Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

clown bag wrote: »
    great theme. Keep the thread updated. :pac:

The infamous cheeseburger is being tattooed tomorrow!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

2nd session of an Elvis piece.
    205201_1338650444219_1769904926_571934_2601501_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Looks good enough to eat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭aridion

I like that Celtic artwork tat. What animal does it depict. The colours are pretty damn cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SammySunshine

69483_459456758484_733443484_5404832_4416557_n.jpg

I got this October last year. It's my first but not my last. I plan on getting a ankle tattoo very soon saying "I will never fall in line" with stars decorating it. Me and my mum also want a tattoo together, you know like a best friend sort of thing? I'm thinking something that doesn't make sense unless you see both of them...So any ideas for that would be appreciated, (:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Me and my mum also want a tattoo together, you know like a best friend sort of thing? I'm thinking something that doesn't make sense unless you see both of them...So any ideas for that would be appreciated, (:

man bollox to the ideas from others. if you and your mam are best friend decide on something that you both want and think is good for good for both of you.

the worst stigma attached to tattoo's is "oh you got a tribal tat "thats sooooooooo mainstream" or "oh you got a dolphin, sure everyone who is anyone has that". get a design, as you said. from others in here or from artists portfolios or just think of something between yourselves.

its your skin, dont get something that others think is cool because others think it is cool, decide yourself.

also i love the way you say "I'm thinking something that doesn't make sense unless you see both of them" i like the idea of a 2 part tat. its like a jigsaw, unless you have all the parts you cant see the whole picture. :)

i might be drunk and this post might be removed because of it but who cares that your mam is your best friend. you have one. thats the main point!!!!!!

also i love the way you say "It's my first but not my last." you've been bitten by the bug man, and so have i. :)

also i love the way you say "It's my first but not my last." you've been bitten by the bug man, and so have i. :)

haha yeah, I have...Funny thing is I said to all my friends before getting the first was "oh don't worry, I'm probably not going to get anymore..." and now months later I've been having thousands of ideas of what one I want next. When people said you could get addicted to ink I didn't think they were serious! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

haha yeah, I have...Funny thing is I said to all my friends before getting the first was "oh don't worry, I'm probably not going to get anymore..." and now months later I've been having thousands of ideas of what one I want next. When people said you could get addicted to ink I didn't think they were serious! :D

my god but it gets under your skin. literally and figuratively. the ideas i have could cover my body.

as you did i did myself "ah sure i'll get one and my infatuation with tattoo's will be sated"

MY GOD was i wrong. and happily so :)

my god but it gets under your skin. literally and figuratively. the ideas i have could cover my body.

as you did i did myself "ah sure i'll get one and my infatuation with tattoo's will be sated"

MY GOD was i wrong. and happily so :)

i know! they're amazing! my dad hates the idea of me getting a LOT of tattoos because he doesn't think women look good with them (just realised how telling people on a TATTOO THREAD that could be a bad idea...) but as you said, it's my body so i will get as many as i want! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

i know! they're amazing! my dad hates the idea of me getting a LOT of tattoos because he doesn't think women look good with them (just realised how telling people on a TATTOO THREAD that could be a bad idea...) but as you said, it's my body so i will get as many as i want! :P

We've all heard that at some stage, worry not! :D

And as Michael said, come up with something between you and your mum as to what would represent your relationship best to each other. Mine would never get a tattoo, but i will be getting one to represent us, that won't make sense to most people, but make perfect sense to us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Haven't gotten new ink in AGES, no monies to spare :(

Already making plans to get one at the Dublin convention later this year.

Got my Okami artbook in the post so it has further encouraged me!

7b65135c-cb43-402b-9dd0-8c992697f578.jpg

Want to eventually get a whole sleeve of Okami characters done, but the problem is which ones to choose >.<

Have to have Amaterasu herself and definitely want Rao:

Rao.jpg

Tuskle:

460px-Tuskle.jpg

Tama:

636px-Tama.jpg

And Camille & Camellia:

Camille_%26_Camellia.jpg

I will be able to fit a lot of them in a sleeve, but there are just so many characters and I don't want them too small that you can't see them..... Stress!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Just get ****ing jacked(or else fat) and you're sorted fii.

Now onto important matters, you and mark coming to beers tomorrow?

Nah, the two of us are both working the whole long weekend :(

****ing sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Nah, the two of us are both working the whole long weekend :(

****ing sucks
    Pimping and being on the game must be tough on the holidays :P

(runs off to otb before will or damo gives out)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Finally I have something cool to show ye guys!
    (Yes, I have just been lurking, waiting for an interesting mod to show ye!)

This is step one of my s-shaped scaffold! :D

223545_10150584372085604_899715603_18766565_1898500_n.jpg

Done, of course, by the legends that are Snakebite. In 2 months, I get to go back in, and they're gonna put a bendy bar through these :D
    Conch piercing made my eyes water (I've the other conch pierced, so knew to expect this), but all in all, grand!
    Woooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chocablock

Got it done by Karen Russell about a month and a half ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭aridion

Chocablock wrote: »
    Got it done by Karen Russell about a month and a half ago...

Great Tattoo Chocablock. Foo Dogs are pretty cool. I remember seeing them in temples in South East Asia. Always thought that they would make great tats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Love that Foo dog, im getting one myself in the next 2 weeks as part of a full sleeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Love the Fou Dog tattoo. Got this one done in Snakebite a few months ago. Getting the female version on my left thigh fairly soon hopefully! Sorry for the shiny pic was taken just after it was finished.
    http://on.fb.me/f4TpcC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Haven't gotten new ink in AGES, no monies to spare :(

Already making plans to get one at the Dublin convention later this year.

Got my Okami artbook in the post so it has further encouraged me!

7b65135c-cb43-402b-9dd0-8c992697f578.jpg

Want to eventually get a whole sleeve of Okami characters done, but the problem is which ones to choose >.<

Have to have Amaterasu herself and definitely want Rao:
    I will be able to fit a lot of them in a sleeve, but there are just so many characters and I don't want them too small that you can't see them..... Stress!!!!!

Any particular Amaterasu pose?

• Advertisement

Any particular Amaterasu pose?

Dunno for definite yet,.... think I'd like to get her with Issun though seeing as he's her envoy for the game.

Something along the lines of these?

amaterasu_6.jpg
    ama-2.jpg

The artbook has some pretty detailed drawings of Issun and the other Poncles but I think I want all the characters pretty much to scale!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Got this done in colourworks few weeks back.

c14b5eb9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

An Ama tattoo would be sweet!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭Polygon_window

edited

Polygon window - if you've nothing good to say then don't say anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭Polygon_window

Will wrote: »
    Polygon window - if you've nothing good to say then don't say anything.

apologies but cmon even you must agree!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

apologies but cmon even you must agree!!

Dont argue with mods.

Banned for good.And Im requesting a site ban aswell since youre spamming all over the place aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

Anyone else get a private mail from him telling them their tatt was woeful!! ??
    Too much time on his hands!

amybabes wrote: »
    Anyone else get a private mail from him telling them their tatt was woeful!! ??
    Too much time on his hands!

If you receive such PM's report them using the report button. It's like a lil traffic sign with an exclamation mark on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chocablock

That tattoo on the foot is brilliant. Really nice purple like a fruity colour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement