Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

havent worked that bit out yet, as i said, until i get my first regs (probably another 12 months if i practice like ****) but no hurry, when im ready ill give one of ye guys in dublin a shout.
    it would be cool to have the only uilleann pipe tat in the world, i think it would be the only one, i know tons of pipers, and this question has been bandied about on all the piping forums and at a lot of festivals/tionals!

but i want the tat for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Audy

Hey all, This is my tatoo. Got it in rememberance of my brother who died ten year ogo this year. He was only fifteen. His fav band was Oasis and we played Live forever at his funeral (thought it was appropriate) And so that explains the tatoo.
    I also want to get another one, Acladdagh band (me and the boyf are getting them) But its really hard to find any example pics on the net? Any Ideas???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

be careful with claddagh tattoo's actually seen a few randomers with them as big chest and back pieces and they were just dodge...

just did a google image search of claddagh tattoo and got this, quite nice, some awful ones on it too...

tatuajirlandez.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

got it on holliers in August in Tenerife,
    Love it, photos a bit dodgey took it with my phone!

thanks for the pic le rack, Its a nice one. Yeah something like that would be nice. Its simple. Thanks for going to the effort.

• Advertisement

lol, it's just what we do around here!

Jemmy that's really pretty!

Well seeing that your all so willing to help, I dont suppose you could take another lookat my tatoo and gimme any ideas on how to fem it up abit. Its not very pretty? Cause wehen I got it it was a now or never kinda thing.

And completely off the point? How dod you get the image dispplayed on your page in stead of a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭nikki 122

tatoos are so hot and i want 1 but very cynical about it so where is the most suttle place to get 1

nikki don't get one if that's your view on it, a tatto is for life not a fashion accessorie you can take off at the end of the night.

Audy, the only thing I can think of to fem up yours is stars or summit star like around it...sorry... as for the pic thing, don't know how to get my own attachments visible in the post but for stuff like above, type <insert html here>

cheer le rack!

• Advertisement

ah but id still like one maybe on my butt is it sore??

hey nikki
    yeah it can be sore. depending on were you get it. I think im wierd though, i kinda liked te feeling of it. my advice would be to get something that symbolises something in your life. that way youll never really regret it.

complete genius thanks much think i'll go for a red rose on the bottom of my back

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Audy wrote: »
    Well seeing that your all so willing to help, I dont suppose you could take another lookat my tatoo and gimme any ideas on how to fem it up abit. Its not very pretty? Cause wehen I got it it was a now or never kinda thing.

And completely off the point? How dod you get the image dispplayed on your page in stead of a link?

You'd be kinda limited as to what you can do with text to "fem it up". Possibly having flowers done in and around it, as if it's sitting among them, or a little more old school, have the text on a banner, carried by birds

nikki 122 wrote: »
    complete genius thanks much think i'll go for a red rose on the bottom of my back
    are you familiar with the term tramp stamp?

Seriously, do not go rushing into a tatt, piercings go right ahead, they can be taken out handy enough but tatts are serious business, give it a few months thought, see then would you still be happy with that rose or whatever, it's placement, meaning etc.

As for pain, depends on your threshold, I've a high pain tolerance but mine hurt a lot, at the time, afterwards it felt like nothing, and I've a feeling that for my next one it won't be half as bad. If bod mods are summit you're into the pain is a pleasurable bit just as is the result like....

tramp stamp?? never heard of it guess ill have to put more thought into it! thanks for the heads up

tramp stamp
    lower-back-tattoo.jpg

or, NSFW (not safe for work)
    http://www.tao-of-tattoos.com/images/lower-back-tattoos-1.jpg

Or, as it was so candidly put to me once, while merely chatting about tattoos, "you should get some text on your lower back so I have summit to read while I'm back there" twat bag never did get back there, but you get my drift...

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Le Rack wrote: »
    are you familiar with the term tramp stamp?

i know that a lot of girls get their lower back done as a first tattoo and i'm not too keen on tribals down there (or tribals at all really, but let's not get into that) but not all tattoos in that area are "tramp stamps".

my first tattoo is a black rose on the side of my lower back. i got it there because i thought it was a feminine placement, and it led to many. my torso is pretty much covered now, my full back and ribs are done.

fair enough a lower back tattoo is stereotypically indicative of a "chav" for want of a better word, but it doesn't mean that they can't be tasteful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

haha my sis has a tramp stamp!

i wonder tho does my horse tattoo count as one or is it just those tribal ones????:confused:

@nikki if u have to think this much then ur not ready for one!!! i knew for yrs what i wanted! and i always have my next one planned ages b4 i get it done!

as for the pain.... i dont find them sore..... bit stingy but not painful... but my fiances sister finds them excrutiating (sp? DILLIGAF i know u know how to spell that word ya nerd a little help please!! :p)

it doesn't mean that they can't be tasteful.

no offence but show me one that is tasteful, your's sounds grand and nice but that was off to the side, when you think lower back tattoo you generally think, base of spine area, even to get the above image I just put lower back tattoo in google image and got a hole host of dodge, literal tramp stamps...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I hate these "all my friends have one so I'll get one too" tribal tramp stamps. Every woman you see with a tattoo seems to have a dodgy piece of tribal on her lower back. Tribal seems to have become the standard issue tattoo, people put no thought into it, they just get a tribal armband or a tribal dragon or something equally imaginative.

xtruthx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

speaking of... anyone seen bounty hunter around at all lately?

Been neglecting the internets a bit lately, sorry. Back now though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

ShayK1 wrote: »
    i got a PM from Bounty Hunter yesterday relating to another Thread. so he/she is definately online

That was a different bounty hunter, I haven't been online for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

haha, good to see ya,... never got round to that PM, but you did get my texts, so all's well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Le Rack wrote: »
    , even to get the above image I just put lower back tattoo in google image and got a hole host of dodge, literal tramp stamps...

I put that into google images and it came up with this. I think It looks awesome...

Female_Tattoos.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

WindSock wrote: »
    I put that into google images and it came up with this. I think It looks awesome...

Female_Tattoos.jpg

its nice alright but i think its abit too much for women id prefer the standard plain one like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Are you serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

me wifes new tat

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

davey180 wrote: »
    its nice alright but i think its abit too much for women id prefer the standard plain one like this.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! prepare to be slaughtered!

so we shouldn't have a big portion of out body inked cuz we're women?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! prepare to be slaughtered!

so we shouldn't have a big portion of out body inked cuz we're women?

Only small ones on the foot are acceptable *puts more wood on the fire*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement