Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

my guy just stuck a papertowel to my back and sent me on my way lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Ha, same! Had it on my wrist and people were like... Did she just cut herself? Idiots. ALl of them! Mwhahaha! Now... Bein serious. Who can draw. Like ACTUALLY draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

Dutz, i love your tattoo!!! I'm planning to get stars on my lower back, in May for my birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Ha, same! Had it on my wrist and people were like... Did she just cut herself? Idiots. ALl of them! Mwhahaha! Now... Bein serious. Who can draw. Like ACTUALLY draw?

Despite my best efforts i can ACTUALLY draw and paint. but if your looking for some one to design a tattoo for you, you're better off getting a tattooist to do it as there's huge difference between drawing on paper and getting a drawing to fit and flow with the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Despite my best efforts i can ACTUALLY draw and paint. but if your looking for some one to design a tattoo for you, you're better off getting a tattooist to do it as there's huge difference between drawing on paper and getting a drawing to fit and flow with the body.
    Ditto.

Your best bet is to go direct to your tattooist of choice and thrash something out together.
    You might have something that looks lovely on a flat piece of paper, but getting it to fit in with all the curves and bends of a body is another matter altogether.

• Advertisement

Very good idea. Just thinkin I wanna do something with them stars on my hand/arm/wrist. I was thinkin of turnin one into a star with a ball closure ring pierced thro it, to represent my love of piercing. And I was thinkin of doing a colour design in another of the bigger stars. Any other ideas of what I can do with my stars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

heres a few of mine..
    will be getting more soon enough..
    im getting them for free with me being an apprentice an all ;)

I am in LOVE with the skulls. Really really cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I don't have the facility to upload mine. The pic is on my phone. If anyone can upload it pm me with your number and I'll send it. Cheers. *Makes mental note....go and buy a bloody cable for the phone*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

did you try emailing the pic from the phone to yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

did you try emailing the pic from the phone to yourself?

Yep. I can't get the bloody email on the phone working. Have the phone about a month or so too. I gave up after about two hours.

News news!!! I'm gettin new ink on tuesday. It's a cartoon girl holding a knife done out in green on my right foot. Mark in celestial's doin it. As soon as I can be bothered to get my cam I'll go take a pic of the cartoon and post it up. She's prettyful!

Here's a picture of my mates Tattoo. It's located just above her left foot. Opinions? I'm not mentioning where she got it done just yet....

cdeas.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Karona_Marona

The shadow effect looks a bit weird to me... buts its a funky idea for a tattoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭duckegg

As the picture is a bit orangy it does not show of the shading but i must say very nice tattoo idea:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭duckegg

News news!!! I'm gettin new ink on tuesday. It's a cartoon girl holding a knife done out in green on my right foot. Mark in celestial's doin it. As soon as I can be bothered to get my cam I'll go take a pic of the cartoon and post it up. She's prettyful!

I have a tattoo by mark Good Guy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Here's a picture of my mates Tattoo. It's located just above her left foot. Opinions? I'm not mentioning where she got it done just yet....

That's pretty bad. How many light sources is it supposed to have with the shadows being thrown in so many different directions?

from this... :
    Kasleg.jpg

to this... working on it a bit at a time..
    tattooing yourself is hard..
    Skullfill.jpg

and heres my 16mm
    Ears.jpg

going up to 20's.. i think thats where ill stop
    i tend to set a goal and when i reach it i wanna go further..
    addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Here is the last tattoo I got done. Got it done Feb last year. The second pic I just done in photoshop for a mess.

http://i10.tinypic.com/4c9svfp.jpg

http://i10.tinypic.com/43hzv9h.jpg

its a nice design.. whered you get it done..?

• Advertisement

Kastro wrote:
    its a nice design.. whered you get it done..?
    Wild Eagle by Aaron :), just seen you other post about him being a robot, you're dead right took him about 30 mins to do it.

I said to him jasis ya flew trough that, he said I would of went quicker but you bleed like a woman :o

:D

hehehe thats him all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Delilah

my mouth just drops open with ohhs and ahhs!

;););) brave you are guys! i doubt if i could have the courage to do that.

BreadBoard wrote:
    Wild Eagle by Aaron :), just seen you other post about him being a robot, you're dead right took him about 30 mins to do it.

I said to him jasis ya flew trough that, he said I would of went quicker but you bleed like a woman :o

:D

So what was actually your preference? Fast or good? Do you reckon he might have gotten the black solid if he'd slowed down a bit?

I'm just curious what your opinion is on the patchy blackwork.

You're right. I would of rather he took his time.

BreadBoard wrote:
    You're right. I would of rather he took his time.

Go back for a free touch up, you didn't get a speed discount did you? He took full price? Go back and get the ink and the time you paid for, and get him to clean up the blowout on the left of it too.

Acording to Kastro, he's away (the tattooist). Not sure when he'll be back.

What's the blowout?

The bit ringed in red looks to me like a blowout, where it's been tattooed too deep and the ink seeps out into the surrounding tissue cos it's in the wrong tissue layer. You can look it up in the bme encyclopedia too.

What's with the points marked in yellow going on forever and ever and ever?

It looks rushed as **** and pathetic for what's a simple tribal, no offense.

edited.jpg

No offense taken. But I do admit I'm annoyed about the artists lack of commitment to my tattoo, he should of paid more attention to it, obviously.

The piece in red I never noticed until you pointed it out and the top piece in the yellow I noticed a few days after the tattoo was healing, could that be fixed?. I don't think the bottom piece in the yellow is as bad, but maybe could do with a bit of a tidy up.

• Advertisement

I'd say the only way you could fix the top bit would be to thicken it out and join it down to the spur below it, but that'd kinda screw up the design.

And holidays all over the blackwork....the hardest part of blackwork is getting it consistent, he failed.

Maybe think of changing artists?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement