Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

good luck with it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

yeah if i get it, 18 mths paid work experience in the usa and im on the super highway to my PHD :D oops off topic. i'l stop now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

fantastic, looks like im gonna have an audience :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

there is ALWAYS an audience on boards....

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

*stares down sadly at her three boobies*

i immediately thought of THIS

best movie EVER!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

TOTAL RECALL!! :D
    awesome movie

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

i immediately thought of THIS

best movie EVER!

if only you looked like that!!!
    ah well i guess two will have to do

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

lol! :D I thought of that too, but didn't think of going to get the three boobed photo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

heres my most recent (yesterday) obviously nowhere near finished.

Really looking forward to getting the rest done

tatra1.jpg

.............. and some generic tribal, Still flakey and dark in some places as i only recently got it touched up.!!

tribalinsidearmkd8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

vangoz wrote: »

tatra1.jpg

Wow, that's amazing! Who did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

tatra1.jpg
    That's looking great so far! Who's doing it for you/where?

Thanks guys,

Yeah getting it done in Celestrial Ring SG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

that guitar biomech thingie is frickin awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

That's looking great so far! Who's doing it for you/where?
    lovely tattoo and the guitar awesome.As i was looking at it ,is the guitarist a Giger image by the way?

davey180 wrote: »
    lovely tattoo and the guitar awesome.As i was looking at it ,is the guitarist a Giger image by the way?

Yep its a Giger alright.

Yep its a Giger alright.
    what brillant idea to put the giger design.Was it your idea or the tattooist already had flash design already?:D

what brillant idea to put the giger design.Was it your idea or the tattooist already had flash design already?:D

Hahah,

Yeah i would like to take the credit, but its stolen from somewhere else, (not an actual tattoo)

Hahah,

Yeah i would like to take the credit, but its stolen from somewhere else, (not an actual tattoo)
    you robber lol

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Hahah,

Its the album cover for Steve Stevens Atomic Playboys. I like it, looks very good :D

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3006105/Atomic-Playboys/Product.html

• Advertisement

DinoBot wrote: »
    Its the album cover for Steve Stevens Atomic Playboys. I like it, looks very good :D

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3006105/Atomic-Playboys/Product.html
    wicked man,will that be your finnished tat with the slinky hair if you know what i mean.As for the record covers,clever idea i might rob one!lol
    So ye tat is freehand id presume?

how would it be freehand if vangoz gave the artist the picture to use?

wicked man,will that be your finnished tat with the slinky hair if you know what i mean.As for the record covers,clever idea i might rob one!lol
    So ye tat is freehand id presume?

Well yes and no, all of the original image is going in aswell as the rest of the guitar further down with all the same giger biomech elements in it.

Hahaah, i was waiting how long it would take for someone to cop its that album cover.

how would it be freehand if vangoz gave the artist the picture to use?
    the picture he used was from the album cover!So what are ye trying to say?

freehand implies the artist drawing directly onto the skin and tattooing over that. for a piece as intricate as vangoz, it would have to be traced in the normal way and the stencil put on his skin with the artist perhaps freehanding some details.

there's no way a picture that detailed could be freehanded directly onto the skin

freehand implies the artist drawing directly onto the skin and tattooing over that. for a piece as intricate as vangoz, it would have to be traced in the normal way and the stencil put on his skin with the artist perhaps freehanding some details.

there's no way a picture that detailed could be freehanded directly onto the skin

Yeah just a rough trace was done first, then the detail was put in free hand, you can see an example of the basic trace from the hair already in the pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

tatra1.jpg

Any chance of a colour pic, looks awesome so far. Is it gonna be whole back?

why dont you ask vangoz that as he didnt tell me the answer,so think before you reply to me,as for ;there's no way a picture that detailed could be freehanded directly onto the skin.course it could.

Yeah just a rough trace was done first, then the detail was put in free hand, you can see an example of the basic trace from the hair already in the pic.
    there you go tread_softly what did i tell ya.

• Advertisement

well IMO, i didn't think an artist could free hand draw that picture onto skin, when i say that i mean with marker. the detail comes from the tattoo gun which obviously is freehanded.

i take what vangoz says to mean that the artist drew on the outline with marker and freehanded with the gun?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement