Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

popecatepetal, that orang utan is absoltuely fantastic. i think it's absolutely beautiful and it looks perfect. i reckon you're quite the pleased with it alright.

just back from inkwell myself, after getting my mate (mark, for those who have met him) his tattoo from john, which i am extremely impressed with as well. what started out as a scratchy kind of idea, just looks beautiful now, much better than either of us went in anticipating.

edit: i forgot to say, i don't actually think davey180 should be banned. yes, he's not exactly making friends in here, but i dont really think that anything he's done is quite a bannable offence.

ooh! and also, forgot to say! i got a new piercing today! mark at inkwell talked me into it... well... admittedly it didn't take a whole lot of persuading, but still... got a 2.4 holder in my septum now (i think that's what he called it.... i really am useless with names of things...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 TheBlondeOne

2.4 keeper..... not holder.... ;)

dammit >_<

i tried, i really did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

how about just letting it go and moving on? everyone.
    this used to be such a happy place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Hey narco, thanks v much for the praise of the tat:) and to bounty hunter too, cheers:) I'll see yez all at the beers, and you can meet it in person:D

Did Mark get the angel with the bazooka in the end? I was there the saturday he and erin were planning it, and I thought it looked pretty cool, and very entertaining!

How was the septum piercing, narco? I'd like to get that done after new year, but I'm worried that a nostril piercing on each side will make for a bit of a crowded breathing airway...

Apologies for the overly friendly post, esp. when I've never met any of ye, but I've had this as my home page for months so I figure I know ye quite well by now, even if the opposite isn't true. I look forward to meeting everyone at the beers night. ...also I'm quite drunk... Okay, thank you for your patience:)

• Advertisement

Also, I agree with Wilburt re: moving on, this thread has become rather swamped with soap-opera style bickering which, while rather amusing, is diverting the thread somewhat.

Davey180, some people like your tat, some people don't, what's important is that you do, now let's relax a little. If you have problems with individual members of bod mod, it might be better to resolve it via PMs.

Just an idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

davey if its kept im pm.. its a private argument, not public slander, its not agenst the rules.

narco, did you have it pierced before and strech it up or is it fresh?

was in inkwell myself during the week, place looks good.. john really brought life into the orang utan.. nice job

Cheers Kastro:) I'm so happy with it I'm practically bouncing the last week since it was finished... although that could have been the alcohol I had tonight... but I really am delighted with it. I have plans for another orangutan mother-and-baby on my right thigh in the next few months so that I'm not asymmetrical and walking in circles all the time, and I fully trust John to do that one justice as well. I'm dreadfully unkind to the poor man - he complained about the difficulties of doing fluffy-looking hair all through the last session, and now I want him to do a completely hairy picture:D I'm a bitch:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

thats going to look sweet, black and grey obviously? when you planning on getting it?

Oh my, whenever I can raise the money I think. I feel quite lopsided at the moment, so would like to rectify this as soon as possible, but christmas is an expensive time... Hopefully I'll be able to get some work in during the christmas holidays. It's strange, but I'm not as fond of the pain of tattooing as I am of the piercing pain. It seems simpler and more intense, being pierced, so I look forward to that one more. That said, I really like the finished product of the tattooing process... I dunno, I guess I just need more tattoos to help me make up my mind:D 'Twill indeed be in black and grey. My own artwork once more, for which I shall apologize most profusely to John - I did not draw these images with tattooing in mind and as such they are a pain in the arse (both literally and figuratively) to work on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

The Orangutang is pretty!! Very realistic!

Also agree with you oh so totally about the pain or piercing versus tattoo, Don't mind the piercings pain at all but the tatt killed me, however in love with the finished product ant want more!

Was talking about fairies and tatts and such to my mate last night, showing him pics I like and he went off and made me one! Tis Pretty! Don't know if I'd rather it on my wall or my leg! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

The colours are cool, that would look amazing on your leg.

xtruthx

Hey narco, thanks v much for the praise of the tat:) and to bounty hunter too, cheers:) I'll see yez all at the beers, and you can meet it in person:D
    looking forward to it :) and dammit, i thought the beers was on this wednesday and not next wednesday... bah, only just figured it out...
    Did Mark get the angel with the bazooka in the end? I was there the saturday he and erin were planning it, and I thought it looked pretty cool, and very entertaining!

emm... well, wehn i mentioned my mate mark, twas a different one entirely i was talkign about, but i believe i am making a trip to inkwell again on monday, so suppose can ask him about his bazangel then.
    How was the septum piercing, narco? I'd like to get that done after new year, but I'm worried that a nostril piercing on each side will make for a bit of a crowded breathing airway...

crowded? but you'll have extra holes for the air to get through... *shifty eyes*...

twas grand. i think the worst bit was the cotton bud up my nose, that has got to be one of the most creepy, unpleasant sensations ever. twasn't too sore getting done, and apparently i dont actually have to do anything to help it heal up, which sounds great (given im still looking after my nape piercing and in the middle of a new tattoo, so less effort on my part is a happy thing). it feels pretty cool too... though i have developed a somewhat twitchy rabbit/mouse-like habit, and was less than happy when i woke up on my face this morning...ouchies.

overall though, im really happy with it, very impressed, i love how it's there, and yet invisible unless you're actively looking for it, and i love the general sensations that im getting used to with it in there now.
    Apologies for the overly friendly post, esp. when I've never met any of ye, but I've had this as my home page for months so I figure I know ye quite well by now, even if the opposite isn't true. I look forward to meeting everyone at the beers night. ...also I'm quite drunk... Okay, thank you for your patience:)

as someone who was going out with someone for a year and a half before i ever met them in person.. i count spending time communicating with people online as getting to know them, so i wouldnt worry too much about that one... and you post drunkenly... you definitely can't be too bad, so :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

davey180-I've received another complaint about you.you've already served a one week ban--if you don't calm thhis crap down,the next time its permanent.sort out your problems in pms,not on thread.richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

not yet, I had a customer to deal with, so mark went on the long finger (tehe), will probably get it in the next few days...

narco wrote: »
    emm... well, wehn i mentioned my mate mark, twas a different one entirely i was talkign about, but i believe i am making a trip to inkwell again on monday, so suppose can ask him about his bazangel then.

Drat! Stupid drunken assumption of there being only one Mark at InkWell! Customers can be called mark too, foolish drunken self.
    crowded? but you'll have extra holes for the air to get through... *shifty eyes*...

:D That is a consideration:)
    as someone who was going out with someone for a year and a half before i ever met them in person.. i count spending time communicating with people online as getting to know them, so i wouldnt worry too much about that one... and you post drunkenly... you definitely can't be too bad, so :D

Marvellous:) I shall see you at the beers so. Which are also, incidentally, on the last night of my exams. Perfect timing yay!

hot2def wrote: »
    not yet, I had a customer to deal with, so mark went on the long finger (tehe), will probably get it in the next few days...

If at any point he's not looking, quickly do the smoke! He won't be able to get cross with you cos you'll have a gun!

Oh my goodness, I made modblog! www.bodytwo.com/blog/

woot well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Oh my goodness, I made modblog! www.bodytwo.com/blog/

Well done! I'm jealous :)

• Advertisement

I'm still a little shocked! I went on and saw 'orangutan tattoo' and thought balls, someone's beaten me to it. But lo, it was me!
    *giggles insanely a little*

That's class and you even got in the good modblog too XD Amazing tattoo def. deserving of being modblogged. It pretty much made my mind up for me that I want John to do my other sleeve.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I've narrowed it down to one of these three, and am gonna get it done with Denise in Snakebite! Still undecided as to which, but I LOVE the ribbons one!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

On a completely different, non-fighting, what-this-thread-was-originally-about note, here are some pictures of my orangutan tattoo, a little bit flaky and itchy as hell, 1 month after the first session, 1 week after the last. I'm incredibly happy with it:D
    First picture is a bit blurry, but not too bad, and the second picture shows its location (ignore the tummy please)
    And please note - it's an ape, not a monkey!

That turned out even better than I thought it could!!! It's a lovely piece, so happy it's gone so well for ya! :)

I think the leaves are my favourite part the shading on them is amazing. Can anyone post some more of John's work please? I really want to see some more of it.

xtruthx

ill try get my mate to post his he got on saturday up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ive just got a pm from a member regarding possible slanderous accusastions against their business.Ive deleted every post by Davey180 until this matter is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

LeRack. Polkadotmushroomfairy. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

had this done a week ago nearly healed any better?:confused:

• Advertisement

its not gonna change much man, just keep it out of the sun to keep the colours nice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement