Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

awww please post up some UV tats! suck a wicked idea! I'd love to have something done on my neck but I dont have the balls to get it in black ink.if there was a subtle scar looking thing from the UV i'd be on for that! PICS PICS PICS! lol

It sounds like the titanium white UV ink might be of interest to you so as certainly on my skintone (it'll vary depending on your skintone) it does just tend to look like scar tissue, slightly raised and paler than the rest, but the difference is slight so no-one has actually noticed the one on my left arm even though the lower half of it was exposed all summer last year when I was wearing T-shirts.
    Not great pics but I have pics of part of the one on my left arm here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055142733

As the new ones are on the side of the torso it might be easier to get good pics of them (feel free to wait for better pics, just please don't nag :), last thing you want to do is get a tattoo that you reget since waiting to get one you're happy with is far easier & cheaper than getting one done and then removed).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

My First tattoo by Mark in Celestial Ring. He's a lovely fella, and super at colours :) Have it about 2 years now, and I'm still in love with it... Don't mind all the goo...
    Tattoo.jpg

You've seen my other tattoos, the skulls on my arms...

My ear... the first has since been stretched further :D
    SA400023.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

jenizzle wrote: »
    My First tattoo by Mark in Celestial Ring.

he strikes again! and i'm so happy you're not calling it wildcat either!

Those UV tattoos are weird, they look deadly tho, i didn't realise they would do that over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lauralinda32

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=103846925&albumId=0

my ink, some Ive done, most has been done on me!
    Some by : Karen Russell, Mick Dalton, Tara Martin (at Zulu in Dublin)
    All recomended artists! if you can find em ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

the dotwork on someones foot is pretty intense

• Advertisement

all the stuff I do is by hand, takes ages and really hurts! well..depending on yer pain threshold!!
    Im always lookin for ideas for new stuff though? not all drawings can translate well into dotwork..

traditional hand poking you mean?

yep, I use chopsticks! Xed le Hed from IN2U (London) gave me some tips a few years back and I took it up. Been at it about 5 years I think..

I chopsticked my nipple once, story for another day.
    Xed le Head is pretty famous for his dot work too...

haha oh dear!

He is an amazing tattooist, but a bit mental! took about 6 hours to do my stars on my heels, but I learned lots and got to tattoo my mate whose arm he as colouring in black haha (another story!!)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

new sternum piercing, done by Mark in V Piercings. Lovely place, lovely experience. Was totally scared cos I got my sternum pierced before, it wasn't pierced right (done in Wildcat, usually great for piercings), never healed and eventually rejected.

This one is much happier with the different placement!

P1000299.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

cool! keep us updated on how the healing of that goes, it's one i've been interested in for a good while, but don't have the money to spend on getting smoething done that may or may not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Hey, does it hurt more to get some colour in a tattoo or is it all the same? Hopefully i'll have a tatt to post soon!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

Nope, its not the colour that hurts but the needle/machine set up. The same machine will be used to put the colours in regardless of what colour you are getting.

Cool thanks. I dont even know what colours i can get. Ar all colours available? I just want to have as much info as possible before i do it.

colour is a walk in the park compared to outlines ¬_¬

dont scare me!!!! I mite get it done on good friday coz i'll be off work. The pain would seem appropriate :D

ah it's not three bad depending on your pain threshold and where you're getting it done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Goat Mouth

I can tell you first hand if you're getting your tatt on your crotch or anywhere near... expect the pain, alot of pain!
    Outline was the worst
    shading was grand, was just a little scraping, like running your fingernail hard over your skin!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you're getting solid, bold colour and getting your fill feels like that then it's not very deep, and will probably need touched up a lot sooner.

If it's shading/graduated/fading effects then it has to be lighter and that's normal for it to feel like that.

• Advertisement

do tattoos generally tend to fade?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

it depends on the tattoo, placing and how well you look after it how much it fades. if you get it done on a joint, eg elbow, ankle bone, it will quite likely fade quite a bit, and you should ideally keep it covered in suncream when you go out to prevent the colours fading in the sun.

also, i found, and this could just be the placement and that, but for the one on my ankle/calf, the bits that were filled in, with colour were the most painful, and the hardest to heal. anyone who knows what it looks like... the red and black bits at the back were killer, and can still feel the texture of it now, and his hair, though not so painful, is a bit harder to heal now too.

ok, now i'm confused, I want to get the tatt on my calf. I want it mainly black maybe with a bit of colour or lighter shade. Is the calf not a good idea???

calf is grand, what you getting done?

its a bit of text with some base clefs. I dont have a pic now coz i drew it at work

sounds grand, as long as you're definitely happy with it.

and don't be worried about the pain thing, it's different for everyone else, and anyway, no matter how much it fecking hurts, you'll definitely be coming back fo more!

this is the tatt i wanna get on my calf...............?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Dont worry about the pain of getting it done on your calf, the pain comes the next day when you try to walk. The first 2-3 days after getting it is a killer, all the muscles in your calf are sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Melion wrote: »
    Dont worry about the pain of getting it done on your calf, the pain comes the next day when you try to walk. The first 2-3 days after getting it is a killer, all the muscles in your calf are sore.
    Haha yeah, I remember when I got my first one on my calf (pics back on the first page of this thread I think) and I got out of bed the next morning, got halfway across the room and fell over when all the blood went to my leg. Hurt to walk for a day or two. Ouchy times.

• Advertisement

but it would hurt the next few days wherever you get it done wouldnt it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement