Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dexi

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    so why would you like to get something on your body which WILL last forever?

I have already tattoo that wouldn't be the first. I know they will last forever. Look we are hoping that we will stay together but you never know that. If we will be together forever then it is something nice to have just a two of us. If not then it would be still a nice tattoo to have and maybe some memory of the relationship. If it has nothing to do with the name then in case we break up still not a problem for me or for him to find an other partner.

I'm saying again that we want to stay together and have that tattoo but you need to face every possibility as well.

I don't like people jump into the name tattoos and then a few years later they get divorced and then the tattoo is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Regardless of what you get, it'll be a permanent reminder of the other person, so why not wait till you're more sure of each other and what you want done. Also, it should ideally be something that would remind you of each other, not something that a randomer on a forum suggested for you...

Regardless of what you get, it'll be a permanent reminder of the other person, so why not wait till you're more sure of each other and what you want done. Also, it should ideally be something that would remind you of each other, not something that a randomer on a forum suggested for you...

Thanks for this comment. We are really sure in this as we are together years now. That was our idea together and we made up our mind about that already. It will happen around the Christmas time that is for sure. You are absolutely right about that should be something that remind us for each other. We had appointment with tattoo salons already as well, they tried to advice something to us. I was just thinking that somebody might have some nice idea here on the forum that we can use as inspiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

dexi wrote: »
    We are really sure in this as we are together years now.

That's what my friend thought! :o

Now she has to explain to every new boyfriend who "Mark" is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

that should be something that remind us for each other.
    We do not want each other name as we don't know if our relationship will last forever.

Even if it's not a name, it will remind you of him...and people always ask about tattoos, special significance etc...so unless you lie, which is always a bad sign in a relationship, your potential future boyfriends will know anyway.

• Advertisement

amyputz wrote: »
    Even if it's not a name, it will remind you of him...and people always ask about tattoos, special significance etc...so unless you lie, which is always a bad sign in a relationship, your potential future boyfriends will know anyway.

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. I know you all right. We've been thinking about that for a while and I think the decision is about to make. Hopefully it will be good. I'll post it when its ready. I really believe that he will be my potential boyfriend forever.

But thanks again for all comments because it made me think about it more then twice.:)

That's what my friend thought! :o

Now she has to explain to every new boyfriend who "Mark" is...

Haha...well that is why I never wanted his name. Surely If we'll stay together I wouldn't like to walk all around with "Patrick" on me. People would think I'm a fan of St Paddy's day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

tought i'd put this up see what ye think. this is my first but not my last..! got it done in razors edge in naas

my_tattoo___Copy_2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Very nice bf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

tought i'd put this up see what ye think. this is my first but not my last..! got it done in razors edge in naas

my_tattoo___Copy_2.jpg

It's gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

what does the ogham say?

cheers tbh and kellief.!
    longshanks wrote: »
    what does the ogham say?

its my surname, read from left to right.!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Been ages since I posted on here! Have my ears stretched to 12mm now... Had the skin coloured plugs in for ages and my sister just decorated them today.. They are pretty nice I must say!

47351_429685286242_701331242_5156097_3716955_n.jpg

46970_429685281242_701331242_5156096_6162840_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

She did a pretty decent job on them too by the looks of it Vick! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

I know right... Such talent haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Frodo_Baggins

My 1st tattoo, aged 15. Gonna be covered up in the near future...

Chest1.jpg

A close-up of same tattoo.

Chest2.jpg

My 2nd tattoo, originally got a dragon from a book aged 17. Covered up about 4 years ago with this, hence all the black/darkness. Wanna actually add to this one eventually.

Back.jpg

PS., sorry if these pictures are massive. Don't know how to resize them. Any questions/comments? Ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Chest1.jpg

Chest2.jpg

My 2nd tattoo, originally got a dragon from a book aged 17. Covered up about 4 years ago with this, hence all the black/darkness. Wanna actually add to this one eventually.

Back.jpg

PS., sorry if these pictures are massive. Don't know how to resize them. Any questions/comments? Ha ha.

Can't make out that last pic?? It's too dark??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

cheers tbh and kellief.!

its my surname, read from left to right.!

iv tried and failed to translate it using the ogham on my arms, i jsut dont have enough characters :( must get more ogham tatts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Chest1.jpg

Chest2.jpg

Back.jpg

You were in Colourworks last Friday asking Darren about covering that up weren't you?

PeakOutput wrote: »
    iv tried and failed to translate it using the ogham on my arms, i jsut dont have enough characters :( must get more ogham tatts

just found this website http://www.viewzone.com/ogam22/.! what ogham do ye have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

untitled2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Nodferatu wrote: »
    untitled2.jpg

Down!! nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

yeah :) my first tatt, getting NOLA written underneath it at later stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Nodferatu wrote: »
    untitled2.jpg

That is fcuking cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Frodo_Baggins

hunter164 wrote: »
    You were in Colourworks last Friday asking Darren about covering that up weren't you?

Sure was. Were you the dude getting the work done on the ribs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

mdc5065 wrote: »
    n9370467_53400263_2395.jpg

Got this done back in December. This is maybe 3 days later.

n9370467_53447742_4611.jpg

Will be the finished product plus the family name in the banner.

Drew it up all myself, combined crest / COA from both sides of the family with a little embellishment.

Like/dislike? Suggestions?

May i ask where you found your family crest? Any particular website??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Just done by Jani today.

DSC00873.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

just found this website http://www.viewzone.com/ogam22/.! what ogham do ye have?

ha ha, just decoded your name bf. that's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Sure was. Were you the dude getting the work done on the ribs?

Ye that was me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

PeakOutput wrote: »

they are posted in this thread already but way back

4061127730_428982c691.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement