Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

38365_1470155588088_1059559844_2783381_2081043_n.jpg38365_1470155508086_1059559844_2783379_3956202_n.jpg

38349_1470155108076_1059559844_2783376_2570142_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭user1

RasTa wrote: »
    Pricey?

It was £400 and he done it it 3 hours. I showed it to Joe Myler in JMDs who had his back piece done by Louis and he was amazed at how quick he did my phoenix. Also, my appointment had to be bumped up due to louis obligation to do London ink at the time so they ended up paying for my flight over. I want to get my next one done off either Chris Garver or Brandon Bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Hello!

New to this forum! Both my tattoos were done by Brenda Kelly in Impulse Tattoo, Maynooth. I think she's brilliant!!

7016_1206809896638_1420393568_2297967_6168781_n.jpg
    First tattoo of a butterfly

7016_1206809856637_1420393568_2297966_6479475_n.jpg
    Second tattoo on my right wrist, means Peace, Hope and Tranquillity in Japanese.

Love them both loads and am often caught looking at them like a twit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Nearly there...one or two more sessions.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52618744@N08/4842935387/

toomevara, that's really gorgeous! How long were the sessions you've had already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

kellief wrote: »
    toomevara, that's really gorgeous! How long were the sessions you've had already?

Roughly about 11-12 hours so far. Another 3-4 hrs tomorrow aft. Its by Diego at MVL Leeds btw.

Long time, but I'm sure it's worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

toomevara wrote: »
    Roughly about 11-12 hours so far. Another 3-4 hrs tomorrow aft. Its by Diego at MVL Leeds btw.

Looks really good so far! Really interesting use of colour, I'd be well chuffed.

37653_1541432541995_1420393568_3149916_996792_n.jpg

Just done, flowers need time to settle and might not be finished!!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

just got the shading done on my newest addition, didnt get time to do the other side but im well pleased with how its turning out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Just got this today! Am delighted :D

dharma2.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

is that the thing from lost??

A V A wrote: »

It's the DHARMA Initiative logo for the Swan Station, not "the thing" ;) And it represents and depicts a hell of a lot more than that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

A V A wrote: »
    yup it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    It's the DHARMA Initiative logo for the Swan Station, not "the thing" ;) And it represents and depicts a hell of a lot more than that too.

I see many more uses of that phrase in your future, each one slightly more exasperated than the last :D

Tell me about it!:rolleyes:

"Ohh, its from that silly tv show, that's a bit foolish of you, don't you think?"

Erm, no seeing as it's something which I've obsessed over for six years, the symbol itself is a ba gua, the the trigrams represent 8 family members, mother, father, three daughters and three sons, although one of the sons and one of the daughters from my family have died, as well as depicting a swan, which is sacred to the god Apollo who is the god of music, poetry and arts (I love music, and studies "arts" in college ;) ), as well as being a reminder of all the wonderful experiences I've shared in and the amazing friends I've met and kept due to "that silly tv show". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

tbh wrote: »
    I see many more uses of that phrase in your future, each one slightly more exasperated than the last :D

Just thinking that myself.
    I can see 10 years from now, 'No it's not, just the fucking thing from lost' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

"Ohh, its from that silly tv show, that's a bit foolish of you, don't you think?"

Erm, no seeing as it's something which I've obsessed over for six years, the symbol itself is a ba gua, the the trigrams represent 8 family members, mother, father, three daughters and three sons, although one of the sons and one of the daughters from my family have died, as well as depicting a swan, which is sacred to the god Apollo who is the god of music, poetry and arts (I love music, and studies "arts" in college ;) ), as well as being a reminder of all the wonderful experiences I've shared in and the amazing friends I've met and kept due to "that silly tv show". :D

Reminds me of the episode about jack's tattoos...

"That's what it says... That's not what it means"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I'm glad it means so much to you. I hope you are always comfortable with the meaning. It's only up to you ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

oppps sorry lads

• Advertisement

Quattroste wrote: »
    I'm glad it means so much to you. I hope you are always comfortable with the meaning. It's only up to you ;)

Ignore what other people think, tattoos are personal to the owner. They have meaning to the person, not to others.
    I think it's fabulous and very nicely done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

kellief wrote: »
    Ignore what other people think, tattoos are personal to the owner. They have meaning to the person, not to others.
    I think it's fabulous and very nicely done!

Why did you quote me and then basically repeat what I said? :confused:

Quattroste wrote: »
    Why did you quote me and then basically repeat what I said? :confused:

I was half asleep but it was cos I agreed with you! Sorry I even confused myself there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Following on from this post in June, here's a pic of my completed tattoo which was finished yesterday.

DSC02365.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

unionman wrote: »
    Following on from this post in June, here's a pic of my completed tattoo which was finished yesterday.

DSC02365.jpg

I really dislike tribal... but that's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭KevArno

Really nice unionman, not the type of thing I would usually like but its really nicely done, great proportions or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

done done done,in need of a touch up however

CIMG1992.jpg?t=1281200559

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Love the orange!

Gorgeous tatt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

muchos thanks :) i was unsure about what colours to go with,seemed to all work out in the end! done by erin in snakebite,cant reccomend her enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Gorgeous Tat Surannewrap, great colours!
    Nice jeans too - I have the same ones!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement