Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

lol yeah its one of the studios! ^^ lookin wicked now cause the color has settled. one more session on thursday to finish the dragon bit on the top,then a touch up in a few weeks to fix lines and shading! thanks for the comment btw!love it here....except my cal of duty thread :( people giving out to me!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

thats cause ur a big puter nerd paul!

tat looks WICKED! u been pumpin iron with fanta???? LOL gettin some big guns ;)

haha you've got front seat tickets to the gun show! ^^ yeah i have an army application in for the brits so its all fitness and the like! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

DILLIGAF
    how long do reckon that take to do,im looking foward to seeing the finnished work its comming on brillant and you must be braving the pain mate as im next for my big job on may shoulder and chest japanese style!

thanks man! im going back tomorrow for the last session. and then I guess il go back to him in 3 weeks for fine shading and an overall clean up. He's a great artist and drew 2 of them up for me and I picked this one! Altogether, not including the return visit for the touch up, I guess around 7 or 8 hours. Maybe less between breaks and stuff, but thats how long I'm in there for! I'll post a picture tomorrow when im home to show ye the dragon and stuff! i've been looking at his outlined ass for a couple of weeks now so im really excited about finishing up! ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

rizzla wrote: »
    tattie.jpg

My first tattoo, done in Tiki Monkey (Edinburgh) by Kris.

Fair play.

Quite brave to get your first tat on the back of your neck. It seems to be a growing trend recently to get your first tat on your neck or wrist. Talk about jumping in at the deep end :-)

Are you not concerned about limiting your job prospects with such a visible tattoo ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

not gettina job based on tattoos is discrimination!!

@dilligaf..... u joinin the marines like Ollie??? or just the army????

have u pics of fantas new inks????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

DinoBot wrote: »
    Fair play.

Quite brave to get your first tat on the back of your neck. It seems to be a growing trend recently to get your first tat on your neck or wrist. Talk about jumping in at the deep end :-)

Are you not concerned about limiting your job prospects with such a visible tattoo ?

Well, I wear a shirt as part of a uniform in my part-time job and the collar covers the tat nicely. So if I where to get a suit and tie jobby it would be fairly covered.

Plus, I'm doing a degree in Multimedia design so I don't think they frown much on tats.

here she is, white contrast in the picture is a little pale! It's a lot darker I'll take a better pic later on. So happy with it. Back for a full shading touch up in a couple of weeks when its fully healed! The arm has been under some amount of abuse lately!lol

medone.jpg

@Miss Enzo: I've no intention of joining the marines out right, I have the chance to do the AACC course and the full arms course during regular army training so I have the chance to get in alright. But I couldnt deal with the failure if I had to drop out. Ollie is the fittest person I know and even he said it's tough at times! I have a pic of seans one here somewhere ill put it up if he doesnt mind

DILLIGAF wrote: »
    here she is, white contrast in the picture is a little pale! It's a lot darker I'll take a better pic later on. So happy with it. Back for a full shading touch up in a couple of weeks when its fully healed! The arm has been under some amount of abuse lately!lol

medone.jpg

@Miss Enzo: I've no intention of joining the marines out right, I have the chance to do the AACC course and the full arms course during regular army training so I have the chance to get in alright. But I couldnt deal with the failure if I had to drop out. Ollie is the fittest person I know and even he said it's tough at times! I have a pic of seans one here somewhere ill put it up if he doesnt mind
    at last you have it finnished its done very well i hope you are pleased with it.The koi fish and the red dragon is brilliant. il give it10/10 and for the good work from your tattooist well done.So how many hours in total Dilligaf?

• Advertisement

thanks for the comment dude. It took around 6-7 hours and was in 3 sessions. I just threw him the idea, I knew I wanted the fish, but really wanted the dragon in there in order to complete the yellow river/longaman falls/dragon gate myth. Vinny was left with the idea for a week and when I got back he 2 ideas knocked up for me. I know a lot of people like the walk in gripping the picture of exactly what they want, but at the end of the day, an artist is an artist and will need to express what they think will ultimately look the best and suit the customer, and I think, in this instance, Vinny nailed it!! I knew as soon as I saw it that this is something I would gladly fly the flag with until I die. I'm unsure about getting color in it to be honest but i'll wait until it's all healed and go from there. I think color can look pretty gawdy in these and at least the black and white remains classy for as long as I want it to, I can always get it done up at a later stage. The top of it has been left open because I will be extending it onto my chest with a hannya mask and lotus bloom. I'll be getting a geisha/lady vengeance on the inside of my bicep too, my mother is actually currently working on some design ideas for me but I think Vinny already has a concept for the mask in the making! I got it done at Tribe City Tattoos in Galway! First place I went where I really felt comfortable with the artist and his interest in the piece and I'd recommend him and his work to anyone interested in investing in big pieces like this, or the smaller ones for starters(cause lord knows we all want something bigger and better as we go along) the addictive nature of tattoos is undeniable! ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

never heard of that place, i don't think. good to hear of a competent, friendly, enthusiastic artist that side of the countyr. .. usually just hear about how dodgy the piercing places are.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Thats looking very very nice. I like the Koi, very different look of it, almost evil looking. Fits in very well.

thanks for the comment dude. It took around 6-7 hours and was in 3 sessions. I just threw him the idea, I knew I wanted the fish, but really wanted the dragon in there in order to complete the yellow river/longaman falls/dragon gate myth. Vinny was left with the idea for a week and when I got back he 2 ideas knocked up for me. I know a lot of people like the walk in gripping the picture of exactly what they want, but at the end of the day, an artist is an artist and will need to express what they think will ultimately look the best and suit the customer, and I think, in this instance, Vinny nailed it!! I knew as soon as I saw it that this is something I would gladly fly the flag with until I die. I'm unsure about getting color in it to be honest but i'll wait until it's all healed and go from there. I think color can look pretty gawdy in these and at least the black and white remains classy for as long as I want it to, I can always get it done up at a later stage. The top of it has been left open because I will be extending it onto my chest with a hannya mask and lotus bloom. I'll be getting a geisha/lady vengeance on the inside of my bicep too, my mother is actually currently working on some design ideas for me but I think Vinny already has a concept for the mask in the making! I got it done at Tribe City Tattoos in Galway! First place I went where I really felt comfortable with the artist and his interest in the piece and I'd recommend him and his work to anyone interested in investing in big pieces like this, or the smaller ones for starters(cause lord knows we all want something bigger and better as we go along) the addictive nature of tattoos is undeniable! ^^

great!As for the mask issue i hope im not intruding as i said im next for a big job to be done on my right shoulder and chest maybe is what you want done il attach image and see for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

Very Very Nice Tattoo Dilligaf!

thanks for the feedback guys! I like that hannya, but as someone said above, my fish looks evil, and that was important to me, I didn't want it, or the dragon to have a pupil,although the original design did have these in place. I always thought that a vacant eye gave it a strange edge,and makes the animals more of an entity,a representation of each beast, as a pose to an individual character. You get me? Plus I'm a death metal fan and always have been,will be, so it's gotta look a little kick ass! ;) I wont be getting any pupil in my hannya either! And to anyone looking to get some work done and is willing to travel, tribal tattoos in galway, is new enough, but Vinny wasn't born yesterday! I even heard him talking to a girl about some stars. I mean stars are stars,she said what she wanted and where she wanted them,and I heard him pitching her an idea about doing some kind of swirl thing or somehthin like that(i was in the next room) and thats cool like,she seemed happy and wants to roll with it. in my experience most places would just have said, "yeah sound" but he's big into personalizing and customizing his work for people that come to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

you should be apologising for the pose, surely? ;)

hehe! yeah I don't really know what it is we're being shown in that pic! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

hehe! yeah I don't really know what it is we're being shown in that pic! :rolleyes:

Fair point. I was in a hurry to throw it up and the camera wasn't the greatest, couldn't zoom in - I'll get a better shot in a while. And yeah, it was a gay pose - but the tatt only looks decent when stretched a bit.

haha its all good man, if I worked out on my back that much I'd be the same! Good thing I too am like steel under my atire! Molten steel that is! :D I like the color choice by the way! If you kept that idea but went and got a BIG ass addition to extend the whole thing over your shoulder and stuff, then you could be onto something killer and well worth a flex on the beach! ^^ Nice enough though Gerry!

*edit* dude you didn't need to take it down, we weren't being arseholes just havin a chuckle!we're actually just jealous of your traps tbh! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 clownbait

Nice ta see im not the only one confused by your lower cranial decoration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

heres my lame offertries. done in the "mint" circa 1990.
    th_taty.jpg

flanum wrote: »
    heres my lame offertries. done in the "mint" circa 1990.
    th_taty.jpg
    i know your say lame does it mean you dont like it?

ah i do, but looking at other stuff here its a bit lame, now id like to compliment it with a full set of uillean pipes regulators and all going up my back and across the other shoulder and a bit down my arm, but im not getting it done until i graduate to my first set of regs (tenor). thing is, i dont think ive heard of anybody getting similar, (uilleanns are an intricate shaped instrument) so id have to see who would be up to the job.
    (oh im learning the pipes btw).

ah i do, but looking at other stuff here its a bit lame, now id like to compliment it with a full set of uillean pipes regulators and all going up my back and across the other shoulder and a bit down my arm, but im not getting it done until i graduate to my first set of regs (tenor). thing is, i dont think ive heard of anybody getting similar, (uilleanns are an intricate shaped instrument) so id have to see who would be up to the job.
    (oh im learning the pipes btw).

how about these?

they are both actually hbp(highland bagpipes, not uilleann pipes)
    heres uilleanns:(me playing my half set) th_4bebo076.png

heres an intricate look at a segment of the regs: n724285556_2234609_6491.jpg

and the whole shebang! :th_Pipes-newpics015.jpg

and sure heres ganesh playing a full set in a park in wicklow: GaneshP.JPG

it would be very important to me to get the minute details of the pipes down, i would have to bring the pipes into the artist to let him see them, they are not like guitars, each set is hand made and individual, this is why im wondering who would be up for the challenge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

anyone if youve enough dosh man tbqfh

they are both actually hbp(highland bagpipes, not uilleann pipes)
    heres uilleanns:(me playing my half set) th_4bebo076.png

heres an intricate look at a segment of the regs: n724285556_2234609_6491.jpg

and the whole shebang! :th_Pipes-newpics015.jpg

and sure heres ganesh playing a full set in a park in wicklow: GaneshP.JPG

it would be very important to me to get the minute details of the pipes down, i would have to bring the pipes into the artist to let him see them, they are not like guitars, each set is hand made and individual, this is why im wondering who would be up for the challenge?
    i saw the loads of photo of it was hard finding good drawings at least i tried.So as you said bring the pipes down to an artist would be best thing too do as i say no one has them tattooed,you could be the first!

that would be nice, but as i said its a double reward, im not gettin the tattoo till ive earned myself to be able to play at least the tenor reg, then im a piper for life (already am but novice) and i want the tattoo so its going to make me practise to get to that stage... double egging on!! yay!! btw i thought i was the only eejit up at this time of night and what does "tbqfh" mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i came in drunk, my post wasnt really helpful. Eh if youre willing to travel to dublin theres good artists here. do you want it in full colour?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement