Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Heil_Hitler.gif

<3 Viri

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I just pictured all the Nazi's at a mass rally saying "Hi Hitler!!, as if they bumped into a mate walking down the street.
    Or at an AA meeting:
    -"Hi, I'm Hitler and I'm an alcoholic."
    -"Hi, Hitler!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Iguana Bob

this looks kinda cool, if anyone lookin for ideas
    GothicArt-DarkFairy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Silverfish wrote: »
    Got mine done a few months ago, but the only pic I have was taken straight afterwards.

Tattoo.jpg

By the look of that thing on your back, you defo have some deep nazi roots

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Well, you're wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

ShayK1 wrote: »
    My first one
    203290560a2359254055b154433305l.jpg

and its location
    203290560a5608080795l.jpg

My second one
    203290560a2540244673b868616016l.jpg

and its location
    203290560a5608080783l.jpg

hi just asking how do you post the pics like that as i use attachments which is messy when you post yours are neatlty done?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

And you're 'defo' banned for a week for abusing another poster.

IMO it's just an unfortunately coincidence that her tattoo looks rather similar to the Nazi eagle but that doesn't give you the right to label her a Nazi! She already said it was based on some art from Warhammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

eth0_ wrote: »
    She already said it was based on some art from Warhammer.

Based on her family crest, but something similar is used on various flags and may have been adapted to warhammer I believe was the gist of it. But good call on that ban for sure, that kinda crap is uncalled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

It's the Imperial Eagle from Warhammer 40,000 isn't it? That or from the flag of Albania/Tsarist Russia/whoever else

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Sean7 wrote: »
    It's the Imperial Eagle from Warhammer 40,000 isn't it? That or from the flag of Albania/Tsarist Russia/whoever else

No, its my family crest..... two headed raven....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

why cant people just accept what silverfish is saying, cant believe some of the responses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

Thats a real nice tattoo. It looks absolutely nothing like a Nazi eagle.

Aside from that, the nazi's only borrowed their motifs from other cultures. People mostly see the Eagles and Swastika's through nazi imagery so that is all they associate them with. The Swastika was around 100's of years before the nazi's. I have seen a lot of people with Swastika tattoo's that have nothing to do with nazi's or racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

its a peaceful symbol in india, but it goes the other direction if you get what i mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

I think it looks wicked!! Really symmetrical and solid looking! Nazi comments are completely uncalled for,especially here! And yeah it looks pure warhammer,like the blood angels crest. Here's a pic of some work I had done today.going up on thursday to finish it off so I guess i'll repost then or whatever. and please,there's no need to go slagging it off,if you dont like it,just skip over,im not looking for appreciation,just to share,ta very much

Paul.jpg

again ill repost in a few days when i get the rest worked on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

^Deadly, can't wait to see the rest of it :)
    Gauge wrote: »
    Nose piercings just flat out suck. So stingy and teary-eye inducing!

The piercing itself is fine...until it gets infected...and then it HURTS!:(

Had to take it out in the end, twas not a pretty sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

well the actual piercing itself, was the worst bit, i thought, from the cotton buds up your nose, to the needle going through and making the tears leak.

how did it get infected, i have to ask? i didnt give mine any aftercare except that i wasnt allowe dto poke at it for a little while. i thought your nose kinda tended to clean itself out.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I found that my septum healed pretty quickly and without fuss, but my nostril healed with less success. There was a tiny keloid (I think - either that or I have weird cartilage) on the inside, which made blowing my nose a bitch. The outside was relatively ok, except for that I think mine migrated somewhat, leaving a little red mark on my nose. I kept the piercing for a couple of years, and now a couple of years later it's all healed up, with only a tiny bump on the inside remaining.

I can't remember how sore the procedure was, but seeing as that's the case, it probably wasn't very sore at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

dilligaf: solid work there :D you gonna put more colour in it i hope :D

how did it get infected, i have to ask? i didnt give mine any aftercare except that i wasnt allowe dto poke at it for a little while. i thought your nose kinda tended to clean itself out.:confused:

I cleaned it three times a day with the saline but I got a stud so it kept falling out. It closed up twice and I repierced it with a safety pin. I held the pin in a flame but obviously not for long enough :(

yeah I'll be getting the rest finished on thursday so I'll repost then! ^^ I'm a little unsure about color, I think I might get bits of red or something, I want it to finish it kinda like this: http://harlanm.deviantart.com/art/Koi-Tattoo-68562271

basically just a little color on the cherryblooms! im not sure.I can always get a load of color added at some point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Dilligaf, thats real nice man! Can't wait to see it finished.

thanks alot dude,all good feedback is always welcome! Can't wait to finish it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

I cleaned it three times a day with the saline but I got a stud so it kept falling out. It closed up twice and I repierced it with a safety pin. I held the pin in a flame but obviously not for long enough :(

>_< was this a septum piercing, or one at the side of the nostril?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

DILLIGAF wrote: »
    I think it looks wicked!! Really symmetrical and solid looking! Nazi comments are completely uncalled for,especially here! And yeah it looks pure warhammer,like the blood angels crest. Here's a pic of some work I had done today.going up on thursday to finish it off so I guess i'll repost then or whatever. and please,there's no need to go slagging it off,if you dont like it,just skip over,im not looking for appreciation,just to share,ta very much

Paul.jpg

Very nice, did Vinny do it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

DILLIGAF wrote: »
    Paul.jpg

That's pretty freakin sweet! :)
    I love the way that you've worked both the dragon and the koi in there, and it'll look awesome when it's finished!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

holy crap... no amount of putting a flame on a needle will sterilize it! Owwie!

Oh no this was side of the nostril- wasn't sore at all until it got infected

Very nice, did Vinny do it for you?

Yeah! The guy is a ****ing wizard! Plus he's really accommodating! Like when he came out to us just to see if we were ok and we started pitching ideas(my mate got some touch up work the same day) you could tell he genuinely interested in what we were asking for! I had said it was important to me to get the dragon in their too to complete to the whole koi fish story,and that I wanted a sleeve done! I literally only said a few bits to him(im kinda shy like that :P) and then I tried sending him some stuff on bebo but I he didnt actually get it in time.So when I arrived up on the day I wasn't sure if what he would have drawn would have been right for me or whatever.But as soon as I saw it,I just knew straight out that it's what I wanted! ^^ I can't wait to get it finished and then get hannya mask on my chest that kinda links with this one!Vinny rules, and what a sound guy!
    That's pretty freakin sweet! :)
    I love the way that you've worked both the dragon and the koi in there, and it'll look awesome when it's finished!

Thanks dude,as above,I just wanted to try and complete the whole koi fish story and my own kinda coming of age,deciding what to do with my life,it's all relative! ^^ I'll post up when it's all done later this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 MyDseMkesAngels

Here's mine. It's too tiny. I'm seriously considering getting it removed and put back on bigger. It's writing, it says "Dea" with a heart at the end and a "#" in the D.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff18/mydosemakesangels/misc/IMG_0020-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Nice clean looking even, parrallel lines on the tribal/celtic one ShayK, where'd ya get it done?

JMDs in Waterford.
    Highly recommend that place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement