Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

phi3 wrote: »
    but it would hurt the next few days wherever you get it done wouldnt it?
    Most likely yeah. Just in some places it's a kinda stinging surface pain and in others it feels deeper and sorer, I thought the calf was definitely the latter kind of pain. That's been my experience anyway, everyone's body is different and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 fps

Eoin in Rathmines did it - a few hours here and a few hours there over the last god-knows-how-long.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

phi3 wrote: »
    but it would hurt the next few days wherever you get it done wouldnt it?

Yeah, the one on my wrist hurt for maybe a day afterwards. The one on the calf was a totally different kind of pain though. As Rain On said, when i stood up to get ready for work the next day i couldnt walk properly at all. Was very sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

fps wrote: »
    Eoin in Rathmines did it - a few hours here and a few hours there over the last god-knows-how-long.

That's just mad. Mad I tell ye. Very nice at that but your mad! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

fps wrote: »

i'd love to see that closer up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Not nearly as impressive as all yours! I know its not the best pic but I think its cute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Finally done! I'm so pleased with how it turned out... It's only done a few hours so still very red! Gordon in Tattoo (Galway) did a great job me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

is that a scar star above it queen???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

looks like white ink to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's white ink.

• Advertisement

It was a blood outline initially, but he added the white ink at the end...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

nice!! i cant wait to get my stars finished!!! must get my ass in gear and get them done soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

why stars?

KlodaX wrote: »
    why stars?

why not? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

colour is a walk in the park compared to outlines ¬_¬

Do ya think so, I got a full Celtic motif done there which covers the inside of my forum from wrist to elbow, I had my first two and a half hour session there on Saturday night, got the whole outline done with no problems. The filling was by far and away the most painful, I'm not looking forward to the next session to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

The Queen wrote: »
    why not? :D

because it seems to be a current fashion trend and tattoos are permenant

don't get me wrong .. they look pretty ... but then so do legwarmers untill everyone is wearing them ... then they get annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I have big full color stars, ftw

where FTW is F**k the world, I don't care what teenage girls are doing right now, not my problem....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Its Of A White Tiger. This Was Done In Colourworks In Temple Bar. Sorry Bout The Bad Quality Pic, Its Off A Mobile Phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

hot2def wrote: »
    I have big full color stars, ftw

where FTW is F**k the world, I don't care what teenage girls are doing right now, not my problem....

What do you mean by full colour? Picture? I've got three a nautical on my ankle and two solid black outline stars on my shoulders.

xtruthx

full colour as in coloured in stars, not just outlines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Its Of A White Tiger. This Was Done In Colourworks In Temple Bar. Sorry Bout The Bad Quality Pic, Its Off A Mobile Phone!

Looks pretty good, particularly like the shading under the tiger too, makes it stand out a lot better! Would like to see a better pic of it though!

Wilburt wrote: »
    full colour as in coloured in stars, not just outlines

I took it to mean that the stars are filled in, possibly with nu-skool colours as opposed to just black.

How's LA?

KlodaX wrote: »
    because it seems to be a current fashion trend and tattoos are permenant

don't get me wrong .. they look pretty ... but then so do legwarmers untill everyone is wearing them ... then they get annoying

Well, I have always wanted stars, And these ones represent something personal to me.

Also, legwarmers never look pretty. Ever.

LA is good Damo, full colour to me = colouredy in stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Will Try To Get A Better One For Ya Damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

Here's some of my tats, been meaning to post them up for a good while.

The Girl in Green is the start of a sleeve. Bugs formerly Evil from the Needle, now in Hollywood is doing it.
    The Eye/Octopus was done by Paul Booth, Last Rites, NYC, its on my lower leg
    The Skull Octopus and the Octopus with the blue eye are under my hips to just above my knees. They were done by Robert Hernandez, Vittamin Tattoo, Spain.

All Custom and Freehand

Apologies for the Low Res Pics. They came out a bit scewed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Don't worry, the pics look good.:)

Good shading on the tattoos, think the Octopus with the blue eye would be my favourite.
    What inspired the Skull Octopus, seems an odd combination of things, to me, since octopii have no bones?

Here's some of my tats, been meaning to post them up for a good while.

The Girl in Green is the start of a sleeve. Bugs formerly Evil from the Needle, now in Hollywood is doing it.
    The Eye/Octopus was done by Paul Booth, Last Rites, NYC, its on my lower leg
    The Skull Octopus and the Octopus with the blue eye are under my hips to just above my knees. They were done by Robert Hernandez, Vittamin Tattoo, Spain.

All Custom and Freehand

Apologies for the Low Res Pics. They came out a bit scewed also.

They're awesome! Fantastic shading and detail on all of them!
    The girl in green has a wonderful almost art deco feel to it IMHO
    The Octopii all have fantastic shading, particularly the skull one, but the as with Farohar, the blue eye one would be my favourite.

One tiny little thing with the Skull-octopus that may be just the photo, but the tentacle coming from the nasal cavity, where it passes the other tentacle, I think it lacks a little definition, the shading is a little too soft, looks like it may need a little touch up to bring up the seperation between the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

Thanks for the feedback lads.

The girl in the green dress is Art Deco. It is based on a painting by Tamara De Lempecka, who was an Art Deco artist in the 1920's. I got Bugs who is well known for his art deco work to do it because of this.

The Skull and Octopus is a weird one alright. I actually planned to get the octopus crawling inside a Skull, but I let Robert do his own thing. If you are familiar with his work you will see where is is coming from with this, his stuff can be very surreal.

Haven't noticed the tentacle before, but it does look off in the photo. I'll have a look at my leg later to see if it is just the photo. I am going over to Robert to get a bit more work done on the octopi in the next few months so can get it sorted out then.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd say it's just a case of getting the edge of the shading made a bit more solid to create more definition between the tentacle and the one above it, should be no more than a couple of minutes to do I'd say. They're all deadly though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement