Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

itsa pokemon.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Maybe all those battles do have some ill-effects on pokemon

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I dont think it'd complement the stars... which are gorgeous on their own.

MacSuibhne, thats a great tattoo, can I ask why you got it there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MacSuibhne

Jesjes wrote:
    I dont think it'd complement the stars... which are gorgeous on their own.

MacSuibhne, thats a great tattoo, can I ask why you got it there?

Well, I wanted it somewhere I couldn't hide, and where I'd see it every time I looked in the mirror. Consider it a message to myself. Besides, there was just something about having ink over my jugular vein that just felt symbolic.

-Oisín

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I love pokemon!! Haha! Mew is like THE best EVER......

I shouldn't be allowed get tattoos, should i? :)

• Advertisement

if i had my way id lock you under a stairs and not let you out :D
    ah no, only jokin, do what ya want, itd have to be very special so sway me though, good luck with it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I love pokemon!! Haha! Mew is like THE best EVER......

I cannot believe that this was post no. 666 on a tattoos thread. Surely post 666 should have some pus-infested tattooed goats leg depicting satan's anus?
    Though pokemon are pretty evil too....

No you shouldn't, infact you should be forced to give all your tattooing money to the M.F.F.O.A.E.T (mancore points awarded for unscrambling)

men fighting for other attention eating tramps? im stumped, it better be good man

edit: it is good

il hopefully have something to add at about 8pm tonight :cool:

• Advertisement

Here ya go. 1 hour of work tattooing, about 4-5 hours more to do. Didnt hurt as much as id thought. Im sure itl hurt next thursday ;)
    anywho theyre just fresh, lines need to be made thicker and shading etc to be done.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

MacSuibhne wrote:
    Well, I wanted it somewhere I couldn't hide, and where I'd see it every time I looked in the mirror. Consider it a message to myself. Besides, there was just something about having ink over my jugular vein that just felt symbolic.

-Oisín
    Makes perfect sense to me. I would love to have an image/the courage and the ability to sum up everything that I want to have in one tattoo, in one place on my body.

Wilburt, that is gorgeous. Did you get it done in France or Ireland when you were home?

Gee wilby what a small tattoo, hope your mother agrees :P

Looks good also leaves room for a tribal sort of muniwari which could be nice if you decide to expand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Wilburt wrote:
    Here ya go. 1 hour of work tattooing, about 4-5 hours more to do. Didnt hurt as much as id thought. Im sure itl hurt next thursday ;)
    anywho theyre just fresh, lines need to be made thicker and shading etc to be done.

That looks excellent man, who's the artist?

Michele Prezioso of dublin art tattoo, hes the guy on the right of the main picture. www.dublinarttattoo.com
    yeah my ma eventually calmed down, lush helps sooth the anger i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I'm very impressed. It's very pretty.

it or me :p
    anywho yeah next session thursday, gonna borrow a mates digital camera and snap a few pics off.
    (first post in T&P of the new year)
    hope everyone has had a good one

ok second session, didnt get finished though, have to come back in february :(
    anywho here ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I like! /Borat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Wilburt wrote:
    ok second session, didnt get finished though, have to come back in february :(
    anywho here ya go
    Where's the idea from?

• Advertisement

maori sorta idea... dunno the artist sorta came up with it along with a tiny bit of input from me, very happy with it and thank god for nurofen :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres my second self inflicted.
    Eye Of Ra--In side left hand wrist.
    Excuse the pic--Cameras acting up.
    Richie

IM000445.jpg

Edit added a better quality pic.

cool, hows the apprenticeship going anyway? interesting?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Wilburt--Dont have a formal apprentieship but a friend is showing me the basics.That and a few art classes are getting me there (slowly).
    Richie

Was it meant to be in a more ink block way?

Was it meant to be in a more ink block way?

Im not sure I get you there Emmet.I wanted it fairly bold looking and Im happy with the way it ended up.Hopefully that black will stay in when its healed.The skin is really thin there so Im expecting a bit to fall out and need some touching up.

I meant it as in its looks like it was done with a calligraphy pen (sort of) rather then having really sharp lines?

I meant it as in its looks like it was done with a calligraphy pen (sort of) rather then having really sharp lines?

Ah now I get you.I softened the outline with a shader needle as it looked "wrong" with the outline really sharp at first--I kind of wanted soft outlines on it.

When it heals I may decide to reline it with a sharper outliner if Im not happy with it.

Its all a learning curve for me :D

Give me an honest opinion-do you think it would look better with the sharper outline???

At the moment it kinda looks like a stamp but i think its more just the glare on the fresh ink. As for the outline i'm more in favour of the soft one as its more how the symbol should be. It also looks kinda blocky i think the lines could be extended a bit more. Also there's something about the top line that doesn't look right.

The colour looks fairly even which is good considering you didn't have your other hand free to stretch the skin.

• Advertisement

At the moment it kinda looks like a stamp but i think its more just the glare on the fresh ink. As for the outline i'm more in favour of the soft one as its more how the symbol should be. It also looks kinda blocky i think the lines could be extended a bit more. Also there's something about the top line that doesn't look right.

The colour looks fairly even which is good considering you didn't have your other hand free to stretch the skin.

Those thoughts are exactly what I think is wrong with it.The top and middle line need to be extended to be in line the curve at the bottom.
    The top line needs to follow the curve of the top of the "eye" a bit more closely aswell but that might make the top line more thick which I dont want.
    The left hand part of the "eye" also need to come to more of a taper aswell.

Fill isnt bad--Duct tape helped me get an ok stretch on it :)

Thanks for that Emmet-A second honest opinion goes a long way to helping me improve.
    Richie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement