Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

farohar wrote:
    Either that or you just like any mythical fire creature.:D

Damnit, now you got me wondering how a balrog in a similar style would look in the mid back... :rolleyes: lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Damnit, now you got me wondering how a balrog in a similar style would look in the mid back... :rolleyes: lol
    It'd probably look nervous since it's surrounded.:p
    And what about an ifrit? ;)

Lol! Nope, I am considering making it a trio of legendary beasts, but we'll see what comes to mind over time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

I got my mantra done today too. I'm delighted with it :D Sorry about the crappy pic.

l_b26af4b2219bcb551ff556155474363a.jpg

It was my 35th birthday present to myself, well that and the P.A.

After a thorough consultation with Raul I decided to go ahead with it.

You were right Damo, it wasn't as sore as I thought but it was DAMN uncomfortable for the 2 or 3 minutes it took :eek:

It's wrapped in gauze and a rubber glove for the moment so I haven't even seen it yet. I'll check it out when I shower in the morning.

Oh and ignore the crappy little flower/sun next to it, its not long for this world :( Hopefully it will be covered by a lovely blue lotus before christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

that's really hot, great work!
    mind if I ask what it means?

• Advertisement

Thanks Le Rack :)

It's a Buddhist mantra known as the Mani Mantra. It is a prayer to Chenrezig; the embodiment of Buddha Compassion.

ah ok cool! where'd you go for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭aido182

hey Damo and Scary man, great tattoos, where did youget them done?

Raul in Smiley Dogg (formerly known as Triple X) did it for me. He was telling me that they're moving soon to a new, bigger premises with a body jewelery shop on one floor, a piercing studio on another and a tattoo studio on the third.

It should be brilliant when it's finished, the range of body jewelery available in Cork at the moment isn't great but that should change when they get set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

That's awesome, I'd heard he was doing that but I wasn't sure when. It'll be amazing if they end up selling plugs and stuff, there's nowhere here that does other than Moonshine and they're ridiculously overpriced.

Don't supposed Raoul mentioned if Karen Russell has started working there yet?

• Advertisement

Damo appears to have disappeared off the face of the map but Mariusz in Snakebite did both his tatts for him, and he sorta designed the phoenix

Gauge wrote:
    That's awesome, I'd heard he was doing that but I wasn't sure when. It'll be amazing if they end up selling plugs and stuff, there's nowhere here that does other than Moonshine and they're ridiculously overpriced.

Don't supposed Raoul mentioned if Karen Russell has started working there yet?

Nah he said nothing about that but we were only chatting. Manu said that it would be Raul and Jay, the American guy with the beard, but if she joins with them then there would be a serious talent pool in that studio.

Seriously :) I really want Karen Russell to do my foot tattoos, she's awesome with colour. But I might get Raoul to do my inner lip... Is Jay a new guy? My sister's bf got a tat by 'a new guy' and it's supposedly amazing. In case you can't tell, I'm sussing out artists at the moment... I've heard Karen might be working there a couple of days a week, but I don't know if there's any truth in it.

(sorry people, I know I'm wandering into off-topic territory here)

My dragon was designed by a girl off Deviant Art, and tattooed by Mariusz in Snakebite.

And the phoenix was designed by Mariusz for me, to compliment the dragon, and tattooed by him too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Absolutely fricking gorgeous Mr. Scary Man...and eh, it's not a crappy pic at all :)

Thanks Aoife2K :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

I really like it too, great placement. I wanted some text up my sides but my rib piece has turned out quite a lot bigger than originally planned and there's no space now!

I got my mantra done today too. I'm delighted with it :D
    You were right Damo, it wasn't as sore as I thought but it was DAMN uncomfortable for the 2 or 3 minutes it took :eek:
    It's wrapped in gauze and a rubber glove for the moment so I haven't even seen it yet. I'll check it out when I shower in the morning.

May I ask what your mantra says or is it personal?

Yeah the pa is like this:
    Willy out in front of someone with needles : shrinkage!
    Receiving tube : uncomfortable feeling, like burny piss... :confused:
    Piercing: Breath in, breathe out, breathe in, brea... ow****thatwassor.. oh the pains gone already... ??

:D

Burny piss, haha. I am so asking everyone I know with a PA if it felt like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i think ill have to use it as a swear word...

*stubs toe*

AGH! burnypiss :mad:

• Advertisement

May I ask what your mantra says or is it personal?

It is deeply personal but its not a secret ;)

Its the Mani Mantra; 'Om Mani Padme Hum' a prayer to Chenrezig the Buddha of Compassion. Reciting the mantra while imagining yourself to be the embodiment of compassion is said to help to develop our capacity for compassion in our lives for ourselves and others. It is a mantra that is open to everyone and doesn't need the approval of a Lama to begin to practice it.

The tattoo design/script was done by a guy who spent a number of years in a Tibetan monastery learning calligraphy and sacred writings and the script is written to sacred proportions which mean that seeing the Mantra is as powerful as reciting it.
    Yeah the pa is like this:
    Willy out in front of someone with needles : shrinkage!
    Receiving tube : uncomfortable feeling, like burny piss... :confused:
    Piercing: Breath in, breathe out, breathe in, brea... ow****thatwassor.. oh the pains gone already... ??

:D

LOL burny piss, thats it alright :eek: I got a cotton bud dipped in lube down my urethra first which was pretty bad but quick and then the receiving tube which wasn't as bad but took a good bit longer to insert *shudder*

What has really surprised is that there has been no blood at all, not a drop. He told me to wash it and apply iodine a few times a day. It stings badly for a while after putting on the iodine, kinda like getting it caught in your zipper, but its grand after about 10 minutes.

Peeing is a bit of an ordeal but he gave me a tip that would allow me to pee standing up; stand about two feet from the bowl and lean in with your hand against the wall. Any drips or rollback should then drip into the toilet and not all over your jeans :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Goat Mouth

image.jpg

pretty cool lookin' man!

LOL burny piss, thats it alright :eek: I got a cotton bud dipped in lube down my urethra first which was pretty bad but quick and then the receiving tube which wasn't as bad but took a good bit longer to insert *shudder*

What has really surprised is that there has been no blood at all, not a drop. He told me to wash it and apply iodine a few times a day. It stings badly for a while after putting on the iodine, kinda like getting it caught in your zipper, but its grand after about 10 minutes.

Peeing is a bit of an ordeal but he gave me a tip that would allow me to pee standing up; stand about two feet from the bowl and lean in with your hand against the wall. Any drips or rollback should then drip into the toilet and not all over your jeans :cool:
    REALLY??? I didnt get anything down the urethra first, just the receiving tube, and it doesnt sound as bad as yours was!
    I was expecting to wake up in a pool of blood from what some of the guys here were saying, but only had a tiny drop on the tissue the next morning!!! :)
    Dunno why he's gettin you to use iodine... cup of warm water, hold it in the bowl, stick the lad in it and pee... soaks it and cleans it... urine is sterile so should really be no need for the iodine, that just sounds sadistic!

I've found if you angle the captive bead right first, peeing standing up or at a urinal is easy. If its a proper toilet tho, just sit down, problem solved!

Goat mouth - cheers mate :)
    When we gonna see ya on a thursday next????

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

Goat Mouth wrote:
    pretty cool lookin' man!

That looks really great two of my favourite mythical creatures too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

I got my mantra done today too. I'm delighted with it :D Sorry about the crappy pic.

Oh and ignore the crappy little flower/sun next to it, its not long for this world :( Hopefully it will be covered by a lovely blue lotus before christmas.

Looks very sexy ScaryMan but must have been awful sore !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Really like that scaryman looks real nice fits your shape nice and cleanly

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

scaryman, that looks very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah tis savage. But when I see it I read the first characters below the horizontal lines, as 'corko'? :p

bobbygirl wrote:
    That looks really great two of my favourite mythical creatures too!!!

Thanks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

My newest addition!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement