Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

unknown13 wrote: »
    Was the Tattoo artist blind?

And missing a few fingers therefore he had to use stubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

ah now, i think we've all seen worse :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I wasn't going to post up a pic till it was fully finished but i cant resist, here's a poor quality photo off my phone:

<Pic removed at users request>

This is obviously just from the front, the same design is repeated around the back. Getting it finished tomorrow so hopefully ill get i proper photo up after that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

tumblr_kpzqqzRVLm1qa1pxso1_500.jpg

lads im jusy wondering how much it would cost to get this tatooed on my arm? was told 150 (not naming) but i only really want it small and its not like its a massive drawing its just lines :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I'd think twice about getting that tbh. too many lines close together. it will look like a solid blob after a few years, especially if its small.

• Advertisement

really?? :( aww god damit !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

If your dead set on getting it I would make it much bigger. Wouldn't put it on your arm either. Maybe the centre of your back between the shoulders, nice and big?

To do that right, it will have to be big (enough of a gap between the lines that it wont just all merge in a few years). It will also take a bit of time. looks simple but its so easy to **** up if done quickly. €150 sounds like your artist reckons somewhere between 1 and 2 hours? Personally I wouldn't risk something so compact like that with a lot of line work but if your going to do it, do it big enough and get an artist who will take their time to do it right. Might even look half decent going down your spine if an artist thinks they can pull it off.

Just my opinion, speak to a few different tattoo artists to get a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

GalKiefer wrote: »
    IMG_9112.jpg
    Just got it done this evening so will post a better photo in a day or two.

Is that your family crest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Galway_crest.png

It's the Galway crest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

<Pic removed at users request>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That turned out great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

As tbh said, it's the Galway crest. The surround is a generic family crest one I nicked off my dad's family crest/shield that's up on the wall in the home house. I'm upping sticks at the end of the year with my gf to Queensland (she's Australian) and won't be coming back for a few years, if at all, so I wanted to get something to remind me of home. <Que Dawson's Creek theme music.> :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 tommywiseau

i'm going to guess that the quote you got for 150 is well on the small side and you want to go even smaller to save money? sorry but it will look like absolute crap done small. i think duncan x/ mr.x in london did this as a backpiece before and it was amazing.. barcode style tattoos always end up looking ****e unless done big. buy the t-shirt maybe? :p
    A V A wrote: »
    tumblr_kpzqqzRVLm1qa1pxso1_500.jpg

lads im jusy wondering how much it would cost to get this tatooed on my arm? was told 150 (not naming) but i only really want it small and its not like its a massive drawing its just lines :P

i'm going to guess that the quote you got for 150 is well on the small side and you want to go even smaller to save money? sorry but it will look like absolute crap done small. i think duncan x/ mr.x in london did this as a backpiece before and it was amazing.. barcode style tattoos always end up looking ****e unless done big. buy the t-shirt maybe? :p

ye ye i know the one its looks amazing . . .i do want to get a t shirt but always wanted this as joy division are a big influence on me and wanted it on my skin haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dman45

tattoos are addictive, until you have one you wont understand

i have 2 tatoo's man :) and i want more

• Registered Users Posts: 34 xxXchocolate puppyXxx

thought this was hilarious a few years ago but now regretting it. thinking of getting a cover up...or removed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭baldshin

thought this was hilarious a few years ago but now regretting it. thinking of getting a cover up...or removed...
    It's not that bad! I got a giggle from it anyway, but I can imagine the humour wears off over time:D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think it's sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

I got this done in Impulse Maynooth :(
    tongue 002.jpg

I'm so unhappy with it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭baldshin

I got this done in Impulse Maynooth :(
    tongue 002.jpg

I'm so unhappy with it....

Ooh that doesn't look very well done. Please tell me you didn't pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

baldshin wrote: »
    Ooh that doesn't look very well done. Please tell me you didn't pay?

Could you not just remove it and let it heal (then re pierce later)?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

Chaz wrote: »
    Could you not just remove it and let it heal (then re pierce later)?

Got a second opinion on it and was advised to remove it. Returned to original piercer who refused to aknowledge that there was anything wrong with the piercing. I've another thread about it on here.... 'tongue piercing not straight'.
    Waiting for it to reheal now and i'll get it done properly somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kento

Got this yesterday, not everyones cup of tea but I LOVE it! First tattoo :D will post better quality in a few days

tattoojq.th.jpg

dsci0041g.th.jpg

dsci0040bv.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's really not so bad. It's cute, and in a relatively discreet location. Not one to regret at all I would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Kento wrote: »
    Got this yesterday, not everyones cup of tea but I LOVE it! First tattoo :D will post better quality in a few days

Nice colours - should be on yer chest instead ;p ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

SAM_0119 - Copy.JPG

Thought I'd upload my most recent one, since I've started posting here. It's not completely finished mind, and the photo isn't great in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭user1

This was done by Louis Malloy of London Ink at his studio in Manchester.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/216503/121359.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That's one awesome looking phoenix!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

user1 wrote: »
    This was done by Louis Malloy of London Ink at his studio in Manchester.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/216503/121359.jpg

Pricey?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement