i do beleive they add up to 20. so there you go. desyphered to the max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

It would seem quite apt if it referenced that verse in the bible

John 13:7 Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."

tbh wrote: »
    don't mean to be nosey JQ, but whats the story behind them?

I don't mind at all about you asking.
    ddef wrote: »
    i may be wrong, but on his left right arm (his perspective) it equates to 13, and 7 on the other arm. now i may be wrong still, but i do beleive they add up to 20. so there you go. desyphered to the max.

Ya they do stand for 13 and 7 but I don't usually add them up :D
    SV wrote: »
    It would seem quite apt if it referenced that verse in the bible

John 13:7 Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."

Haha i never thought about them being a biblical reference.But I'm not exactly the most religious person

The actual story behind them is kinda simple.its to do with good and evil,7 being a lucky number for me and 13 is what people believe to be unlucky.I'm not one of these people who has to have a story behind every tattoo (a la miami ink) but i really liked the good and evil theme.I didn't want to go and get angels and demons fighting though so I went with something simpler.I feel like one of those people on miami ink now lol.

feelpablo wrote: »
    Rob from colour works done this peice at the killybegs convention a couple of weeks ago....

He took first place in the new school category :)

and he will defo be reworkin the half sleeve i already have to add some colour to it :D

Love it man,it's beautiful.Ive been thinking of getting a gramophone for quite some time now and the way this turned out just makes me want to get one even more.Rob is a brilliant artist and this shows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Love it man,it's beautiful.Ive been thinking of getting a gramophone for quite some time now and the way this turned out just makes me want to get one even more.Rob is a brilliant artist and this shows it.

Cheers, yeah its a beauty.... was goin to be black and grey, but rob kept at me for the duration to go colour so i caved!!!

Really glad i did though :D

Back to him in a month or so to get the arm finished!!!

feelpablo wrote: »
    Cheers, yeah its a beauty.... was goin to be black and grey, but rob kept at me for the duration to go colour so i caved!!!

Really glad i did though :D

Back to him in a month or so to get the arm finished!!!

Can't wait to see what he does.

I'm heading back to him in a few months aswell to get the gramophone or either a design we were talking about the last time I was there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Man I'm beyond delighted. Never thought he'd be able to take my idea and make it work, but he literally came up with exactly what I wanted, even though I didn't know exactly what that was!
    I've had that design seven years, and always thought it'd fall short of what I expected, and instead it's perfect to me. I didn't know it'd be so large 'til the day though! Was expecting to just get a shoulder one, not a half-arm! :D

It really is. He's the only guy I really wanted to ink me, but he should be back every couple months for guest spots. Fingers crossed. He's a loss to the industry in Ireland.

Any ideas when he's going? I’ve being putting together ideas for a sleeve that I plan on starting in a month or two, I'd only have faith in him to pull it off judging from his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

vangoz wrote: »
    Any ideas when he's going? I’ve being putting together ideas for a sleeve that I plan on starting in a month or two, I'd only have faith in him to pull it off judging from his work.

I'm afraid he's left already :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 JacobCampbell

file.php?avatar=271_1256034018.jpg

As you can see i'm a huge fan of Queensryche. This is a prog-metal band, best of the world!!! My tattoo is the cover of their album "Operation Mindcrime"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

mindcrime.... one of my favorite albums of all time that, any close up pics of the tat?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement