Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

yep guilty as :D
    Awesome photographer too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Indeed. I had a planned shoot with her back in my SG days.

LEGEND! On both counts :D
    how'd it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Cherryvega those stars are freakin awesome! :D Love how the top one is flanked by the nape piercing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

He did mine too. Will be going back in a few weeks I think!!
    Gdublin wrote:
    Made by Remis in Celestial Ring Abbey Street
    Check his work:
    www.remistattoo.com

• Advertisement

Cherryvega those stars are freakin awesome! :D Love how the top one is flanked by the nape piercing! :D

Thanks! :D
    yea that was the plan, sadly the nape rejected badly and took it out before it pushed through the top star, miss it like crazy :(
    ...microdermals may be the way forward.

Yeah, that's possible, I am not sure, but there could be an issue with piercing the same site...?

If there isn't, you could try getting the nape done again?

It truely is a beautiful tattoo though, the nicest star tattoo I've ever seen imho...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i am hearing waaaaaaaaaay too many stories of rejected napes lately :(

*hugs mine*

OW!

Narco you know how to look after it right, just make sure to irritate it as little as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

it's amazing how i never realised how much i tended to hug my neck... even just putting on/takign off tshirts and stuff , gotta be careful not to catch it. still looks pretty ****ing awesome though, and i get some brilliant reactions when i tell people ihave my neck pierced :D

• Advertisement

Not sure, haven't had problems getting other piercings done in the same spot, but the nipples are kinda different. :D
    Yea its my favourite...Im so gonna be a cool granny. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

Got this done a few months back! Never got around to posting it up!
    This is just after it was finished in art tattoo studio!
    You can find it in his portfolio also! :D:D:D

Tatt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Nice, I like the shading, kind of a hand-poked effect going on there...

Really nice... Mayan?

I often get the Aztec/Incan/Mayan art mixed up tho...

thanks guys!!
    its actually polynesian!!
    more pacific isles, like tahiti/samoa etc!

[/feels stupid] lol

[/feels stupid] lol

haha!
    Don't feel stupid! it really looks like an Aztec design!
    If i didn't know better i'd have thought the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

love the dots effect. wouldnt that age quite well because of that then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

6th wrote:
    ARGH! I saw this tat recently (so I presume it was you) but can't remember where. Might have been in Jervis during the week - possibly lunch time. Thats just a guess though coz I really cant place it.
    Possibly at the last beers? Can't think of the last time it was warm enough to wear a tank top outside! Although Jervis could be right, I was shopping last Wednesday around Henry Street.

love the dots effect. wouldnt that age quite well because of that then?

I never really thought about that! i supposed you're right!
    That was actually the first time he tried using that effect...
    trusting of me i know! lol!
    Well, the way i saw it was that if i didnt't like it at all he could fill it in or somethin.
    He started the dots on one of the smaller triangles on the snake so it would have been easy to change!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Hi guys,

Second session for my Jap tattoo. So Im looking for some comments for this please :)

You see traditionally you can recognize Fudo Myo-o by the sword that he carries in his right hand and the rope in his left. One eye is looking up (to Heaven) and the other is looking down (to Earth). I wanted a more realistic looking Fudo, a bit different to way he is normally depicted. So, his eyes are less "goggle-ly" than they normally would be.

But, a few people have asked the question "are his eyes aligned correctly", which of course there not.
    Im not sure if it just looks like a defect in the image rather than a feature.

I might change this. What do guys think ?

DSC01619.jpg

No, leave it as it is, why would you change the symbology of the image just because some people don't understand it at first glance?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

No, leave it as it is, why would you change the symbology of the image just because some people don't understand it at first glance?

^^ QFT

It looks outstanding Dinobot. I can't wait to see it when its finished, especially when the sword is done. The eyes are perfect as they are, the teeth should give the hint of asymmetry to the piece.

I should have my next tat ready for show tomorrow evening. I'm frantically trying to rustle up the last of the cash right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Dinobots! Lawl! Decepticons, FTW!

Trannyformers aside. Beautiful piece! Keep it as it is!

Got my phoenix done this evening before Fibbers, as those of you that saw the back of my shirt with the blood soaking into it can attest to lol!

Absolutely delighted with the piece, better than I could have imagined!

<pic removed>

And together with the (touched up) dragon, so you can get the proper idea:

<pic removed>

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Thanks for the replies guys! I think I will leave it as is and see how it goes.

Nice work there DamoElDiablo, any the plans for the center of the back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

DinoBot wrote:
    Thanks for the replies guys! I think I will leave it as is and see how it goes.
    I'd agree with the others that you should as this is part of the story behind the tattoo, many people will think it's just misaligned but that's because they are unaware of the backstory to the character (as I was until reading your post). All that matters is that you know it's supposed to look like that, who cares what everyone else thinks?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Got my phoenix done this evening before Fibbers, as those of you that saw the back of my shirt with the blood soaking into it can attest to lol!

Absolutely delighted with the piece, better than I could have imagined!

And together with the (touched up) dragon, so you can get the proper idea:

They both look excellent and really set each other off.

It looks like they are flying toward each other for a massive mythical scrap hehe.

A tenner on the phoenix!

Is there some reason why you got the phoenix Damo?

The reason I ask is that I got a celtic one done on my stomach years ago (didn't turn out great :( ) during a tough period in my life as a symbol of my own desire to 'rise from the ashes'.

I'm big into tattoos as a form of spiritual and psychological expression. I mainly use mine as a cathartic release or sometimes as sigils to give me the strength to tackle new challenges in my life. The fact that they look cool is just a happy coincidence ;)

Yeah the dragon has meaning to me, but the phoenix even more so.

I went through quite a severe illness several years ago, and ended up in London to have surgery for it, which thankfully was a complete success. The illness had a very severe physical and mental impact on me, and I see the period afterwards as a period where I was basically reborn, and what better a symbol of rebirth and renewal than a phoenix? :)

Oh yeah and on your bet, I'd be supporting the phoenix too! I LOVE my dragon, but the phoenix that Mariusz designed for me is just badass!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Either that or you just like any mythical fire creature.:D
    And as for dragon Vs. phoenix, I don't think flame is even supposed to hurt a phoenix, whereas a dragon is only supposed to have a good tolerance to it, so short of them fighting in Ireland (with our weather they'd only manage a steam-fight:D ) I'd bet on the phoenix.:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement