Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭boss^is^dead

hehe I thought you were just ignoring me! :P shockin!!

seamas's party way back when! ^^ I'm just tryin to make the rest of the dudes here jealous I guess! :D

2 friggin years! I have a while to get my suit dry cleaned so! ;) Hey I'm gettin a koi fish on the inside of my bicep next!probably in the next 2 or 3 weeks seein as my birthday is on the 1st of feb! was great seein ye the other night by the way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

wicked i love koi's!!!

ah yes that party!!! haha that was some crazy night... all i remember is me makin scampi for ye at 4am and ais lockin triona in the cupboard! ah good times!

im gettin another soon.... gettin all my side done in stars (a continuation from the side boob one!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

First Tat, Was 16. But am happy with how it turned out. i got the image in my head, Then put it on paper went in to Dragon tatoos in town and explained how i would like it to look, I got to say she did a good job,

Took 3 hours, Was starting to like the pain, Can see why people like getting tats :P

its on my arm,

tat1mh3.th.jpg

tat2vu6.th.jpg

tat3du6.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

literally haven't been on the boards in years, but thought i'd share the latest with everyone. i asked would it hurt more than the ribs and was told no but he lied and i was in tears getting it done. i still want to get background done, and i have €300 worth of vouchers to help me with that!

l_cc17c1c66c2ed8fda531e76f20a00806.jpg

l_9adb1c7c232d2545b0ed407dfb6d1f6b.jpg#

it's meant to look all watercolouredy. i love it. a prize for whoever guesses where it's from!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Oh that's stunnin! :D I love the style of it!!! :D

What kinda background are you thinking of?

• Advertisement

i was thinking really brush-work like cherry blossom branches, kind of like this:

stephaniesm.jpg

but done delicately and lightly so they don't take away from the main picture

>.< any other ideas?! it won't be done for a while mind you. it was the worst tattoo experience i've ever had, it was so painful and the most itchy, but halfway through the healing stage i discovered tattoo goo and was so delighted!

if anyone is looking for a good cream for healing your tattoo i really recommend it. it's bright green and smells like lavender and is so soothing.

i get it in celestial ring (i hate the new name!) in stephen's green. it's good to use on old tattoos aswell to brighten up the colour a bit

care_tattoogoo.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

you live pretty close to me, im in terenure.
    who is doing the tattoo? im thinking jani but have doubts, dont have a clue where its from

mark in celestial, jani is amazing, but i've got the majority of mine done by mark and trust him.

he's a brilliant artist, he free handed my ribs and made the perfect design after i gave him the detailed description of wanting something japanese with wind!

very cool, a suggestion would be maybe having an autumnal season in the background with petal flying about and some more wind maybe stemming from your side piece :)

yeah he actually suggested connecting the two, might do that!
    do you have any yourself?

• Advertisement

tattoos? yeah mines back in the thread somewhere, dig it out if ya want, its a maori side piece

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

new years resolution "more posting less lurking"

My toys

metal-things.jpg

haha, took me years to find it! nice tho, who did it?

Michele from art tattoo in templebar.

i've never even heard of that or is that the one upstairs above that hippy shop!?

its above cafe irie, which is above the hippy shop i think. its on fownes street, just off central bank

yeah that's the one, never knew it's name!

learn something new everyday :p

Blazher wrote: »
    First Tat, Was 16. But am happy with how it turned out. i got the image in my head, Then put it on paper went in to Dragon tatoos in town.

i got my first there..... i had some young fella doin mine was very happy wit them there.....

@tread softly: that tatt is savage!!!! cherry blossoms would look wicked behind it. post up pics of the rest of yours!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

miss enzo wrote: »
    i got my first there..... i had some young fella doin mine was very happy wit them there.....

This wouldn't be the one on your rib would it, ( Lucky fella : )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Master-Decoy

@tread softly:ink looks amazing,although I have no idea what it's from!looks like rival schools or something. post up your others!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Here's my first (and only so far) tattoo - got it done in Vibe in Sligo about 2 months ago, phot is from the day I got it:

4259347679a5943234457l.jpg

It's based (broadly) on my clan mon from Legend of the Five Rings. I;m thinking of getting this next, it's my family mon from the game:
    Shosuro.jpg

Blazher wrote: »
    This wouldn't be the one on your rib would it, ( Lucky fella : )

nope not my rib one but it was a fella that done that one too!!! was kinda awkward tryin to keep my modesty!!! ;)

modesty is over-rated

sorry for poor quality of photos

i1.jpg
    very first tattoo i got when i was 18. obv on the lower back cuz i'm a girl and a stereotype. by the bald guy in classic ink, can't remember his name!

i2.jpg
    second, on my shoulder, done by the same guy

i3.jpg
    Third, my moogle on my ankle, first one i got done by mark in celestial and i've stuck with him ever since.

i4.jpg
    wind and cherry blossoms that mark free handed

i5.jpg
    Kon from bleach on my other ankle

i6.jpg
    my boyfriend's name in japanese on my wrist.

and of course my back, which is from the video game okami!!!

just realised how messy my room looks. lovely bulmers can visible in the last picture and all ready to be skulled on the next night out! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Some savage tattoos there Tread Softly. Really loving the back piece. It's absolutely gorgeous. Looks really really well done too. Well done for finding someone who did such a good job on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

sorry for poor quality of photos
    Never easy (due to anatomical constraints and inability to check the focus) to take pics of yourself, we all have this problem so don't worry.:)
    Third, my moogle on my ankle, first one i got done by mark in celestial and i've stuck with him ever since.
    Took me a minute to remember where I knew moogle from, kupo!:D

Will have to try take and post pics of at least one of my 2 new UV text (got them just before Xmas) tattoos, with and without UV, once the scarring finishes fading (probably another month or so). If nothing else it'd give people a proper idea of what to expect from the UV ink.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Actually just got myself a digital SLR, so anyone looking for pics taken of their pieces I can do it for them. :)

[ps - just remembered someone else offering something similar last week... don't wanna tread on their toes! I can't offer the studio thing, but I'd do them for free]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Master-Decoy

farohar wrote: »
    Never easy (due to anatomical constraints and inability to check the focus) to take pics of yourself, we all have this problem so don't worry.:)

Took me a minute to remember where I knew moogle from, kupo!:D

Will have to try take and post pics of at least one of my 2 new UV text (got them just before Xmas) tattoos, with and without UV, once the scarring finishes fading (probably another month or so). If nothing else it'd give people a proper idea of what to expect from the UV ink.

awww please post up some UV tats! suck a wicked idea! I'd love to have something done on my neck but I dont have the balls to get it in black ink.if there was a subtle scar looking thing from the UV i'd be on for that! PICS PICS PICS! lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement