Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah this thread is up to 70 pages now... If you start at the start and work your way through there are tonnes of tattoos here! :) Happy browsing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

i've already been through the 70 pages lol. Shows how busy at work i am!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Yeah this thread is up to 70 pages now.

Only 35 to those in the know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

ah bah! 70 makes it look better!
    phi3 just go to page one, then look at the links/attch's to see ours, don't stop to read all pages, but yeah, if you've been through em all, bmezine.com is good, bmeink.com too

hey, thinkin of gettin this tatt, i dont want a big tatt tho, so i was wondering if this would be too detailed to get small, around 1-2 inches high i gess???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

At 2 inches high it should be fine. 2.5 would be better. Its cool!

ya i'm deciding between that and another one at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

You should probably alter it at least a bit, make it your own- it's not really nice to copy someone else's tattoo.

ya i agree, i wouldnt want the same tattoo as anyone anyway. I only found the image yesterday. I'd take out the colour in the background anyway for a start.

K this is now the tatt i want. Its gona be about 2.5 inches diameter. I hope they'll be able to do it coz i dunno whether the treble clefs are too small or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Gauge wrote: »
    You should probably alter it at least a bit, make it your own- it's not really nice to copy someone else's tattoo.

I think thats a piece of flash so copy away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Caped Crusader

Hi All, Here are some pics after the second session on my sleeve. Hope ye enjoy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

CIMG2309.jpg

So it's a tongue web piercing.

Trying to decide whether to change it to a bar? for purposes of getting my tongue and labret pierced..

Opinions would be welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

labret wont effect it at all, and neither should a tongue piercing. might be less hassle with a bar though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

Wilburt wrote: »
    labret wont effect it at all, and neither should a tongue piercing. might be less hassle with a bar though

mmm , have a feeling I'd catch the ring in the bottom of the tongue bar.. I mess aorund with it alot..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

worry about it when/if you get it pierced, piercer will let you know. just for comforts sake id change it to a bar, as you said catching it on the tongue bar would be unfortunate

N1njapirate the web looks well! :)
    I'd say the bar would pose less complications though I'd only change it if/when you get your tongue done, till then, it looks good! :)

Caped Crusader it looks like it's coming along nicely! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

mmm , have a feeling I'd catch the ring in the bottom of the tongue bar.. I mess aorund with it alot..
    mate of mine has tongue, web and lip done, none of them affect eachother, having said that, she has about 30 piercings, and only two of them ever gave her trouble, belly button got infected, that was grand, but the web was infected and sore for months on end after, said it was the sorest piercings she ever got...

how long you had it done? any trouble with it?

OK when I put this up first it was only healing and a bad picture but I got no comments good or bad. I'm posting it again as I would like feedback. I'm not entirely happy with it and I may have the dragon continue around onto my back a bit as that side looks uneven.

Basically it signifies the constant battle between good and bad that we face in our daily decisions. :o Yin and Yang is the balance with the dragon being the bad influence and the tiger being the good influence. They are constantly staring at each other as this battle never ends. Deep eh! Can anyone spot the ironic mistake.

91755755a1db15fdcf08d3b6b11abdfd6e8f55.jpg

Ironic mistake? I dunno...

Looks good, but you need a little bit of a touch up around the edges of the black part, as I'm sure you noticed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Quattroste wrote: »
    OK when I put this up first it was only healing and a bad picture but I got no comments good or bad. I'm posting it again as I would like feedback. I'm not entirely happy with it and I may have the dragon continue around onto my back a bit as that side looks uneven.

Basically it signifies the constant battle between good and bad that we face in our daily decisions. :o Yin and Yang is the balance with the dragon being the bad influence and the tiger being the good influence. They are constantly staring at each other as this battle never ends. Deep eh! Can anyone spot the ironic mistake.

Could it be that the dragon represents Yang energy but in the tattoo its on the Yin side ?

Yeah gonna get that fixed. Don't know why he did that. He said he wanted lighter shading around the tiger to give the tiger definition but must have just missed the edges.

DinoBot wins. How about that. I wait 18 years to make sure I really want a tattoo. Put a lot of thought into the design and then the artist makes a mistake like that! Hah aint life great :D

Quattroste wrote: »
    DinoBot wins. How about that. I wait 18 years to make sure I really want a tattoo. Put a lot of thought into the design and then the artist makes a mistake like that! Hah aint life great :D

I wouldnt worry about a detail like that. Plus Im not sure if the tiger is Yin anyhow.

I know the tiger is earth and protector of the west and the dragon is water and the protector of the east. I think you at least have them on the right side. But dont let stuff like that put you off. Some people are very strict about the whole thing like never having blossoms and snakes in the same tattoo as the snake is in hibernation when the blossoms fall.
    But hey, feck all that. I say whatever looks good, go for it.

On the tat, Id look at trying to fill out the dragon and tiger more, they look a bit lost with just the heads

I agree DinoBot. I'm don't really give a sh!t about the mistake. I'm not that fussy.

I find the YinYang too big so I was thinking of getting the Dragon especially, filled out more and maybe some more shading with the tiger.

Sabir wrote: »
    Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,
    I may be mistaken, but isn't that spam links in your sig? ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

CIMG2309.jpg

So it's a tongue web piercing.

Trying to decide whether to change it to a bar? for purposes of getting my tongue and labret pierced..

Opinions would be welcome!

I like it,
    Very rare to see a tongue web that actually suits someone,
    Who did it for you?

Hi,

Been really busy in work making my boss even richer so haven't had a chance to take new pics. Got some more color done. As always, comments welcome :D

DSC02040.jpg

DSC02042.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Caped Crusader

Jesus Dino, I haven't seen the earlier pics but that looks great. The colours really spark on that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I know this probably doesn't belong here, but eh. These are too pretty not to shove in people's faces.

custominearwe6.jpg

I looooove custom jewellery!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement