Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Its not the same one as trans met similar but not the same, spent a while comparing my friends to spiders. A friend is planning on getting copies of spiders arm, very fanboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Sorry, thought the picture was maybe a little skewed or something, it is very similiar though. Now I feel ashamed to claim it as my favourite comic evar. Damnit. I like the fanboy thing when it comes to spider though, his tattoos are so innocuous that they wouldn't be identified except by another fan.

Its ok I'm a big transmet fan too, namely as its based on h.s.t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bordrlinepsycho

my first tattoo:D done by phil in celestial ring...think he did a real good job..really neat lines and got it exactly how i wanted it:)

tattoo007.jpg

Emmet: Alice Thompson is my alias when I don't want to use my own name, for Lewis Carroll and Hunter S. Thompson :D
    bordrlinepsycho: pretty, don't normally like writing but that's quite nice. Does it have any signifigance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Me getting my eyebrows done :D

l_c5fc3d1d3d9a5d4b9b2d7c5630909a76.jpg

Excuse the face pulling I can be a bit of a tit ;)

Eww cork one of the worst ideas in piercing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bordrlinepsycho

edibility wrote:
    bordrlinepsycho: pretty, don't normally like writing but that's quite nice. Does it have any signifigance?

not really i just really liked it and its the name of a song i love lol....already planning my next one:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

The_Scary_Man: Where did you get that done?

I wish I could have gotten pics of my lip being pierced. It spurted blood from both sides of the hole- even the piercer got a shock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Gauge wrote:
    The_Scary_Man: Where did you get that done?

I wish I could have gotten pics of my lip being pierced. It spurted blood from both sides of the hole- even the piercer got a shock :)

Maria in Triple X did them for me along with a labret that day, did a great job too :D. She's a member on here but doesn't post very often.

We took pics coz they were only going in for the weekend, I'm not allowed visible piercings in work. I can cover my tragus with a plaster but the eyebrows would be a bit much :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iosfra

20070629first0026py4.th.jpg

Not vey clear, but its on my wrist.

Where abouts did you get it done? And where in Sligo are you from, out of curiosity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Karona_Marona

iosfra wrote:
    20070629first0026py4.th.jpg

Not vey clear, but its on my wrist.

Thats a gorgeous tattoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iosfra

Got it done in Manchester originally and then touched up in the vibe in Sligo....I'm from Sligo town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

its really nice:)turned out well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

My first tattoo :D

376558050a4973417281l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

vurreh nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Narraaja

Nice and simple, I like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭duckegg

Mustangs wrote:
    My first tattoo :D

376558050a4973417281l.jpg
    Clean,Clear and Sharp very NICE

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I really want to get a back piece done, to go along with my two upper arm tatts, they are euro style dragons and I'm wracking my brains coming up with a plan for my back piece, from the nape of my neck to my waist, any ideas?
    I'm thinking of a large dragon occupying the left and top of my back hovering, wings outspread while breathing fire onto a knight in the lower right crouching holding a shield over himself, flames bursting around him,
    Is this do-able?
    Who would be the best guy to talk to about it?
    How much and how long would it take?
    Hoping to get it in mono but would colour be better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think that'd definately have to be colour, nice bright vibrant colours.
    If you went mono on it, you'd have to have someone very (VERY) talented to try to design something that'd have anywhere near the same impact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

newtat.jpg

Just got this done today, getting it coloured tomorrow, i'm loving it so far!!

My basic design, a friend of a friend improved it and tattooed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tupamaro

Although I'm German I like Ireland so all my tatoos up to now have a touch of Eire.

1.JPG

2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i like the way you used the old irish way of putting a H on things with the dot above the letter. nice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wilburt wrote:
    i like the way you used the old irish way of putting a H on things with the dot above the letter. nice
    Is that what it is? I was thinking he got a bad translation!

Nice ink though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

probably wrong thread (sorry) but i dont have any tatts but REALLY want some. (i have eczema). just wondering does anyone here have skin conditions and got a tattoo done or knows someone? its on my joints and upper arms (of course, where i want ink!)

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

chin_grin wrote:
    probably wrong thread (sorry) but i dont have any tatts but REALLY want some. (i have eczema). just wondering does anyone here have skin conditions and got a tattoo done or knows someone? its on my joints and upper arms (of course, where i want ink!)

thanks.
    I have extremely bad eczema and I haven't encountered any problems with tattooing, just a little extra sensitivity. Of course everyone is different, but I was fully expecting to have to deal with some kind of nasty reaction like I get with everything else and I've been fine, so I'd imagine you'll be OK. You might just find it a little bit more painful than what is considered standard and maybe a little bit more stingy for a few days afterwards.

ah, thanks man. great advice. i think i might start on my legs and work upwards! :P

cheers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

No problem, I understand why you'd be concerned! If in any doubt, start small.
    By the way, you will probably be told by your artist that you should use Bepanthen to heal your tattoo. It makes my eczema flare up something serious, so you might find you have the same problem. Rather than wasting money buying it when you might not be able to use it I would recommend using pure Vitamin E oil as an alternative. It works just as well and because it's completely natural it's better for your skin in the end anyway.

• Advertisement

yeah, my cousin was told to use preparation H (or whatever the irish equivalent is!). i think that was just a wind up though.....hmm :P

great tips yet again. thanks a mil.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement