Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

KlodaX wrote: »
    why stars?

cause i already have stars on my ribs i just wanna get em continued. i also have one on my ankle and 3 around a fairy on my back....

i get what i want not what i think others will like :D

plus i like legwarmers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

Its pretty annoying having to explain stars to everyone. "why stars?" bah!Stars because I don't believe in ghosts,and as such won't be getting a crucifix or holy mary any time soon. My head is in the clouds when it comes to life and what comes after.I find more solace in thinking that when I die my energy is simply expelled back to the universe and the ether and I don't expect to be sitting on a cloud with wings eating philadelphia on a bagel.
    So my stars, all six of them, represent my willingness to believe what I want about myself,this life and the lack of another one to look forward to. As a previous poster said, its not my concern what the kids are doing nowadays.I dont cut my hair a certain way because everyone else does,its because it looks good. And if something is "all the rage" now, it means it will eventually be "out of fashion" but that wont change the way I look at my tats,because they're on me and a part of me forever,much like the universe and the world that surrounds us I guess. Now where's my copy of new scientist.... :cool:

Oh and Eire_tattoo, love the tats man, very ****ing nice! When I saw your name I thought you'd be riddled with celtic knots, very cool to see the style your creating for yourself,and inked by booth himself....damn you...! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

My first tat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

cute frog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

Oh and Eire_tattoo, love the tats man, very ****ing nice! When I saw your name I thought you'd be riddled with celtic knots, very cool to see the style your creating for yourself,and inked by booth himself....damn you...! ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dilligaf. Yeah I have used the name eire_tattoo on a few sites and then I copped on that an "eire tattoo" is one with an Irish Flag etc, which I am not a fan of at all. I have no celtic knots either.

Yeah getting inked by Booth was class. The tat he done needs some more work. I hope to get him to do my whole lower leg over next year or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Bro got this done on Thursday in Irish ink.
    tat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Second nostril piercing...
    DSC00443.JPG

This is my third time getting my nose pierced and goddamn, it hurts more everytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

garthv wrote: »
    Second nostril piercing...
    DSC00443.JPG

This is my third time getting my nose pierced and goddamn, it hurts more everytime!

:D Woh. Can you get a closer pic :p

I didn't know nose piercings hurt that much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Quattroste wrote: »
    :D Woh. Can you get a closer pic :p

I didn't know nose piercings hurt that much!

Aye, the worst was when I got my first nose piercing re-pierced after leaving it close up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Nose piercings just flat out suck. So stingy and teary-eye inducing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Em_2008

This is my first tatoo.. i have another but if anyone i know was on here n seen it i'd die lol

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/8176/dsc00366np9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Em_2008 wrote: »
    This is my first tatoo.. i have another but if anyone i know was on here n seen it i'd die lol

Oh, now you have my attention :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

My first one
    203290560a2359254055b154433305l.jpg

and its location
    203290560a5608080795l.jpg

My second one
    203290560a2540244673b868616016l.jpg

and its location
    203290560a5608080783l.jpg

Nice clean looking even, parrallel lines on the tribal/celtic one ShayK, where'd ya get it done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i finally got a new one but the effort of pictures:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Goat Mouth

ShayK1 wrote: »
    My first one
    203290560a2359254055b154433305l.jpg

What does it translate too? I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

It means 'house' in Japanese. Or maybe it's meant to be Chinese hanzi, but I'm sure it'd still mean the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

It's Mandarin but it actually means Home not House. The character is called jiā.

家 jiā : -ist; -er; -ian; home; family; a person engaged in a certain art or profession; measure word for stores and schools.

Thats the dictionary entry for it so I'm not sure if it is the right character to have gone for but just add 园(yuán) and I think that could fix it jiā yuán means home or homestead.

xtruthx

Ok that's nice. But how do you know that the tattoo-ee above wasn't going for the kanji meaning as opposed to the hanzi meaning?

I have studied Japanese, and the character means 'house' as well as 'home', as well as other things, as I'm sure you know, being knowledgeable about Mandarin and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I have no knowledge of Japanese so it could be correct in Kanji but I think it could be correct in a very literal sense like it is in Mandarin but not technically correct. THere's a Confucius Institute in UCD that might help you out if you want to learn more they offer evening courses. The Mandarin for house is 房 (fáng) so it's definetely home and not house in Mandarin.

xtruthx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Got mine done a few months ago, but the only pic I have was taken straight afterwards.

Tattoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

That looks familiar? Is that Warhammer or something? Any pics of it healed?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Its actually my family crest, modernised a little, which was borrowed by warhammer, it seems.

None of it healed, never got around to it (pardon the pun).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

it looks like a nazi symbol

HI HITLER

Nazi symbol? No it doesn't. The two headed eagle is a common emblem through the ages. It appears on national flags of some Balkan states.

And it's 'heil', not 'hi'.

It doesn't look like the nazi eagle, the nazi one looks like this:
    134401380_6cf51f56d9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

it looks like a nazi symbol

HI HITLER

I just pictured all the Nazi's at a mass rally saying "Hi Hitler!!, as if they bumped into a mate walking down the street.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement